• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MAC or Windows or Linux?

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Windows = beter for games. And when i use mac i have no idea what i'm doing

You feel that way about Mac? I feel that way about Windows xD and you know whats funny, is that the dog is using WINDOWS and not MAC xD

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
You feel that way about Mac? I feel that way about Windows xD and you know whats funny, is that the dog is using WINDOWS and not MAC xD
You didn't let the dog use that Mac because its so expensive.

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You didn't let the dog use that Mac because its so expensive.
I don't really get what you're trying to say? Because my Dog has typed Yogurt on my Mac before trying to get my food, So I think he knows what his doing. But can a dog eat yogurt?

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I dual-boot Windows 7, Windows 8, Chromium [Chrome OS remake] and Linux :3

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I like all of them for different reasons.

Windows: Good for most things; most common OS; my primary OS on my desktop.
Mac: Good for a lot of software development, specifically iOS development. Primary OS on my MacBook Pro.
Linux: Good for servers. Primary OS on all of MCSG's servers and all of CubedHost's servers :p

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sort of same as Forairan

Windows 8 is my primary OS, since I'm used to it and most programs are available on Windows. Don't hate on 8 till you try it, in my experience it better than 7, with the added start button anyway.

And OSX Maverick on my Macbook Air, cuz meh. I usually have Windows 8 on it. I like OSX, just not for me though.

I have Ubuntu on my other machine for Android stuff and my servers.

Reaction score
I used to use a mac, which worked pretty well for me exept I couldn't record videos :/ Now I use Windows and I love it :)

47knight471

Career
Reaction score
For those noobs that complain your Mac is Kathy, get a Solid State Drive (SSD) but not before you backup everything in your computer first. If you need to know how, just Google it.

With SSD I can run Shaders on my MacBook Pro at fancy, Far +64 full screen mode at 100fps.

Huehuehue

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
For those noobs that complain your Mac is Kathy, get a Solid State Drive (SSD) but not before you backup everything in your computer first. If you need to know how, just Google it.

With SSD I can run Shaders on my MacBook Pro at fancy, Far +64 full screen mode at 100fps.

Huehuehue
I don't think SSDs make a difference in minecraft, I had dual SSD's in RAID 0 in my macbook pro and didn't change my minecraft performance much at all. Other games probably benefit more significantly from SSD's though.

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Windows>Mac>Linux>Windows XP
XP haunts my dreams.

Windows is nice, especially Windows 8 for gaming, doesn't matter what people say, and even though in my opinion Windows 7 is much better, 8 is the recommended OS for most gaming computers. But I won't bother arguing with the general public, especially on the internet. Mac is yucky, unless it's for general use. Linux is horrible, and there's nothing more to it.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
:O
BUT MINES $1200 and it only plays 60FPS On FAST! D:
LOl my Macbook Air, plays at 80, 90, 100 FPS; and Minecraft is the only program that runs decent — all of my other apps run laggy as crap.

EDIT: I have 13inch Macbook Air ( Mid 2012 ) $1,099.00 bucks....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci