• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is MCGamer still looking to hire more devs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
WAY to much flame on this thread. Some of it is my fault I apologize. Can a staff member please answer my question and lock this thread. All wanted was an answer to my question, not a flame war.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Before anyone starts reading this, not trying to start beef, just stating my thoughts and opinions on this topic.

I really don't see it happening anytime soon, it wasn't that long ago he let go of Rusty and KP and from what I'd see Rusty working on every time I was with him I know he worked his butt off while he was here, so all I can think is that he just couldn't afford to keep them around. Hiring CAmadeusA was a good idea but the thing is, like you said, this server can't run off only 2 devs, especially when they themselves have real life responsibilities and other things to focus on, but if Chad can't afford to keep AU up and running without issues, what makes anyone think that he can afford to hire new devs to work on the servers MCGamer has left?

Not to mention, does he have the time to go through applications/interviews/trials for new devs? He's always saying how busy he is with his real life and other responsibilities.
Somehow I missed one of the only sensible posts on this thread. WUPS! Yes your points are very true. The one problem with Rusty was his timezone difference. I think Ava mentioned that somewhere. Since he was asleep when they were awake communication had a pretty big lag time. As for the part about Chad, probably very true. Hiring a dev isn't by any means easy either. You don't want to have to spend months getting them up to speed, they need to be good at teaching themselves stuff, and have a solid background before hand. Not a lot of people that are available that fit those requirements. That being said, it isn't like this issue is impossible to solve. If budget is the problem then do a quantum thing again. If time is the problem then Chad simply just needs to find the time because in my opinion this is a crucial issue in terms of the future of the network.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
WAY to much flame on this thread. Some of it is my fault I apologize. Can a staff member please answer my question and lock this thread. All wanted was an answer to my question, not a flame war.
As Chad is responsible for the hiring of Developers, he is pretty much the only one that could give you a solid answer to your question. To my knowledge, help is always wanted. It comes down to if he can find the right person or not. For now, we have two great developers that are managing to the best of their abilities.

Due to the massive flame that seems to love arising on this thread, I am going to go ahead and lock it.

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
[Replying to this post on behalf of [B][COLOR=#b30000]ChadTheDJ[/COLOR][/B]]

Is MCGamer still looking to hire?
Hey everyone who commented on this thread, everyone who's been wondering about this and [COLOR=#006600]arsenalfcgunners[/COLOR] in particular,

The answer to your question is yes, MCGamer is still looking into hiring: Chad is always looking for good applicants. Meaning that if someone is interested and fits the requirements, they can email their application to [email protected] and Chad will personally review your email.

All the requirements and what you want to include in your email can be found in this (still relevant) thread: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/developer-applications-are-now-open.241368/

I hope this has answered your question, have a great day!

~Vigilo

QA;TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci