• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Optifine. Hack or no hack?

Viikkttor

Tribute
Reaction score
I know that many people uses this mod, becouse it reduces lagg and gives you great FPS.
The only bad thing is the zoom.
So does this mod count as a hack, or is it allowed?:)

Brilliantos

Survivor
Reaction score
i dont this can be counted as a hack as it is very useful to the people with the terrible PCs like me :p

littlebiscuitz

Tribute
Reaction score
Optifine should not be classes as a hack purely because if it was banned the amount of people on the server would drop because they would not be able to play.

Zionboy

Tribute
Reaction score
Well I'm one of those people that use Optifine I don't use the Zoom feature unless I'm spectating. Optifine mod can not, an will not be banned due to the fact so many players need it to play. If they do ban it there going to lose a large majority of players, which will do more harm then good on their part. I can understand if some people would consider the Zoom as a hack, really the only advantage it gives a person is a little better view 20 blocks away. It's nothing compared to some actually using hacks that actually gives them a huge an unfair advantage against someone.

Reaction score
This mod does nothing to give you a "Physical" advantage like the usual hacks. I used optifine up until I built my new gaming PC over the winter. You can just see a bit more clearly even with the zoom.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
The zoom.
The most unfair hack ever!

You get to see their skin a bit better :3

littlebiscuitz

Tribute
Reaction score
If they do make it a bannable mod i think the amount of people on the servers will drop. I know for a fact that without optifine i could not join a game since i lagg too much in the lobby

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Do they have a list of bannable mods? What if you have the mod installed but dont use it? Should be more info on the mods...

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
I believe they specifically said that optifine was fair, which is definitely the right decision. I have it installed to boost performance, I don't need or use the zoom feature so it doesn't give me an unfair advantage over anyone.

InvincibleForce

Survivor
Reaction score
I believe they specifically said that optifine was fair, which is definitely the right decision. I have it installed to boost performance, I don't need or use the zoom feature so it doesn't give me an unfair advantage over anyone.
I've seen the post that permits it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci