• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Argument on Teir 2s and Why They Should be Removed.

Should Teir 2s be Removed? (Please Read the Whole Thread Before Voting)

• Total voters

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This removes the mental/knowledge aspect of the game. What need is there to try to learn maps when the best you get is full leather? I can do that on any map, any game. This makes it fair PvP; if you want that, play Sixzo's server or Roxbot.

This is honesly why I would pay MCSG 200$$ for 2 weeks of the old servers with the old players. No teir 2's, SG4 and stuff. SG1,2,3 with the old chests, mobs and "A cannnon could be heard in the distance". postpone the donors things, I just want it back like the old days. I was young and on my moms computer and was scared. I was sometimes shaking. It was SOOOOOO much better (in my opinion) back then, then it is today. Today is based on luck not skill. today its whoever got full iron diamond sword, not who had the best skill. Back then, getting an iron chestplate was like being a god. you would be SUPER lucky to get an iron chestplate. today, you just wonder if my Tier 2's spawned with a chestplate.

You conveyed everything I tried to. Good job sir, you get a large COOKIE
You say now its based on luck, but then you say you used to need to get lucky to get an iron chest plate. To be honest, luck was EXTREMELY important back then. Everyone was bad; someone gets full iron, they win. Now there is a much higher average skill, and if you can't keep up, you lose.

I can't take people saying luck is more important now when almost all my old wins were from luck and I hardly win from luck anymore.

5Life

crafter extraordinaire
Reaction score
They should either make tier 2's a mix of tier 1's and current tier 2's, or just make it so iron is more rare than chain, chain is more rare than gold (you get the point)
Just a suggestion :)

dq

District 13
Reaction score
From what I've heard, but I wasn't paying attention, tier 2's are getting nerfed with the addition of tier 3s.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I to was here last Summer, back when I was a noob I camped ALOT, and usually came into Dm with full leather and a stone sword. But every time I came into Dm the person who got refill had full leather and an Iron sword, and maybe once an a while they had a mix of gold and leather armor. So, that meant I had a chance, I had a chance to come into deathmatch and Possibly win when I was camping the whole game. Because in the real Hunger Games everyone had a chance. Now in these days, if a noob comes into Dm with Full leather, the other guy will have full Iron, that gives the noob a 1 in a Million chance to win.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I to was here last Summer, back when I was a noob I camped ALOT, and usually came into Dm with full leather and a stone sword. But every time I came into Dm the person who got refill had full leather and an Iron sword, and maybe once an a while they had a mix of gold and leather armor. So, that meant I had a chance, I had a chance to come into deathmatch and Possibly win when I was camping the whole game. Because in the real Hunger Games everyone had a chance. Now in these days, if a noob comes into Dm with Full leather, the other guy will have full Iron, that gives the noob a 1 in a Million chance to win.
Conversely, the person who made it to DM against a camping noob was likely much higher skilled and could easily finish them off. In the Hunger Games, virtually no one had a chance against the OP Career team. And you want to reward camping?

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
I actually feel that tier 2 chests should be nerfed slightly and possibly not contain armour all together. I feel that if they contained things like small stacks of iron or gold ingots they would provide a similar benefit but would need some assembly first to make the contents useful.
Or maybe even thinks like gold armor and maybe rarely Chain, but never Diamonds or Iron.

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
Conversely, the person who made it to DM against a camping noob was likely much higher skilled and could easily finish them off. In the Hunger Games, virtually no one had a chance against the OP Career team. And you want to reward camping?
But you mus remember mate, this is not the Hunger Games, it is the Survival Games. Campers usually have little skill and don't normally get many chests, I think that maybe refill can give a bit of gold armor and maybe rarely chain, nut Iron and Diamonds are a little over powered.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But you mus remember mate, this is not the Hunger Games, it is the Survival Games. Campers usually have little skill and don't normally get many chests, I think that maybe refill can give a bit of gold armor and maybe rarely chain, nut Iron and Diamonds are a little over powered.
The person I was replying to made a comparison to Hunger Games, so I corrected him on it. I don't normally compare MCSG to Hunger Games.

FlyingMammalMan

Survivor
Reaction score
I seem to remember without the tier two chests the games had more survival feel about them where food was more rare (I remember having to kill mobs because I had run out)
This for me is what they lost not how fair they are because let's face it in most maps the players with skill ( good chest routes) normally all have similar equipment by DM and its skill that then wins. Though I'll admit it isn't always the case even my 7 tier two chest route in holiday resort has left me with nothing but an iron sword, leather chest, gold leggings and iron boots and helm.
Though I think it would be cool to have a separate. "Survival" survival games mode where mobs were on and there were no tier 2's with the chests having no bows, little food and no arrows etc.
That way we would keep the current style everyone loves and get the good old style :)

Sumakid8

Experienced
Reaction score
No.

Why? You have a perfectly good statement.

I will rant about this now.

I play MCSG for fun and PvP, not survival.
I have a perfectly good private server to
play that on. MCSG truly shows how to PvP and map out routes. I have a route on SG4 that gives me almost always full chain/iron.
And having leather against iron doesn't mean you will always lose.
*hint* 3 Player DM.
Having only Tier 1's would be boring. There is an incredibly hard lava parkour on Destiny's Shiver that has a Tier 2. I almost die everytime.
What about Fortune Island? That parkour that is near impossible and traps you when you fall has 2 tier 2's. That wouldn't be worth it, as I have another route that gives me about 11 tier 1's.

Tier 2's make MCSG interesting.

J

Joel/MadDawg

While I wasn't around back before tier twos, I did play in v1 for a few months and I LOVED it. I'd been playing on different survival games before, but the first time I joined a mcsg game I remembered thinking that this was the "legit" survival games. Good items from tier twos was a rarity, and I remember that when I got even just one piece or armor from corn I felt loaded. The idea of tiered chests is what made mcsg stand out to me, and I would hate to see that go away. However, I think that they should definetly lower the loot in tier twos. Back then if you had full iron and a diamond sword, you were the only person who had full iron OR a diamond sword. But in games nowadays there is at least two other people in the game who have full iron and diamond swords. Overall, I would hate to see tier twos go away completely, but I would love it if they would lower the loot back to v1 standards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci