• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSg v2 Worries

Vox

Career
Reaction score
I posted the thread Getting a Little board couple of days ago and got a lot of responses. I also got one from chad who left another leak he said that all the chests will be randomized all the chests will be different in every game. Therefore there would be no chest routes. That scares me I have talked to people on TS and honestly they all find that stupid and unappealing.

I have a compromise though ChadTheDJ instead of switching the chests locations why not randomize the tiers of the chest. Your idea of moving all the chests every game ruins map making ideas such as redstone and things like that. I have another idea as well when you update the servers you could switch the chests locations but if they are always randomized there is no strategy at all.

Codered1218

Experienced
Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing! I have been wondering how randomizing chest locations would work, and I just don't think it will. But randomizing tiers would be the best thing. It adds variety without breaking stuff in the map.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
He wasnt sayings that he was changing the physical location of them, just the teir.

Vox

Career
Reaction score
Plg21 Don't mean to sound rude but how do you know from the leak thats not what it sounds like.

Vox

Career
Reaction score
Another secret leak: MCSGv2 will have randomized chests. No more chests in the same location.

That is the exact message that chad put so. This disproves your theory Plg21

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Then having parkours and stuff in maps are totally useless, map makers wont have any secrets to share. No secret passages as they waste time.

If the chest stay on the same spot, no one will go through parkours, redstone puzzles, and swimming routes just to reach a chest, as you might as well stay close to land finding chests. If this is the case, it's stupid and will ruin the experience for many. Also ruin a lot of unique features with the maps.

Vox

Career
Reaction score
Then having parkours and stuff in maps are totally useless, map makers wont have any secrets to share. No secret passages as they waste time.

If the chest stay on the same spot, no one will go through parkours, redstone puzzles, and swimming routes just to reach a chest, as you might as well stay close to land finding chests. If this is the case, it's stupid and will ruin the experience for many. Also ruin a lot of unique features with the maps.
I agree with you thats why I posted this in hopes Subversion or Chad see this and maybe they can clear things up.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
The way I understood it was that it would be the locations that will be randomized. Interesting concept, but it will not work. All the parkours, combinations, and passage ways that lead to chests will be useless. Chest locations are a part of the maps. I thought it would be interesting and fun at first, but after thinking about it more I hope they don't do it.

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
WHAT ERMEHGERD NO THIS WAS A HORRIBLE IDEA! :eek:
This is why we can't have nice things, Chad! :(

Ember

Survivor
Reaction score
If tiers are randomized, I would keep the middle (corn) tier 2. This IS a hunger games simulation, getting a stick from looting corn isn't the same as good gear.

Vox

Career
Reaction score
If tiers are randomized, I would keep the middle (corn) tier 2. This IS a hunger games simulation, getting a stick from looting corn isn't the same as good gear.
Thats not what I'm saying corn should be tier 2 aggred

Ember

Survivor
Reaction score
Also, people would start using x-ray to find chests. Imagine how much hacking would ensue. D;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci