• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How Would You Punish Trashtalk?

How would you punish Trashtalkers?

• Punish with Mutes

Votes: 75 52.4%
  • Punish with Bans

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Another Punishment Plan (Please specify in the comments)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Trashtalk should not be punishable. People just need to learn to ignore it.

Votes: 43 30.1%

• Total voters

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So we mostly agree that bans are out of the question, and mutes are too inefficient and trivial, right?
I think a plugin to censor these words work work perfectly, then.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Think of it this way. Once it's been said, it's been said. I think if somebody puts something such as "rekt", "you suck", or "l2p" the chat message will not go through, and the players will receive a message to show better sportsmanship and to rephrase their message to something more respectful. Players who find ways around this are to be punished as if they'd bypassed the filter.

If you're trashtalking your friends, just say it to them in TS or if you're a mod say it in spooky scary staff chat huehuehue

MisiLica

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I say it should be a muteable offense. It isn't worthy enough for a ban. Though why punish? Well, when a player says something like that "l2p" etc, to another player, the offendee would be provoked and most likely say something worse. With the mutes, all of this could be prevented.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Or we could implement an auto-mute that mutes players for the rest of the game they're in if they say something like "rekt", "l2p", etc.

The only problem I can see with this is how we'll be able to mute them just for the rest of the game, and there would most likely be a lot of false mutes and grey-areas because a console can't understand context because it isn't a human :p

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Or we could implement an auto-mute that mutes players for the rest of the game they're in if they say something like "rekt", "l2p", etc.

The only problem I can see with this is how we'll be able to mute them just for the rest of the game, and there would most likely be a lot of false mutes and grey-areas because a console can't understand context because it isn't a human :p
Lets say, EZ = rest of game mute

Player exclaims "EZ" after killing a team of Hackers. Gets muted, and I would say he well deserved to day EZ.

Player goes into next game. Kills a good player. Knowing the server blocks "EZ", the player shouts "E.Z", bypassing that filter.

It would be too easy to bypass this, and many people would get falsely muted, similar to how some foreign words get filtered because an English swear word is in that foreign word.

EVEN IF WE COULD manage to block all the EZ, L2P and Rekt messages, Why should we? Someone gets offended? I'm not insincere when I say, GROW UP.

I completely understand abuse messages, and although they don't bother me, others have a legit reason to be bothered. Therefore, I agree with the rules with abuse. But trashtalk is so minor, so hilariously insignificant, I am lost for words how people get offended at it.

I feel as if there are 2 communities, MCSG, and MCGamer. MCGamer is a community where you play all of the game-types on the entire server, while the MCSG community is solely MCSG. The MCSG community is the competitive community, the ones that take the game serious. So when they do well, they need to let everyone know it. I find EZ to not necessarily mean (You're easy) but (You're easy in comparison to me) So when the MCGamer community gets offended by the MCSG community, they try to change the rules.

Don't change the rules.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would be fine with not having this rule if /chat off was implemented. If that was a command, people wouldn't have to suck it up, they'd just do the command. But it hasn't been added for Chad knows why, and so chat abuse remains a problem.

I mean seriously, if 52% of the people who voted think trash talking is an issue, then it's the least MCSG can do.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
lemon squeezy
For some reason this just made me laugh.

Anyways, I think it has gotten out of hand and should be first mute, but after multiple offenses a ban. Also, I'd like to see ./ignore command, which you can use 1 time a game or something like that.

hdwisiaaof

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel that it should be punished using the following table:
Kick
1 Hour Mute
5 Hour Mute
1 Day Mute
3 Day Mute
Permanent Mute

If someone can't learn to not trashtalk after 5 mutes/kicks, they need help with listening and don't deserve to talk in chat anymore.
permanent mute are you having a laugh

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
For some reason this just made me laugh.

Anyways, I think it has gotten out of hand and should be first mute, but after multiple offenses a ban. Also, I'd like to see ./ignore command, which you can use 1 time a game or something like that.
Use /chat ignore [player].

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
I'm not sure if someone has already posted this, because I rushed to post this in the responses.

This idea was brought up in the past, and I don't know what happened to it, although I believe that things like "eZ" "rekt" etc. should be automatically turned into undeniably respectful things like "You're good!" "good try." and if a player is to bypass it they can be treated the same as bypassing the filter.

While it can be a bit difficult to Moderate, unless the bypass it we can't take action, and since the large decrease in hackers, it'll give a lot more Moderators something to do!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci