• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How Would You Punish Trashtalk?

How would you punish Trashtalkers?

• Punish with Mutes

Votes: 75 52.4%
  • Punish with Bans

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Another Punishment Plan (Please specify in the comments)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Trashtalk should not be punishable. People just need to learn to ignore it.

Votes: 43 30.1%

• Total voters

FabledMage

Spectator
Reaction score
Replace rekt, gg10, l2p, get good ect. With good fight, well played and bad luck. Temp mutes would work too

FabledMage

Spectator
Reaction score
We're all gamers aren't we? Any game you play you'll be given those simple to extreme trash talkers. People who trash talk do it because it's funny to see the reaction of the player they intended to insult. You can go play Club Penguin and you'll still get a trash talker here and there. Sometimes trash talking can go above and beyond the intended reaction and cause tons of drama and more people saying useless things to other players.

Trash talking has many different levels from playful to extreme. Playful trash talk is simply saying "gg" or "ez" just tiny little remarks to cause a few seconds of elevated heart rate. Extreme trash talk is when someone goes way to far like saying "go kill yourself, you suck at minecraft kid you're trash get good scrublord cake eater no life fgt" something that should really never be said.

In a game like Minecraft, it's hard to avoid any trash talker just like any other game. We're gamers and we play to win. Sometimes winning can cause some harsh words. Look at pro CoD players who make a living by winning. They trash talk and they're at the top of the gaming community.

Trash talking is here to stay and if you try to remove it, it's only going to cause more angry players and upset kids.
Gg isn't always mean. Some players are just saying good game though I see your point

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
I wouldn't.

Aside from the fact you should have thick enough skin to handle very basic crap like eZ, you will be upset for 10 seconds before you forget and go to another game.

If you are upset from things like gg10, eZ, get rekt, think of what you will feel when you are fired or you break up with a girl or something like that.

Eddy

District 13
Reaction score
I sometimes say those trash words to let my anger out. lol

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
I am extremely sorry for the long post you all are about to read.

I voted, "Trashtalk should not be punishable. People just need to learn to ignore it," and here is why.

Trash-talking is part of life; sometimes it is even in the form of minor bullying. Though bullying is, and should continue to be, socially unacceptable, I feel as though people have made the decision to take trash-talking personally and negatively in the form of bullying. For me, however, I see it in a completely different way. I see it as constructive criticism.

Hypothetically speaking, say I am told "GG REKEKEKEKEKT" in game. For me, I would take this as the player is informing me that I am just straight up bad at the game. Now, I can either make the decision to be mad, which most people do nowadays, or I can take this as a learning experience and try to make the best out of it. For me, I would try to make the best out of it as that is just the type of person I am. So in this case, because I am aware and have been told that I am just straight up bad at the game, I would search, let us say YouTube, for Tips and Tricks to help improve my skills and knowledge of the game.

All in all, I feel that people feel obligated to point out the flaws in each and every person, but what most people do not understand is that even the most perfect people are flawed. We, as a Community, or even the World for that matter, need to move past this negative energy we live in. We need to embrace the beauty and the things that are provided for us. Just think of it this way, while you feel enraged because you died and someone said "GG REKEKEKEKEKT" to you all over a block game, someone out there is enraged at the fact that their last meal was stolen by someone else. With logical thinking and understanding of how this particular situation works, you have a far better off life than that of the person who's meal just got stolen, and you being enraged over something so childish, is well, childish.

Again, I just think people just take this game way too seriously and that all the anger behind this trash-talking is because of narrow-minded people. Like I previously stated, and I know it is very cliché to say, but "it is just a block game." It truly is. If people cannot seem to understand that, then I feel like they need to take a break to refresh themselves on their behaviour and reprioritize their lives.

In addition to this, and I do not know if this has been suggested in the previous posts or not, but I suggest an Automatic Word Replacement System.

So for example, say someone says "GG REKEKEKEKEKT," instead of them being punished or the chat being filtered, the Automatic Word Replacement System would replace it with something like, "You did very well! Good try!" Though this may required a lot of help from the Developers, I feel as if this would greatly increase the positivity within the MCGamer Network, which is something I feel this Community desperately needs,
particularly in the US Region.
Shout outs to Col for being the only one to ever consult the community.

But I voted no because I really don't want another thing you can get banned for when you're joking around with your friends.
Community feedback and involvement, in my opinion, are our top priorities at the moment. They are for me at least. Without this Community, the MCGamer Network is nothing. Although some people may not have agreed with the most recent updates (ie. MCGamer V2, Minecraft 1.8, The Leaderboard Update, etc...), innovation is important and sometimes people are just going to have to learn that the hard way. It is really no different than the controversial world we live in today. People are just afraid of change because it is something we are not all used to. This is only because it is unstable for us and learning to adjust to our new environments is easier said than done. It just takes some getting used to, is all.

Last edited:

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I am extremely sorry for the long post you all are about to read.

I voted, "Trashtalk should not be punishable. People just need to learn to ignore it," and here is why.

Trash-talking is part of life; sometimes it is even in the form of minor bullying. Though bullying is, and should continue to be, socially unacceptable, I feel as though people have made the decision to take trash-talking personally and negatively in the form of bullying. For me, however, I see it in a completely different way. I see it as constructive criticism.

Hypothetically speaking, say I am told "GG REKEKEKEKEKT" in game. For me, I would take this as the player is informing me that I am just straight up bad at the game. Now, I can either make the decision to be mad, which most people do nowadays, or I can take this as a learning experience and try to make the best out of it. For me, I would try to make the best out of it as that is just the type of person I am. So in this case, because I am aware and have been told that I am just straight up bad at the game, I would search, let us say YouTube, for Tips and Tricks to help improve my skills and knowledge of the game.

All in all, I feel that people feel obligated to point out the flaws in each and every person, but what most people do not understand is that even the most perfect people are flawed. We, as a Community, or even the World for that matter, need to move past this negative energy we live in. We need to embrace the beauty and the things that are provided for us. Just think of it this way, while you feel enraged because you died and someone said "GG REKEKEKEKEKT" to you all over a block game, someone out there is enraged at the fact that their last meal was stolen by someone else. With logical thinking and understanding of how this particular situation works, you have a far better off life than that of the person who's meal just got stolen, and you being enraged over something so childish, is well, childish.

Again, I just think people just take this game way too seriously and that all the anger behind this trash-talking is because of narrow-minded people. Like I previously stated, and I know it is very cliché to say, but "it is just a block game." It truly is. If people cannot seem to understand that, then I feel like they need to take a break to refresh themselves on their behaviour and reprioritize their lives.

In addition to this, and I do not know if this has been suggested in the previous posts or not, but I suggest an Automatic Word Replacement System.

So for example, say someone says "GG REKEKEKEKEKT," instead of them being punished or the chat being filtered, the Automatic Word Replacement System would replace it with something like, "You did very well! Good try!" Though this may required a lot of help from the Developers, I feel as if this would greatly increase the positivity within the MCGamer Network, which is something I feel this Community desperately needs.

Community feedback and involvement, in my opinion, are our top priorities at the moment. They are for me at least. Without this Community, the MCGamer Network is nothing. Although some people may not have agreed with the most recent updates (ie. MCGamer V2, Minecraft 1.8, The Leaderboard Update, etc...), innovation is important and sometimes people are just going to have to learn that the hard way. It is really no different than the controversial world we live in today. People are just afraid of change because it is something we are not all used to. This is only because it is unstable for us and learning to adjust to our new environments is easier said than done. It just takes some getting used to, is all.
I feel like having it say "You did very well! Good try!" could also be taken as sarcasm, and would be more insulting than "rekt"

Crafterr

Platinum
Reaction score
I completely agree I think that there should be a positive filter added. For example is someone types "l2p scrub" it actually sends out "Great Job buddy!"

Just an idea for positivity:)

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel like having it say "You did very well! Good try!" could also be taken as sarcasm, and would be more insulting than "rekt"
Though this may be true, again, I bring up the fact that people take video games, not just Minecraft but video games in general, too seriously. As a result, the intention of most video games, to create endless and safe entertainment, now becomes a toxic, unsafe environment. This is something that not everyone notices or understands.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I think trashtalking should be a mutable offense. You are harassing other players through chat, so the punishment should be chat based. It's not severe enough of a violation to be bannable, but a mute prevents them from doing it any more.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not sure if someone has already posted this, because I rushed to post this in the responses.

This idea was brought up in the past, and I don't know what happened to it, although I believe that things like "eZ" "rekt" etc. should be automatically turned into undeniably respectful things like "You're good!" "good try." and if a player is to bypass it they can be treated the same as bypassing the filter.

While it can be a bit difficult to Moderate, unless the bypass it we can't take action, and since the large decrease in hackers, it'll give a lot more Moderators something to do!
Good Try is one of the most sarcastic things you can say lmfao

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Replace rekt, gg10, l2p, get good ect. With good fight, well played and bad luck. Temp mutes would work too
I completely agree I think that there should be a positive filter added. For example is someone types "l2p scrub" it actually sends out "Great Job buddy!"
For the record, I actually approached Rusty about the possibility of adding in chat substitution. He said that it would take a lot more time to create and incorporate into our current system than it took to make the filter.

It's on the list, and it seems to be something that the community wants to see as the next step forward. But for now, we'll have to be content with the filter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci