• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Argument on Teir 2s and Why They Should be Removed.

Should Teir 2s be Removed? (Please Read the Whole Thread Before Voting)

• Total voters

gcb99

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I havent read any comments now - I'm sorry if I list something already listed

I have some points why I disagree.
First of all - and the main reason - Full Leather and Iron Sword + Bow make a fight take really short.
This doesnt sound bad first but now lets think a bit sharper:
A single hit NCP will make you die mostlikely.
Bows are overpowered.
Less stretegy ingame "May I try to attack this Guy or should I run"
Fights would get really boring - every figth against a Player would be a huge Routine. Imagine every fight is like this: One full charged bowshot. then fish rod hit and sword hit. Then maybe one or two more solid hits and every fight is over. Of course there are pros who're able to avoid those arrows but the main fights would look like that.
With twice as much armor you have to think about way more. "When is the enemy low enough to sword combat him though he has better equip"
"At which armor I can kill him though I'm just at 7 hearts" "How many bowhits do I have to do until I can 3 hit him?"
It took me 1+ Year to get though all the armor and know how low the enemy is - having all the stats in my head.
Why? Because everyone had dfferent equip. From 4 armor bars to 8. From Wood Sword to Diasword. I could tell you in a fight how many hits I had to set until he's dead.
How long do you think it'd take me learning all those stats for full leather?
I doubt longer than 1 month.

I see your points - don't misunderstand me - but I completly disagree.
In my opinion Tier 2's were the special thing that none of the other Servers had and why no other Server with only Tier 1s got famous
--> I think Tier 2's are one of the Main reasons why MCSG is that popular.

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I feel like I have to weigh in my opinion now...

I was here when there were no tier 2s. I even posted a picture on the screenshot thread when I got an iron chestplate. An iron chestplate, at the time, it was as rare as a diamond one :p But, I do no want to see them be removed. As soon as they are it will be "Full leather + possible iron sword fun", but that won't change anything. It will just make it easier for people who have adjusted to the new tactics to kill you. Taking away tier 2s just takes away better armor. And if you do get your way then what? You are going to complain about more and more and more things that get you killed. I mean seriously, with your argument we should get rid of everything except swords. I mean, armor is pretty op in my opinion -.-

On a different note I want to offer a suggestion of my own.
Why not take away things like Flint'n'steel, arrows, stacks of 5 feathers, fishing rods, bows, ect and change it to just the base items like string, flint, feathers, sticks, ect.

I love the amount of iron armor, it gives the chance for longer, more intense battles. But the over abundance of fishing rods, flint'n'steel, and arrows are what I think is killing the game. If we just put the roots of those items in the chests, it will cut down on all of the problems I see in this thread.

That would also make it more like the days when you didn't have tier 2s, because you had to make all of your items instead of casually finding them in chests.

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
I havent read any comments now - I'm sorry if I list something already listed

I have some points why I disagree.
First of all - and the main reason - Full Leather and Iron Sword + Bow make a fight take really short.
This doesnt sound bad first but now lets think a bit sharper:
A single hit NCP will make you die mostlikely.
Bows are overpowered.
Less stretegy ingame "May I try to attack this Guy or should I run"
Fights would get really boring - every figth against a Player would be a huge Routine. Imagine every fight is like this: One full charged bowshot. then fish rod hit and sword hit. Then maybe one or two more solid hits and every fight is over. Of course there are pros who're able to avoid those arrows but the main fights would look like that.
With twice as much armor you have to think about way more. "When is the enemy low enough to sword combat him though he has better equip"
"At which armor I can kill him though I'm just at 7 hearts" "How many bowhits do I have to do until I can 3 hit him?"
It took me 1+ Year to get though all the armor and know how low the enemy is - having all the stats in my head.
Why? Because everyone had dfferent equip. From 4 armor bars to 8. From Wood Sword to Diasword. I could tell you in a fight how many hits I had to set until he's dead.
How long do you think it'd take me learning all those stats for full leather?
I doubt longer than 1 month.

I see your points - don't misunderstand me - but I completly disagree.
In my opinion Tier 2's were the special thing that none of the other Servers had and why no other Server with only Tier 1s got famous
--> I think Tier 2's are one of the Main reasons why MCSG is that popular.
I have been looking through all the comment and I realize that some of you make fair points, so I think they should be Nerfed as to where they only give gold armor, and sometimes chain, but never Diamonds nor Iron as these are OP. The reason MCSG is so popular is because we were the first large servers out there to host HG, and all other Survival Games servers use plugins that give gold-iron, therefore your last sentence is invalid. I do understand your reasoning and logic though.
I feel like I have to weigh in my opinion now..
On a different note I want to offer a suggestion of my own.
Why not take away things like Flint'n'steel, arrows, stacks of 5 feathers, fishing rods, bows, ect and change it to just the base items like string, flint, feathers, sticks, ect.
Wow that is actually a very strong a good idea, although I feel iron armor and diamond swords are OP, maybe keep it at Chain and Gold?

PUR3SK1LL7

Survivor
Reaction score
But you mus remember mate, this is not the Hunger Games, it is the Survival Games. Campers usually have little skill and don't normally get many chests, I think that maybe refill can give a bit of gold armor and maybe rarely chain, nut Iron and Diamonds are a little over powered.

D-D-D-Double Post. Sorry, I had to say it.

On-topic: I believe that Tier 2s should be random. If you don't know what I mean, I think they should have a random chance of spawning in any given chest. For example, if you stumbled across a chest it has, say, a 1 in 15 chance of becoming a Tier 2. This way, it still has some luck, and skill involved.

Ginger

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I only really disagree with one thing, I think that F&S are a GREAT aspect in PVP. It just gives players who use it properly the ability to defeat a player with better equipment. It also makes it so a solo player stands a chance against a team. Here is and example.

Good player with leather armor and wood sword runs into bad player who got lucky and found full iron and a diamond sword. The good player wouldn't have "much" of a chance against the bad player (especially if the bad player has a teammate) But the good player can set him on fire and use his PVP skills to defeat him.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I feel like I have to weigh in my opinion now...

I was here when there were no tier 2s. I even posted a picture on the screenshot thread when I got an iron chestplate. An iron chestplate, at the time, it was as rare as a diamond one :p
That would also make it more like the days when you didn't have tier 2s, because you had to make all of your items instead of casually finding them in chests.

Your point sort of fails..
I have pictures from the 20th of April last year of me hiding in a tree with guys in diamond armour trying to get to me.

10 days after MCSG opened.
10 days.

There were Teir 1 and 2 always....

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Your point sort of fails..
I have pictures from the 20th of April last year of me hiding in a tree with guys in diamond armour trying to get to me.

10 days after MCSG opened.
10 days.

There were Teir 1 and 2 always....
You really seem stupid when you post with wrong information, I'll leave it as that.
Hint: You may have missed a couple months of mcsg.

Edit: That was a bit harsh on my side, sorry for that, but the point still stands.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You really seem stupid when you post with wrong information, I'll leave it as that.
Hint: You may have missed a couple months of mcsg.

Edit: That was a bit harsh on my side, sorry for that, but the point still stands.

Yeah, I used a minimap until May last yeah :p. It has been sorted with staff so its fine.
These screenshots are from April 17th to April 25th of 2012.
2012-04-20_19.51.18.png
2012-04-21_20.59.18.png
2012-04-21_21.18.02.png
2012-04-26_20.18.00.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci