• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is MCGamer still looking to hire more devs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
You cannot run a major network with only two devs. Simple as that. For MCGamer to progress more devs are needed. Is MCGamer still looking to hire? I remember they made that thread a while back, but in the end only CAm was added and now we have lost Ava.

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
Before anyone starts reading this, not trying to start beef, just stating my thoughts and opinions on this topic.

I really don't see it happening anytime soon, it wasn't that long ago he let go of Rusty and KP and from what I'd see Rusty working on every time I was with him I know he worked his butt off while he was here, so all I can think is that he just couldn't afford to keep them around. Hiring CAmadeusA was a good idea but the thing is, like you said, this server can't run off only 2 devs, especially when they themselves have real life responsibilities and other things to focus on, but if Chad can't afford to keep AU up and running without issues, what makes anyone think that he can afford to hire new devs to work on the servers MCGamer has left?

Not to mention, does he have the time to go through applications/interviews/trials for new devs? He's always saying how busy he is with his real life and other responsibilities.

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
Just had to remove lots of messages that either were rude/disrespectful or didn't contribute to the topic.

Please remember to keep on task and on point, and there's no need to be disrespectful to anyone here, including the developers & Chad.

Yozy_XD

Diamond
Reaction score
Just had to remove lots of messages that either were rude/disrespectful or didn't contribute to the topic.

Please remember to keep on task and on point, and there's no need to be disrespectful to anyone here, including the developers & Chad.
Mentioning Dave is disrespectful? Please explain how.

PaulBlart

Survivor
Reaction score

You, sonny jim, need to brush up on your rules and what constitutes being on topic and not on topic.

arsenalfcgunners stated that mcgamer needed more devs. I stated that if the 2 devs knew what they were doing, they would not need to hire more.

Being a staff member doesn't permit you to delete the truth that IS on topic and is NOT disrespectful.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You cannot run a major network with only two devs. Simple as that. For MCGamer to progress more devs are needed. Is MCGamer still looking to hire? I remember they made that thread a while back, but in the end only CAm was added and now we have lost Ava.
If anything try to get more interaction between devs and players, I mean Gideon hasn't posted on a single thread that wasn't an update.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Very true. At least CAm interacts so we still get somewhat of an idea of what the devs are doing but he should be more engaged for sure. However, the purpose of this thread is more concerning the lack of developers.

2 devs is enough? Are you saying that the current development state of the network is acceptable? Anti-cheat is horrible, and we only have a simple FFA gamemode (Battlegrounds) and a few working SG gamemodes. All the other gamemodes don't get any work put into them. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the current devs are doing a bad job, there is just too many jobs to do. This network needs lots of new amazing updates ASAP, and we need more devs to make that happen while maintaining the current quality of the network.

Please name a large MC network that has only two devs. You need more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Two would easily be enough if they knew what they are doing. Your very selective vision clearly allowed you to completely ignore the 'if they knew what they are doing' part. If they knew what they were doing, anticheat and a simply glitch would not take 10 months to fix, would it now?

Wait- why does this matter? Thats like saying that a successful server has 12 devs, therefore, to become successful, every server needs 12 devs.

Its quality over quantity my friend.
Did I ever say 12 devs? No, 3 or 4 would be good. It is very possible to have 3 or 4 quality devs. CAm is in college btw. It is not like all they can do all day is code. Therefore more devs are needed. And I also find it ironic how you state that "two devs would be enough if they knew what they were doing." Then, you go on to suggest that they don't know what they are doing based on the anti-cheat status. So you are basically admitting that we need more than two devs? Yes I agree. However, I don't think it is that they don't know what they are doing. It is more that they just have too many jobs to do at once since there IS ONLY TWO OF THEM.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Two would easily be enough if they knew what they are doing. Your very selective vision clearly allowed you to completely ignore the 'if they knew what they are doing' part. If they knew what they were doing, anticheat and a simply glitch would not take 10 months to fix, would it now?

Wait- why does this matter? Thats like saying that a successful server has 12 devs, therefore, to become successful, every server needs 12 devs.

Its quality over quantity my friend.
Yeah, you don't really know what you're talking about.

The MCSG devs are fine as far as I can tell, but some glitches are difficult to locate and far less simple than they appear.

On top of that, anticheats are immensely complicated. It took one of the best coders in all of Minecraft to make a decent one, and even with the immense resources that Hypixel and Mineplex have, both servers are hacker infested.

This isn't to say that MCSG's anticheat situation is acceptable, just that it's not as easy as you seem to think it is.

And quantity is important, on top of quality. Badlion's dev team, at one point tiny, has grown to 10 people. Look here: https://i.gyazo.com/4b4352a40198067a902160ed7c485f79.png

A large dev team can tackle a broader range of issues and is better equipped to deal with the small stuff like glitches.

PaulBlart

Survivor
Reaction score
And I also find it ironic how you state that "two devs would be enough if they knew what they were doing." Then, you go on to suggest that they don't know what they are doing based on the anti-cheat status. So you are basically admitting that we need more than two devs? Yes I agree. .
Oh my lord.

I can't tell if you're joking or not- are you? If not, oh boy oh boy, I see why you were staff now.

"two devs would be enough if they knew what they were doing."
Yes thats right.

Then, you go on to suggest that they don't know what they are doing based on the anti-cheat status.
That is also right.

So you are basically admitting that we need more than two devs?
What? HAHA. I have no idea where you conjured this idea from sir. If they don't know what they are doing, what is the point of having them there? Its really not a difficult concept to understand (then again, neither are a lot of things, yet people like you continue to see their own view only): quality over quantity.

Yeah, you don't really know what you're talking about.

The MCSG devs are fine as far as I can tell, but some glitches are difficult to locate and far less simple than they appear.

On top of that, anticheats are immensely complicated. It took one of the best coders in all of Minecraft to make a decent one, and even with the immense resources that Hypixel and Mineplex have, both servers are hacker infested.

This isn't to say that MCSG's anticheat situation is acceptable, just that it's not as easy as you seem to think it is.

And quantity is important, on top of quality. Badlion's dev team, at one point tiny, has grown to 10 people. Look here: https://i.gyazo.com/4b4352a40198067a902160ed7c485f79.png

A large dev team can tackle a broader range of issues and is better equipped to deal with the small stuff like glitches.
Valid points on most accounts. Except... the fact that "some glitches are difficult to locate" is an excuse for, you know, a month maybe? When it gets to 10, that doesn't pass. It means they don't know what they are doing or simply don't know how to work systematically to discover what is happening. Both probably?

Obviously having a large amount of devs allows for faster everything, that doesn't change the fact that 2 (that knew what they were doing :O !) could have fixed an issue in 10 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci