• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSg v2 Worries

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I guess when I post about details on the new MCSG V2, I guess I should be specific on what exactly we plan to have randomized. We only plan to have tier 3 chests to do this and the other chests will be untouched. The main issue with this game it's way to predicable and we wanted to add some randomized twists. I will not disclose what tier 3 chests will do but again, just making sure you know...tier 1 and tier 2 WILL be the same. Your routes will be fine and really this whole thread would have been diverted. I guess speaking broadly can get into consequences. I am going to reopen this thread as I do like opinions HOWEVER, this isn't a place to call names and just flat out argue into heated posts.
Well, if it's opinions you want:
That is actually a really good idea, I do like it myself. It's always nice to have something there to spice up the game a bit, really can turn the tables, and finally I can get all of corn without telling myself "I win." and being right 99% of the time. (Which is good because I can finally have a reason to actually be "nervous"/on my toes...I lost that feeling a while ago. :/ Early game? I didn't "waste" much time in that game, so what if I die? Late game? I won't die...This is something we needed. :p)

Vox

Career
Reaction score
I guess when I post about details on the new MCSG V2, I guess I should be specific on what exactly we plan to have randomized. We only plan to have tier 3 chests to do this and the other chests will be untouched. The main issue with this game it's way to predicable and we wanted to add some randomized twists. I will not disclose what tier 3 chests will do but again, just making sure you know...tier 1 and tier 2 WILL be the same. Your routes will be fine and really this whole thread would have been diverted. I guess speaking broadly can get into consequences. I am going to reopen this thread as I do like opinions HOWEVER, this isn't a place to call names and just flat out argue into heated posts.
Thank you so much chad for letting us know and clearing this up. I did not mean for it to become a roast of Chad.

Thank You Sir.

Zane_Collix

Survivor
Reaction score
wtf they were gonna change chest location!??? This would push me over the edge... I may even quit mcsg

TheDeviousKitty

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree, randomizing the chest locations would ruin all puzzles and traps. Even forcing those chests to always be their would defy the point of the whole randomization system.

Randomizing tiers is no better. Puzzles and traps won't get done because at the end there is a chance they will only get a rotten flesh or stick.

Both options will ruin MCSG.

So the winning option? I believe I herd Chad say this earlier, 4 or 5 tiers of chests. This way, you can't run a route with 5 tier twos and get stacked. This should spread out the routes and make people re-think them. Most importantly though, there will not be only amazing routes and crappy routes. There will be some good routes, some okay routes and some bad routes. Of course higher tiers will be harder to obtain.

I think one of the flaws in the systems is how some maps are designed. Some tiers twos are just hard to find, but once you find them they are some easy iron armour. Tier twos should be either time consuming or difficult to get.

loic1212

Diamond
Reaction score
This might come out rude but, are you so lazy to watch all pages? Chad said that every chest will stay at his normal place. However the new tier chests, called tier 3 chests , will be randomized.

I think it's a great idea to have tiers 3 and have them randomized. So when you have a diamond sword and some good armor you can't say: Yay! Another win! This adds a more paranoid feel to the games. Because you know if someone gets this tier 3 he might be able to compete with you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci