• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make "Trash Talk" Bannable

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I also think this will be helpful on the forums.
The staff just will lock for flame, or remove a post without ever telling the player he did something wrong. Staff, don't tell me it's not true. It's true. Staff, don't do it. You know it, it's true.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
The staff just will lock for flame, or remove a post without ever telling the player. Staff, don't tell me it's not true. It's true. Staff, don't do it. You know it, it's true.
I wish they could actually them me or give a valid reason.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I wish they could actually them me or give a valid reason.
About a week ago, a player was literally attacking me on a thread. I figured, what ever I will let it go, a mod will come and deal with it. Well a mod came, and just went, "Stop flaming or I will lock." WHY THE FREAKING HELL WOULD YOU THREATEN TO LOCK A THREAD FOR FLAME WHEN IT IS BECAUSE OF ONE FREAKING PERSON. CAN'T YOU JUST PUNISH THEM SEPARATELY WITH A FORUM BAN, OR AT LEAST WARN THEM. ONCE AGAIN STAFF, DON'T TELL ME YOU DID ANYTHING, I KNOW YOU DIDN'T. OH, AND THE MOD DIDN'T EVEN DELETE THE GUY'S POSTS. I was going to report this to SR. Staff, but last time I complained to them they never responded.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was spectatinng a game recently. My friend was playing and there was also a mod (I respect this mod a lot) on, watching. Someone was going around killing people and writing stuff like this:

"Gg2ez 10 hearts noob paddy cake #steamrolled2k14 #badatgeame wheeeeeyyy."

As in, a full sentence abusing each person that they killed. The mod couldn't do anything against it since it wasn't technically against the rules. He couldn't even warn him, or he would have been stepping out of line as a mod.

How is it possible that people can do stuff like that in plain sight with a mod watching and not worry at all about any punishment? It's a complete joke.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I was spectatinng a game recently. My friend was playing and there was also a mod (I respect this mod a lot) on, watching. Someone was going around killing people and writing stuff like this:

As in, a full sentence abusing each person that they killed. The mod couldn't do anything against it since it wasn't technically against the rules. He couldn't even warn him, or he would have been stepping out of line as a mod.

How is it possible that people can do stuff like that in plain sight with a mod watching and not worry at all about any punishment? It's a complete joke.
Sadly, I totally believe this is 100% legit. Do you have a screenshot though, so the staff can't defend this?

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Trash talk is not bannable e.g. "got rekt" "ez" "12 hearts" however harassment is bannable due to its abusive nature. SpartanDudeFTW pm me the evidence of the harassment and I will take a look.

The mod had every right to tell the player to stop seeing as it is just generally rude. Trash talk is one thing however taking something that far is ridiculous.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score

I know there's no way I'd let that go by without at least saying something. ;)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Trash talk is not bannable e.g. "got rekt" "ez" "12 hearts" however harassment is bannable due to its abusive nature. SpartanDudeFTW pm me the evidence of the harassment and I will take a look.

The mod had every right to tell the player to stop seeing as it is just generally rude. Trash talk is one thing however taking something that far is ridiculous.
So trash talking cannot be harassment guys. Yes, you heard that right.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Exactly what people don't get is that the staff are not robots. We can make a judgement that is not based around the rules with something called common sense :p

So trash talking cannot be harassment guys. Yes, you heard that right.
that is not what I said however the two are different although there can be overlap.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sadly, I totally believe this is 100% legit. Do you have a screenshot though, so the staff can't defend this?

I did take a screenshot, I will post it later since I'm on my phone. Again I won't say who the mod is since I respect him but if there's any chance the guy that said that can be banned then I'll see to it :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci