• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make "Trash Talk" Bannable

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Honestly I think it should only be bannable if it is a really extreme case, otherwise just a mute
Please read the second part of my post:
[insert first part of post here]
Edit: Continuing on,
So, if this is disrespecting other players, which is a direct violation of the rules, WHY IS IT NOT PUNISHABLE?
A mute isn't good enough. I was Livestreaming with a friend, and he let slip a curse word in chat. He was then muted for an hour by a Moderator who was in the game/watching the livestream. You know what happened? He raged. What didn't happen, was he didn't learn a lesson. I can guarantee that he will continue to swear in chat even though he was muted once, and even if I talk to him about how it's negative, he's going to continue to do so.
A kick? That's sometimes even worse. All it does is piss them off. I don't remember being kicked in a long time, but I do know a few other people who have been, and all they did was log back onto another server, sometimes even the same server, and start playing again, with no change in their attitude.
The entire post can be found on page three, or by clicking the Up arrow at the top of the quote.

If this (Minecraft) is supposed to be a kid's game, it needs to be suitable for kids.
Yes, MCSG is based around killing other participants, but there are and always will be young players who join because of other minigames like ZedChase, or the merge with the AntVenom network.
And as it stands, I know/knew plenty of 11 and 10-year old kids who got into MCSG before any of these other minigames.

It will never be bannable, a mean , if you banned everyone who called someone a noob , then I think everyone who even commented on this thread including yourself would be banned and mcsg would be a draft of a breeze with a bush rolling through.
Echo, you're giving a much too strict point of view. There are limits and boundaries.
I know you're buddy-buddy with Dave and stuff, but think of it from the POV of a younger player, of which there are many on these servers.

Pretend you were, say, twelve years old.
Would you really enjoy being called a "scrub" who got "gg10 rekt"?
And that you were called a "noob squeaker with no life"?
Is that really something that you would want your kids to be subjected to? Being blatantly and openly disrespected on a video game, and then having the video game's staff not do anything about it?

Littlesoy

Tribute
Reaction score
I am not sure about this being bannable , but it would be good and be bad in some ways.

OpticFusionz_

Career
Reaction score
Did you realize that you literally just admitted to violating a rule which could result in a permanent ban?

(http://prntscr.com/4903qr)
"DO NOT ANTAGONIZE OTHER MEMBERS"

Admitting to violating a rule does merit punishment, just like saying "I hack" in chat would get you banned.
Therefore, by that train of logic, you practically just posted on the forums, in front of several Moderators, a sign saying "BAN ME! PICK ME! BAN ME QUICKLY!"

Edit:
And before anyone says, "oh, well, he shouldn't be banned" for any reason, let me explain this:

He's a person that trash-talks and antagonizes other players FOR FUN.
He literally disrespects other players and tries to make them rage, just so that he can get a kick out of it.
Is that really someone you want on your servers? I think not.

*waits for banhammer*
I never really said I did it. I just meant it gave an edge. so I don't wanna get into a fight and/or get a ban. so I'm not gonna go any further in this conversation. and yes. I did say I trash talked but I meant ez or GG cuz most think it's trash talking. I didnt mean OH URBAD LOL MATE

SpartanDudeFTW

Diamond
Reaction score
I never rly said I did it. I just meant it gave an edge. so I don't wanna get into a fight and/or get a ban. so I'm not gonna go any further in this conversation. and yes. I did say I trash talked but I meant ez or GG cuz most think it's trash talking. I didnt mean OH URBAD LOL MATE
You are kinda contradicting what your saying. You trash talk but in a polite way? There is no nice way to trash talk because it is always used to purposely make someone mad for some sick form of enjoying life.

OpticFusionz_

Career
Reaction score
You are kinda contradicting what your saying. You trash talk but in a polite way? There is no nice way to trash talk because it is always used to purposely make someone mad for some sick form of enjoying life.
Saying GG isnt trash talking, really. and ez is pretty rare for me. I only say it if I'm at 10 when I kill someone. which never happens. Now this conversation is OVER I'm not talking anymore. And I would never do it to hurt/make someone feel bad about themselves. I'm not a sicko.

SpartanDudeFTW

Diamond
Reaction score
Saying GG isnt trash talking, really. and ez is pretty rare for me. I only say it if I'm at 10 when I kill someone. which never happens. Now this conversation is OVER I'm not talking anymore. And I would never do it to hurt/make someone feel bad about themselves. I'm not a sicko.
I dont understand anything you have been doing in this thread but I guess you are done talking so ok

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci