• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My own coming out thread!

Are you an Atheist?

• Yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No sure

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My whole life, I've been in a heavily regilious world. I've gone through struggles in my life, wondering if there was a God and if so, why he lets horrible things happen. I made my decision when I met someone back in 2013 who turned my life & world upside down :) Honestly, believe what you want :D If I hadn't struggled in my life about what I believe, I would never be where I am today :3 Those who criticize you for being you are not worth it ;)

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I've studied both science and religion heavily. I am actually majoring in a science that's whole basis is revolving around evolution and I was raised by strong religious parents for 20 years. So far, I haven't seen any contradictory ideas between the two areas. I see no reason why the two don't work hand in hand.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I've studied both science and religion heavily. I am actually majoring in a science that's whole basis is revolving around evolution and I was raised by strong religious parents for 20 years. So far, I haven't seen any contradictory ideas between the two areas. I see no reason why the two don't work hand in hand.
Science says evolution religion says God. How is that not contradictory. The opposite of science is religion. Science requires evidence and religion requires no evidence. Im a bit confused by your statement.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Science says evolution religion says God. How is that not contradictory. The opposite of science is religion. Science requires evidence and religion requires no evidence. Im a bit confused by your statement.
Literally anything can be explained by being associated with the supernatural, making it impossible to prove/disprove anything at all.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Please be careful not to turn this into a flame war.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Literally anything can be explained by being associated with the supernatural, making it impossible to prove/disprove anything at all.
Science does prove things to be true. They are tested over and over by many people and receive the exact same answer. You can't prove/disprove the supernatural just as you can't prove/disprove the existence of unicorns. You can make up any answer for anything, doesn't make it true.

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
I think I am sort of leaning that way :3 I really doubt that there about 500+ different gods, things that happen to you after death, and other things. Also it is a scar on a good day off :(

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Just what I've learned. I don't view science and religion as polar opposites, as the world tends to portray them as.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Just what I've learned. I don't view science and religion as polar opposites, as the world tends to portray them as.
Im just curious how are they not polar opposites? Im really confused. Its like saying, I don't view hot and cold as polar opposites, as the world tends to portray them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci