• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Experimenting with 48 Tribute survival games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to let you know what we will be adding support for a 48 player version of this game style. Due to the popularity with this I think we will have no problem filling these games. What are your thoughts?

Tyler49er5

Experienced
Reaction score
Love the idea but might need it set up to be an hour and a half

OwngeKing

Tribute
Reaction score
Considering most games fill up in under 10 seconds, I don't think there will be any problems having them filled up. Games will probably end up being quite long, but I'm definetly looking forward to testing the style out ^_^

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
I think that's not a bad idea and maybe also keep some 24 player servers? as I think 48 player servers might be a bit to hectic which some may like and some not?

Would the 48 player servers have more chests to accommodate the more people? or totally edited map (start obviously would need changing)/ new map?

I played at the weekend on your US servers (i'm in the UK) and lag/packet delay seemed to be quite minimal and the news of EU servers is a nice bonus!!

Keep up the good work Chad and team!!

p.s. Maybe include a page on the website outlining staff?? would be nice to see who's involved :eek:)

Tyler49er5

Experienced
Reaction score
p.s. Maybe include a page on the website outlining staff?? would be nice to see who's involved :eek:)
Goto: Home> Love
That kinda outlines it

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes so it does, the funny thing is I looked at that page a few days ago and it totally skipped my mind.

*Hangs head in embarrassment*

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that's not a bad idea and maybe also keep some 24 player servers? as I think 48 player servers might be a bit to hectic which some may like and some not?
Yes, they will be their own servers and we will have the original 24 port games as well. Its just we only can support 1 for each location for now as I cannot afford more servers... o_O

Tyler49er5

Experienced
Reaction score
Its just we only can support 1 for each location for now as I cannot afford more servers... o_O
I know on the We Are Minecraft servers they basicly say how much they need and how long they can aford to host things... I think people would be willing to donate if they knew.

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
Most of the staff (except for chad and nossr) are from the Minecraft mondays server, just helping him out.

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
Its just we only can support 1 for each location for now as I cannot afford more servers... o_O
Could you not just change 1 or 2 of each regions current servers into a 48 player server? You have all ready provided more then enough to people (20 servers?)!!

I know you have never asked for donations and have always said it will be free to play but maybe place a donate button on the main page (top right)? as its a little hidden away on the "love" page which wont get as much traffic.

Totally understand if that's not the way you want to go but to be honest I don't see any harm in it and would still be optional.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well NinjaShrimp and Tyler49er5, I don't want to be another server that plasters DONATE NOW buttons everywhere or puts ads on the sites (BTW, you will never see an ad on these sites unless its a credit for donating help for the server). We might add some ways to sponsor yourselves in game for a donation + make donation reserved slots to have you all more likely get a chance to log in as you are helping them sponsoring them. This might be a very low monthly but anything little helps out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci