• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is MCGamer still looking to hire more devs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Ava knows what he is doing. You have no development knowledge yourself and therefore you do not have the credibility to determine what they should have accomplished. Im my opinion the issues was that they were (and still are) overworked. They have way too many projects on their plate. This network needs more devs imo, so that the current quality can be raised.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
my god, you are ignorant. Have you been a developer? Nope. Until you get yourself that fancy rainbow name, sit down, and actually do the work, stop accusing the developers of things when you clearly don't understand the situation. Thank you.

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
my god, you are ignorant. Have you been a developer? Nope. Until you get yourself that fancy rainbow name, sit down, and actually do the work, stop accusing the developers of things when you clearly don't understand the situation. Thank you.
Wtf that analogy is horrible. You can't compare the criticism of a developer team to the criticism of a "doctor stabbing his patient in the heart" those are two very different things.

HaydenForumAcc

Spectator
Reaction score
Wtf that analogy is horrible. You can't compare the criticism of a developer team to the criticism of a "doctor stabbing his patient in the heart" those are two very different things.
Well what PaulBlart means is that just because you aren't experienced in that profession doesn't mean you can't point out the obvious. I think the analogy is very good.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh my lord.
Valid points on most accounts. Except... the fact that "some glitches are difficult to locate" is an excuse for, you know, a month maybe? When it gets to 10, that doesn't pass. It means they don't know what they are doing or simply don't know how to work systematically to discover what is happening. Both probably?

Obviously having a large amount of devs allows for faster everything, that doesn't change the fact that 2 (that knew what they were doing :O !) could have fixed an issue in 10 months.
Okay, I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous that some things aren't fixed.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
You really don't understand how an analogy works do you? Oh boy, now I see where that ATAR went.
The problem with your analogy was that the development issue is much more complex than a doctor stabbing a patient in the heart. It is impossible to understand the development part without inside information. You do not know what other projects Chad was having them focus on, unexpected challenges that were faced, other serious issues that slowed down their work on that particular area. The fact that you think it is so simple shows what little knowledge you have of development.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
Can someone explain me why do you have to be from US to work as a developer here? What if I want to work for free?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Can someone explain me why do you have to be from US to work as a developer here? What if I want to work for free?
It is due to at least two reasons, the first and most important is the legal issues. I don't know the exact details into why this is, but it has been previously stated that they prefer US because of the legal side of things. If I had to guess, all their contracts are probably written for US law, and to make them work with another country they would probably have to get legal advice specific to that region which would be very expensive. Also, timezones are also an issue. It is hard for devs to get stuff done when there is a lag time in communication due to the different timezones. That has also been stated as an issue straight from the devs.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
This thread has previously been warned for it's dip into flame, so I hope and pray that it doesn't continue again or else the thread may have to be locked if it can't result in a civil discussion. For the most part, the flame has been removed yet again. If the members that were involved continue, it could result in further consequences. To those of you that are actually contributing to a real conversation, thank you.

Keep it on topic, guys. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci