• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Corruption in staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerosGames

Platinum
Reaction score
Like you said, there will always be corruption, no matter what it is. Power is a strange thing, it can change many people, you just have to make sure you give it to the right people. Personally, I haven't noticed corruption, well, at least not enough to make me post a thread but Your argument it extremely valid.

-Neros :3

RelentlessForce

Diamond
Reaction score
As a very active member of the AU Community, I can honestly say I see nothing wrong with how the AU staff team act/do their job. I personally speak to them a daily basis and can honestly tell you they do work hard and do their job.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
people take this game like its their life so when they die to a hacker or something and mods don't ban them or act they rage and rage. I used to rage and hate staff but i've calmed down now even with my stats I don't care if I die.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have never seen corruption from any AU staff, but I will say that AU is an extremely competitive region and corruption could occur because of this.

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally do believe the Administration and Senior Staff team are corrupt, for example I know that LadyOfLove was given trial senior mod without the knowledge of 2 or 3 admins, when all admins are supposed to have a say in the matter.

I also don't like how people who express their negative opinion of MCGamer often get banned when they never offended one member of staff and they were expressing their freedom of speech.

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
As a staff member - and I am not saying this in a biased way - I have never seen corruption from the staff. The only reason people think this way is because of various incidents that have swayed the public opinion of the staff throughout the community. I also want to add in that the staff is human and does make mistakes, as we all do.
You are staff - It's your job to say they aren't corrupt. As cool as I think you are, I think your point here is wrong. But it is your personal experience and opinions. But there's a difference between corruption and mistakes. Making mistakes isn't on purpose. Corruption, depending on the situation depends on the kind of corruption. In this case, it's the staff. The abusing power, the taking sides, the gossiping, the ignorance etc.

The taking sides and abusing power can combine into one category. The staff, mainly AU, always take sides and ignore their friends misbehaves. I'm not going to lie, I did do that a few times and I know for a fact that every staff member has. Like you'll say, everyone will say "no I haven't I'm good boy/girl don't spank me" or something.. But I'm sorry it happens. Moderator's friends can be abusing people and the mod can just pretend to be AFK, or log out as soon as they start so they don't have to ban them. And when players bring moderators into situations.. They choose they choose the wrong mod. Because that mod is friends with the person being accused. No matter how valid your point is, the mod will not do anything because they don't want to ban or kick their friend. I know for a fact, that all staff members have done that, I'm going to admit. I've done all of that. Not all the time, I knew that was wrong... I did it not very often.

Staff are also very abusive - well some of them are. But I know all of them have talked about each other behind their backs. And It's terrible.. And I did it too. But they would abuse PLAYERS on the TeamSpeak.. Not in game, on the teamspeak. They would do it on Skype, and on other teamspeaks. It's really bad.. but it's gotten SO MUCH WORSE. Since I quit.. And it was really bad when I was mod... It gets worse and worse. I also did that.

The corruption isn't just in the Mods.. It's in the Sr Staff too. When I was mod I think I was in a Mod Meeting.. No this was not confidential, I don't think, edit it out if it is. But I heard one of the ADMINS say "If we don't like you, you're gone. We don't care how good of a mod you are, you're gone" Yes, I know, it sounds like BS. But it's not, I heard it. It happened. And that's the way it is.

I'm sorry, but that's the way it is now, and that's the way it's going to be.
We can't do anything but help fix it by reports and such.

I was admitting to my corruption so I wasn't making it look like everyone was corrupt and I was perfect. I was far from it.
It's hard to bring out the good mods have done than the bad though, because the bad is so much more obvious than the good.

Last edited:
T

TinyTiger_

I haven't seen any corruption. Also on a side note, a lot players forget that moderators are players just like them. People can be very mean to moderators just because they think of us as the, "police" of the server. I am not singling you out as a player or hate you if I give you a consequence, I'm just doing my job that I swore I would do when I accepted the position as a moderator.

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
I haven't seen any corruption. Also on a side note, a lot players forget that moderators are players just like them. People can be very mean to moderators just because they think of us as the, "police" of the server. I am not singling you out as a player or hate you if I give you a consequence, I'm just doing my job that I swore I would do when I accepted the position as a moderator.
You are staff - It's your job to say they aren't corrupt. As cool as I think you are, I think your point here is wrong. But it is your personal experience and opinions. But there's a difference between corruption and mistakes. Making mistakes isn't on purpose. Corruption, depending on the situation depends on the kind of corruption. In this case, it's the staff. The abusing power, the taking sides, the gossiping, the ignorance etc.

The taking sides and abusing power can combine into one category. The staff, mainly AU, always take sides and ignore their friends misbehaves. I'm not going to lie, I did do that a few times and I know for a fact that every staff member has. Like you'll say, everyone will say "no I haven't I'm good boy/girl don't spank me" or something.. But I'm sorry it happens. Moderator's friends can be abusing people and the mod can just pretend to be AFK, or log out as soon as they start so they don't have to ban them. And when players bring moderators into situations.. They choose they choose the wrong mod. Because that mod is friends with the person being accused. No matter how valid your point is, the mod will not do anything because they don't want to ban or kick their friend. I know for a fact, that all staff members have done that, I'm going to admit. I've done all of that. Not all the time, I knew that was wrong... I did it not very often.

Staff are also very abusive - well some of them are. But I know all of them have talked about each other behind their backs. And It's terrible.. And I did it too. But they would abuse PLAYERS on the TeamSpeak.. Not in game, on the teamspeak. They would do it on Skype, and on other teamspeaks. It's really bad.. but it's gotten SO MUCH WORSE. Since I quit.. And it was really bad when I was mod... It gets worse and worse. I also did that.

The corruption isn't just in the Mods.. It's in the Sr Staff too. When I was mod I think I was in a Mod Meeting.. No this was not confidential, I don't think, edit it out if it is. But I heard one of the ADMINS say "If we don't like you, you're gone. We don't care how good of a mod you are, you're gone" Yes, I know, it sounds like BS. But it's not, I heard it. It happened. And that's the way it is.

I'm sorry, but that's the way it is now, and that's the way it's going to be.
We can't do anything but help fix it by reports and such.

I was admitting to my corruption so I wasn't making it look like everyone was corrupt and I was perfect. I was far from it.
It's hard to bring out the good mods have done than the bad though, because the bad is so much more obvious than the good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci