• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Highfield Estate

Do you want to see Highfield Estate on MCGamer?

• Total voters

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the terraforming. The sand should have never been used in the mountains. It just doesn't look natural. Also the mountains seem to perfectly follow the glass wall around the map. I know you were trying to hide the outside of the map, but it still doesn't look natural. Also the mountains smoothing is very rough.

Also, those trees look a lot like the ones on this website: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/native-trees-of-europe-template-repository-1779952/ I think we might have a plagiarism issue...

The builds are cool though. They are definitely the high point of your map. They look amazing to be honest. I really like them. Lots of detail and very clever. A+ on these.

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the terraforming. The sand should have never been used in the mountains. It just doesn't look natural. Also the mountains seem to perfectly follow the glass wall around the map. I know you were trying to hide the outside of the map, but it still doesn't look natural. Also the mountains smoothing is very rough.

Also, those trees look a lot like the ones on this website: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/native-trees-of-europe-template-repository-1779952/ I think we might have a plagiarism issue...

The builds are cool though. They are definitely the high point of your map. They look amazing to be honest. I really like them. Lots of detail and very clever. A+ on these.
OK, first the mountains, as you have said are just there to edge off the map. They don't need to fit in, but it stops the player from looking at the rest of the flat, random world. Second, yes, I used some of those trees from that PMC map on my map. However, it is stated: "I don't want my set uploaded completely or partially" (which we haven't done), and "If you want to use this tree set for your own projects you are welcome to, even though I appreciate credit, it is not mandatory." This means that this is not plagiarism, therefore there is no problem with the trees. Lastly, thanks for the feedback about the builds :). A lot of hard work went into these.

bentomkeke

Steve_The_Spider

Spectator
Reaction score
Wow! this is definitely MCSG quality! but there are a few things you could change, maybe add in some random structures in the flat open areas as they are kinda boring. But yeah, the builds look great

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
Very nice map! The only suggestion i have is changing the mountain blocks.

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Gives me the Chernobyl feel.

codzombies

Spectator
Reaction score
Dayum, looks excellent especially because the screenshots aren't with shaders so I can believe its beauty more. As apposed to the builds, they are nice. terraforming: well suited to the theme: flat grape vine valley, (small hills as well). awesome corn design and death match arena. Also I think It would be great on the servers for the following reasons: easy to navigate; noobs wont get lost making really long games, open area for PvP. And from only two builders!?! that's incredible. good work, keep it up :) one thing I would suggest is adding more screen shots of the town/and interiors. As im not sure of the quality of those.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Gives me the Chernobyl feel.
Thankyou <3 that's because its the same desert biome I could be what you see? or the builds. but thanks anyway!
Wow! this is definitely MCSG quality! but there are a few things you could change, maybe add in some random structures in the flat open areas as they are kinda boring. But yeah, the builds look great
cheers, we are still adding in small builds e.g broken tractor and small resources shed. but thanks for the support!
Very nice map! The only suggestion i have is changing the mountain blocks.
why? If you notice, maps such as avaricia, holiday resort, all have high walls around the outside of the dome. and the wall on avaricia uses the same block variation as ours I think. also thanks for your first comment!
Dayum, looks excellent especially because the screenshots aren't with shaders so I can believe its beauty more. As apposed to the builds, they are nice. terraforming: well suited to the theme: flat grape vine valley, (small hills as well). awesome corn design and death match arena. Also I think It would be great on the servers for the following reasons: easy to navigate; noobs wont get lost making really long games, open area for PvP. And from only two builders!?! that's incredible. good work, keep it up :) one thing I would suggest is adding more screen shots of the town/and interiors. As im not sure of the quality of those.
OK, sure we will soon be adding shots of the interior and town/houses. thanks for such a nice comment too haha <3 also, would you prefer the screenshots with texture pack/shaders/none ? thanks!

LittleRawr_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
thanks for the support! and nice ratio by the way :D also I think the current tiering on the map is pretty good, enough tier two's and plenty of tier one's. although I will have to get back to you after consulting with bentomkeke. thanks a lot again for the awesome comment! :)
But if you do need tier help, or reviewing. Hit me up on skype, sgtsloth1 is my skype.

Nintendonuts

Diamond
Reaction score
The improvement on this map is astonishing. You've really taken the feedback seriously and made this map completely perfect. I would love playing on this map and I can see it being on the servers, you should also apply to get it on other servers because work like this needs to be used. I really appreciate that you actually removed the trees. Water may be annoying to some people and the hardened clay doesn't feel right for the theme, other than that, good luck on getting this in.

the mountains seem to perfectly follow the glass wall around the map. I know you were trying to hide the outside of the map, but it still doesn't look natural.
Valleyside's mountains seemed to follow the edge of the map to, to cover the outside, yet it's still a good map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci