• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How Would You Punish Trashtalk?

How would you punish Trashtalkers?

• Punish with Mutes

Votes: 75 52.4%
  • Punish with Bans

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Another Punishment Plan (Please specify in the comments)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Trashtalk should not be punishable. People just need to learn to ignore it.

Votes: 43 30.1%

• Total voters

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Arguments to ban for "trash-talking" are highly semantic.

The current staff should be prioritizing their time to other, more important activities within the community/server. If the most productive thing they can do is sit and watch for or ban "trash-talkers", then they either need to be removed from staff or the higher-up staff must realize that the progress MCgamer needs to become better does not lie within such trivial things.

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
Arguments to ban for "trash-talking" are highly semantic.

The current staff should be prioritizing their time to other, more important activities within the community/server. If the most productive thing they can do is sit and watch for or ban "trash-talkers", then they either need to be removed from staff or the higher-up staff must realize that the progress MCgamer needs to become better does not lie within such trivial things.
AMEN.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Shout outs to Col for being the only one to ever consult the community.

But I voted no because I really don't want another thing you can get banned for when you're joking around with your friends.

Last edited:

Kat

Team Representative ♫ Recruitment
Reaction score
I feel as if trash talk shouldn't be punishable mainly because...
1) It would lead to a lot of Mutes/Bans
2) It's part of the game

These are some reasons why I feel like trash talking shouldn't be punishable.

Twistology

Career
Reaction score
Suck it up. No need to punish people. You can't mute someone in real life. Lmao
You can't really relate it to real life. In real life you wouldn't chase someone for 5 minutes with 3 of your mates wearing box-like iron armour and scream 'GG FKN 10 EZ' when you slap them to death

i hope

But ye, mods should be focused on other things than people who can be bothered to tell someone how bad they are

M

MattGlowstone

I do not believe that this should be punishable, there's the people out there who say 'ez', of course this makes people mad but honestly you do forget about it. What JLioner has said here is basically what I mean, I just haven't worded it correctly
I voted for Trashtalk not being punishable.
Yes, those words "ez" "rekt" (and so on) are not needed and it's annoying when you get killed by a triple-team and then all of them say "eZ" "rekt".
But honestly if I think about it, it's not a big deal. After 10 minutes I forgot it and couldn't care less.
Another point is, that people say "rekt :D" after killing a friend in deathmatch, just for fun. And really, that shouldn't be punishable, in my opinion.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't understand why people take it so seriously.

If you get absolutly demolished by someone, and they say "ez", its because you got demolished. You can't get offended if you actually get rekt.

If you have a close fight and you lose, then the guy who kills you says "rekt", then you laugh it off since you know if you had say 1 more hit it would be you the one alive.

Maybe if people would stop getting offended by people playing a block-game, they would have more time to get better.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think any other community wouldn't take it seriously, since it's usually not an issue. But MCSG's community has gone too far. There's no way anything's going to get better unless we change some policies. Sure, you might be able to ignore it, but I know that many people are definitely fed up with it. How can you fully enjoy a place where people think being nasty and rude to someone is part of the game?

That's not part of the game. That's just bad sportsmanship that hasn't been frowned upon enough.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't really find trash talking to be a ban offense but a kick could be something that it could be for, they people do it on purpose and yes it annoys everyone that gets called eZ. I just find people immature when they say "eZ, bad, GG eZ".

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
When I kill a team I enjoy saying eZ. They deserve it for teaming, and for dying to someone who has a half-broken 'w' key. ;_;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci