• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forgotten Valley

Should this map be added to the MCSG servers?

• Yes (Let me know what you like)

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • No (Let me know what needs to be changed)

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neondestroyer43

Diamond
Reaction score
Yea I used to wonder that to lol, this weekend I might build, so you can send me a skype request, ritepvp.owner, I might not respond till Friday
Sounds good. I'll have you come on and I'll add you on Skype. I'll msg you later on here in Inbox and give it to you.

SpiffyBobcat

Diamond
Reaction score
I love the theme. The builds are pretty nice. However, I feel it's a little too flat in areas, and the custom trees need lot's of work. It sort of looks like unnatural terrain.
To add on about this, the outside of valley is usually flat, and there is a highway, and roads that contribute to shrink the amount of flat land, but also is good for PvP, and with all the flat land, it's good for PvP

ninjow

Survivor
Reaction score
Looks nice and it looks like it will be fun to play on :D

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To add on about this, the outside of valley is usually flat, and there is a highway, and roads that contribute to shrink the amount of flat land, but also is good for PvP, and with all the flat land, it's good for PvP
That's great, however if it's flat and has grass remember that's not really good for PvP. There is invisible fire, as well as trying to hit people with swords and other weapons, and instead of hitting the enemy you're just hitting the grass. Plus, hill terrains create pretty interesting PvP experiences. Yes there all maps such as Valleyside and SG4 that have some flat land that's great for PvP, however most of that flat land are areas that grass can't grow on, but this is not the case in some areas of your map.

Now I have actually taken a better look at this thread and the screenshots and I have some comments. I feel builds need to be more detailed in areas with the screenshots I will be providing:

This building needs some work. I know it's supposed to be crashed and everything but I'm seeing just a little of one block and not much variation.

Okay now I know this is most of the map, but when I say needs more detailing, I'm not talking about the whole area. In this screenshot, I'm talking about the houses in the bottom left side of the screenshot. They seem very basic and would really need the detailing to make it look a lot better.

Streets could use some work. I also think the wheat farm is a little random along with the barn especially since it's right next to water and close to a beach.

FINAL STATEMENT:
I think you guys are a group of people who have a lot of potential. However, I don't think this will go very far when the Map Committee (or whatever they call it today) judges this. But it definitely is a start! Some of the builds in the areas are just random like when I was just talking about the barn. To end it off, if you guys start building another map I hope you take my advice to add some more detailing and less randomness in areas, as well as custom trees and less flat land than you have now. :)

SpiffyBobcat

Diamond
Reaction score
That's great, however if it's flat and has grass remember that's not really good for PvP. There is invisible fire, as well as trying to hit people with swords and other weapons, and instead of hitting the enemy you're just hitting the grass. Plus, hill terrains create pretty interesting PvP experiences. Yes there all maps such as Valleyside and SG4 that have some flat land that's great for PvP, however most of that flat land are areas that grass can't grow on, but this is not the case in some areas of your map.

Now I have actually taken a better look at this thread and the screenshots and I have some comments. I feel builds need to be more detailed in areas with the screenshots I will be providing:

This building needs some work. I know it's supposed to be crashed and everything but I'm seeing just a little of one block and not much variation.

Okay now I know this is most of the map, but when I say needs more detailing, I'm not talking about the whole area. In this screenshot, I'm talking about the houses in the bottom left side of the screenshot. They seem very basic and would really need the detailing to make it look a lot better.

Streets could use some work. I also think the wheat farm is a little random along with the barn especially since it's right next to water and close to a beach.

FINAL STATEMENT:
I think you guys are a group of people who have a lot of potential. However, I don't think this will go very far when the Map Committee (or whatever they call it today) judges this. But it definitely is a start! Some of the builds in the areas are just random like when I was just talking about the barn. To end it off, if you guys start building another map I hope you take my advice to add some more detailing and less randomness in areas, as well as custom trees and less flat land than you have now. :)
Thanks, and I some terms, I agree with you, but most MCSG maps have flaws, in which I will fix the grass problem, but if you look at the map, there is not that much open flat land, there is different structures in those places. Also, there is much detail inside of the houses in the one screenshot, and it is hard to see because of the distortion of the image. But, thank you so much for your opinion and we will work to fix the flaws :)

SpiffyBobcat

Diamond
Reaction score
Thanks, and I some terms, I agree with you, but most MCSG maps have flaws, in which I will fix the grass problem, but if you look at the map, there is not that much open flat land, there is different structures in those places. Also, there is much detail inside of the houses in the one screenshot, and it is hard to see because of the distortion of the image. But, thank you so much for your opinion and we will work to fix the flaws :)
*in

SpiffyBobcat

Diamond
Reaction score
We are working on taking out all the tall grass, new download link will be up soon, and please keep the comments coming.

JamesBLOCKZ123

Survivor
Reaction score
Really cool map! My only suggestion would be to cut down on the water, maybe add several islands inside of the water, or remove it entirely. If you keep the water, you might want to edges more smooth and add some beaches. Gl! :)

SpiffyBobcat

Diamond
Reaction score
Really cool map! My only suggestion would be to cut down on the water, maybe add several islands inside of the water, or remove it entirely. If you keep the water, you might want to edges more smooth and add some beaches. Gl! :)
Thank you for the ideas, I have never thought of the island ideas, and I'm definitely going add those, thank you so much!

SpiffyBobcat

Diamond
Reaction score
The map looks nice, but it looks like you're aiming for a sort of dystopic/abandoned city look. Aside from vines, there aren't really many things that contribute to the whole abandoned city thing. Not many broken walls/paths, just a whole lot of vines.
I noticed this comment, and only the valley is supposed to have a abandoned theme, the vines at the airfield will be removed, after the new update, the vines grew down, but it is just supposed to be like some leaves growing on it, not abandoned, because only the valley is abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci