• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSg v2 Worries

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Whoa there guys...MCSGv2 is going to still be a huge improvement in almost every way...one change that's not liked isn't going to ruin it completely. Remember, MCSGv2 consists of many, many changes that people like you all agreed with from the start. >.>
I know that if I was Chad right now, it would be really discouraging to see replies like this when I've worked so hard on something. It especially doesn't help that some of you guys are saying MCSGv2 is bad when in reality it's just one feature you disagree with...

Instead of constantly "bashing" on Chad/MCSGv2, why don't we stay on topic to this change in particular, and give valid opinions on it? Most replies I've seen after my own aren't really helping...
I meant the chest randomization. I'm all for the other features I've heard of. They sound great. Sorry if I came off as hating of MCSG V2

Vox

Career
Reaction score
Guys, Chad is an intelligent guy. There's no way in the world he would think to do this, as he would have obviously have thought out the severe consequences of it. I call this 'rumor' BS
If you look at my last forum post, which zeno saw it is titled Getting a Little Bored. Chad himself made this leak don't say things like that unless you know what you are talking about Please.

Vox

Career
Reaction score
Whoa there guys...MCSGv2 is going to still be a huge improvement in almost every way...one change that's not liked isn't going to ruin it completely. Remember, MCSGv2 consists of many, many changes that people like you all agreed with from the start. >.>
I know that if I was Chad right now, it would be really discouraging to see replies like this when I've worked so hard on something. It especially doesn't help that some of you guys are saying MCSGv2 is bad when in reality it's just one feature you disagree with...

Instead of constantly "bashing" on Chad/MCSGv2, why don't we stay on topic to this change in particular, and give valid opinions on it? Most replies I've seen after my own aren't really helping...
Thanks G33ke that is what this forum post is all about. Im trying to stay focused on the subject. I believe MVSGv2 will be a fantastic update to the servers. Just because we all don't agree on the same topics does not mean we should bash chad/mcsgv2. This was just one leak that bothered me and I decided to attempt to voice this. Don't make this into a flame war or I will have it blocked.

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This thread is turning into a bunch of flame wars and complaining. You guys should appreciate the update even if there is one feature you don't agree with. I'm sure ChadTheDj will realize some people don't like the idea and possibly change it, we will see. I agree with G33ke 100%, if I was making a huge update and people were complaining, I would be very upset.

If you have any actual input instead of complaining, try posting on a home page update and see if he responds.

#Locked

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess when I post about details on the new MCSG V2, I guess I should be specific on what exactly we plan to have randomized. We only plan to have tier 3 chests to do this and the other chests will be untouched. The main issue with this game it's way to predicable and we wanted to add some randomized twists. I will not disclose what tier 3 chests will do but again, just making sure you know...tier 1 and tier 2 WILL be the same. Your routes will be fine and really this whole thread would have been diverted. I guess speaking broadly can get into consequences. I am going to reopen this thread as I do like opinions HOWEVER, this isn't a place to call names and just flat out argue into heated posts.

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I guess when I post about details on the new MCSG V2, I guess I should be specific on what exactly we plan to have randomized. We only plan to have tier 3 chests to do this and the other chests will be untouched. The main issue with this game it's way to predicable and we wanted to add some randomized twists. I will not disclose what tier 3 chests will do but again, just making sure you know...tier 1 and tier 2 WILL be the same. Your routes will be fine and really this whole thread would have been diverted. I guess speaking broadly can get into consequences. I am going to reopen this thread as I do like opinions HOWEVER, this isn't a place to call names and just flat out argue into heated posts.
Thanks chad. Much appreciated.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thankyou for verifying Chad. Is there an approximate time of realease?

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thankyou for verifying Chad. Is there an approximate time of realease?
I don't think there is, they're brainstorming and adding things as they do. Just be patient for now I assume. It was estimated as January 1st, but that never happened so I don't think theres a set date yet.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To support yet modify the idea of randomly placed chests, have static; well-known chests as well as randomed placed chests. Maybe have 3 chest placement designs for each map, with similar but not excact placements and have it randomly select one of the three designs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci