• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to fix MCSG

Swoopz

Career
Reaction score
Much much much easier said than done both as a work force (development team and administration) and financially. When things are monetarily limited, expansion is limited to two regions. AU was not financially viable for MCGamer as it only had about 60-100 players peak time. As much as I dislike the fact AU was removed due to a loss of friends and friends in the staff team, I can understand where Chad and the Development team came from with this.
But the numbers shouldn't matter. There were people who spent money, and more importantly a portion of their lives into that server. Now that sounds very dramatic, but when you think about people who were high on the leaderboards such as myself, and clan battles that were done, that is a large portion of time you are dedicating. I think numbers shouldn't be brought into the situation as AU still had players. Had Chad been a better owner, maybe AU could still be up...

And don't be afraid to write on an opinion on Chad's presence. Because like most staff members there too scared to voice their opinion on such a matter. You're in the staff team to improve things, and such by writing a small opinion on Chad could abit, and the community will respect you for doing so. Now I'm not saying go and bash on Chad. I'm saying constructively explain both sides, and tell your opinion. After all it's an opinion.

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
But the numbers shouldn't matter. There were people who spent money, and more importantly a portion of their lives into that server. Now that sounds very dramatic, but when you think about people who were high on the leaderboards such as myself, and clan battles that were done, that is a large portion of time you are dedicating. I think numbers shouldn't be brought into the situation as AU still had players. Had Chad been a better owner, maybe AU could still be up...

And don't be afraid to write on an opinion on Chad's presence. Because like most staff members there too scared to voice their opinion on such a matter. You're in the staff team to improve things, and such by writing a small opinion on Chad could abit, and the community will respect you for doing so. Now I'm not saying go and bash on Chad. I'm saying constructively explain both sides, and tell your opinion. After all it's an opinion.
Genuine truth is, I don't have an opinion. Never took the time to think about things like that.

But, to just clarify up on what you said about the people who donated, etc. –– the donation was made to MCGamer in general, on all the regions it has

Reaction score
Suggestion #1: Rebrand MCGamer and just call it MCSG
If you think of it from an Advertising standpoint, then yes, it could be really beneficial, but in the end, the server is more than just a Survival Games server. Finding other ways to advertise the server would be amazing and is what we should do, but if we go back to "MCSG" (Minecraft Survival Games), it would be declaring us as a Survival Games only, as it was back in the day and as you stated, yes, we do have the majority of the server playing Survival Games, but in the end, if the Survival Game concept dies, nothing you have stated up to date and will state will be useless. Everything grows from a standpoint, some things go out of date quicker then others, best to have other backups, because who knows, the current gamemodes we have could spark attention somehow and we could get another big name to come along with the "Home of the MCSG"

Suggestion #2: Add 1v1 to Battlegrounds
I feel like battlegrounds was made to be a live practice of the SG, to warm up to be the closest thing to SG, a live fighting arena where you still have to worry about others. But I can agree on that, 1v1's are pretty fun, but would only prepare you most of the time for a 1v1.

Suggestion 3: Hire more developers

Like you said, easier said then done. It's usually hard to find someone that has all the requirements to be a developer, let alone a minecraft server. Not sure if you know, but the code Java, is quite a bit different from "Bukkit" which is a form of Java, but is used for coding, so usually no normal developer can jump straight in.

Suggestion #4: Anti-cheat.

I'll say, the anti-cheat has saved me quite a few times from blatant hackers, banning them a second before they would be killing me in game. Like I said to everyone else, the anti-cheat is quite good, there are flaws, but no anti-cheat is perfect. I can tell you quite a few people try and get themselves banned by the anti-cheat and have witnessed it second hand, some were just bad luck due to client side problems. There can be an improvement, and I agree, but I don't see it as bad as you are portraying it.

Suggestion #5: We need an owner

Well technically right now, there is a structure that monitors the staff and is quite efficient actually, you just don't see it because to see it, you mostly have to be on the staff team to see the staff team being monitored as we are shown quite well every month for activity checks of the higher ups watching us, or them coming to us about concerns/gratitude's of what we did that had little to no relationship to them. The server monitoring process is mostly done by Moderators, telling Sr Staff the moment they know something is wrong with the server to pass it onto the developers. And for the community, it's mostly the whole staff team that monitors it, it's a bit of a broad point you are hitting right there, if you go more in detail for that I can go on and explain more on what we do to "monitor the community".

Suggestion #6: Listen to the community

I'd say we listen to the community quite a lot, remember in 2015 I believe when the 1.8 version came out, the whole server wanted to revert back to 1.7, but they compromised and made it 1.7/1.8 as there are many players who play on 1.8, regardless of your opinion on it. For the anti-cheat, it's easier said then done, but the developers know there are flaws and I'm sure they will improve it when the time comes. Not fix as it does work at the moment.

Suggestion #7: Bring back AU/CA

I can agree, that bringing back AU/CA would be beneficial for players, but I remember CA was removed due to lack of staff as one of the reasons (I was staff on CA during that time :p), and I believe is the same thing for AU, there were lack of staff on AU. Now we can't force AU players to become staff, nor is it possible to hire staff due to them being Australian, as it would lower the qualifications and quality of the staff team. And nor can you force a certain staff member to go on AU to watch for hackers and rule breakers. If you think about it, US or EU staff go on AU, it gets laggy for them, there could be many false punishments for hacking due not the original player lagging, but due to the staff member lagging which then would be a whole different issue with the community. It is sad that we lost players from the removal of EU, but then there would still be, and maybe even more of that issue of "This % of the server is hackers".

Suggestions #8: New Staff Team
Again, you can't force Staff members to moderate on a certain region as it could easily affect evidence credibility due to ping, e.t.c. As for balancing out the staff team, it looks like you're adding more Senior Staff. If you look at this, Sr Staff are hand picked when the team 1. Needs them, 2. Believes they are qualified, no extra application or interview process. Trying to balance them out could bring down the work quality of the actual staff team. And seeing that you play on U.S., I'll assume you are American, meaning that when you are on, EU staff are probably asleep which is why you find yourself without seeing many or no staff member on EU when you are online, but I can assure you it does get looked after quite a lot.

Suggestion #9: Quantum Donor

Well Quantum donor is only of so high money because it is a rare rank that only comes on occasion. If we were to have it as a regular rank, that $200 rank would go down drastically because it is no longer rare. It's a regular stock market type thing. When it's scarcer, prices raise, more common, lower. And if you're going to compare MCSG with a factions server, there are more perks to give out on Factions then MCSG does as they are two different gamemodes thus being able to have more ranks that are within the EULA rules on Factions other than MCSG.

Suggestion #10: General Glitches (that I have personally found)
  • Sometimes regular SG games turn into UHC-SG games.
  • Sometimes, when trying to eat food, it takes forever (literally never ends).
  • Bow sometimes doesn't shoot.
  • You can sponsor 2 of the same item (if 2 people click it at the same time).
  • 1/2 the time, when I connect or do /hub, there isn't a hub for me to join.
  • Fire doesn't place after a really quick turn.
  • MCSG Maker sometimes doesn't create a server.
  • Servers sometimes go offline mid-pregame.
  • /join and /watch sometimes tries to put me in Pregame/Deathmatch/Otherwise un-joinable games.
  • In UHC-SG, crafted golden apples don't stack with regular ones and golden heads don't stack at all.

1. I believe it is known already.
2. That is probably a you problem from internet connection, as it seems pretty normal for me.
3. That's a vanilla glitch, not a glitch that can be fixed.
4. I'm pretty sure you can sponsor people 1 of everything per person. So 2 people being able to sponsor someone the same thing isn't really a bug.
5. Never had that problem before nor have I ever heard of that. No comment on that.
6. Never heard of this either.
7. Known bug and devs have knowledge of it.
8. Known bug.
9. /join will only bring you to pre-game if you clicked it when it was transitioning in between the lobby and start. /watch brings you into a game that is already being played, so I don't see why or how that is a bug as it brings you into a game that is already in progress.
10. Probably a bug from in game.

Suggestion #11: General Improvements (not critical).
  • Balance tiering and spawnpoints in UHC-SG. (way too OP at the moment)
  • Add /whitelist for donors (you decide what rank). This would be good for donors trying to play with friends, as usually, even with a party, it can be hard to join the same game.
  • Add back MCSG Maker with credits. (Right now there is pretty much no purpose for credits, so no one will buy them).
  • Add back Iron Donor for a price of your choosing (I suggest $2 a month) and only give it access to full games and 1 extra vote (or none at all) since those are the 2 main reasons why people even buy donor in the first place.
  • Add /join SG 24/48/120 (Self-explanatory)
  • Make lobby times shorter (1 minute)

1. From my knowledge, UHC is a game that the final players become really OP game, so I don't see how it can be a problem. For spawnpoints I don't think there really are places you can say "op" as it's kind of random where you would spawn.
2. That could be a way for non-donors to ask donors to party them just to not get kicked. It's really prone to abuse, if you want to join full games, get the rank to get the perk.
3. MCSG Maker is known to be broken and is known by devs.
4. I don't remember why Iron donor was removed, but I'd be down to get Iron as I was able to afford it back in the day, but not $2, that's way to little imo and wouldn't do too much of an impact on donation rises.
5. Not really
6. It skips down to 1 minute if the server reaches 24 players. The reason why its long is so that there is time for it to become full.

Suggestion #12: Bring Back the Old Stats System

As stated in the example #2 picture, the Old Stats System was really old and had many bugs fixed by "gum and duct tape". Right now I feel the current stats are fine, but if there would be any changes, a new one would have to be made. Sometimes outdated codes are outdated for a reason and need to be changed for those same or different reasons.

CrazyTaco

Gold
Reaction score
When they say that, they aren't reffering to the maps themselves, but rather to that era. The era when ChadTheDJ was part of the community, the era of less hackers, the era when the great players were still roaming around.
The good ones still roam.... But they're rare. Heres a list of them:

BiBoyQG
Pyr
Cxlvxn
SAO_AsuunaYuki
GigsKids
Hup234hup
CrazyTaco62
Rosuze
Th1ngy
Sixzor

^ pretty much the active community that you commonly see

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
The good ones still roam.... But they're rare. Heres a list of them:

BiBoyQG
Pyr
Cxlvxn
SAO_AsuunaYuki
GigsKids
Hup234hup
CrazyTaco62
Rosuze
Th1ngy
Sixzor

^ pretty much the active community that you commonly see
You joined in 2015. You haven't witnessed enough of mcsg to truly know how great it was back then. Also, you left out a lot of people like reven86 and knowledgeguy . Most of the people you put up there are active in the community and stuff, but many do not belong in the era Matt was talking about.

CrazyTaco

Gold
Reaction score
You joined in 2015. You haven't witnessed enough of mcsg to truly know how great it was back then. Also, you left out a lot of people like reven86 and knowledgeguy . Most of the people you put up there are active in the community and stuff, but many do not belong in the era Matt was talking about.
LMAO... try searching "ThatCrazyTaco". I have had 2 accounts, and I used my cousins for 2012 minecraft....

CrazyTaco

Gold
Reaction score
Also, I was talking about current active players

drVAPES

Quantum
Reaction score
I don't think Quantum should be released again.

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
LMAO... try searching "ThatCrazyTaco". I have had 2 accounts, and I used my cousins for 2012 minecraft....
Ah, gotcha my bad...
Also, I was talking about current active players
Those are current active players. knowledgeguy was a legend in the legacy, and has nearly 1000 wins now. Same with reven, who 4000 wins in the legacy and has nearly 2000 now, making him the player with the most mcsg wins of all time. They are active in SG, but maybe not so much anymore in the forums.

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't think Quantum should be released again.
Agreed, this rank was respected and valued high, since few players had it. When they released it again, the rank lost value, since more people had it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci