• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawk

Diamond
Reaction score
If you don't understand, here's why I'd be annoyed.

I've worked my way up onto the leaderboard for over a year, and I plan on still rising in the leaderboard. To have my efforts stomped on and be permanent rank #20, no thanks.
I got your point but i still think MCGamer needs something fresh, peace :)

Kieee

Diamond
Reaction score
People have worked hard to get those wins to throw them down the drain just like that isn't fair abunch of people will tryhard to get first on the leaderboard so doing this will mcsg and abunch of people will click Delete on mcsg don't do it

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
You have worked hard to get to #20 and that's really awesome! With the new system you would always be #20 and known as one of the best. You said that you want to climb higher and if you are still working just as hard then it should be more competitive and challenging to do it with new leaderboards. Either way my decision isn't the one that decides so we will just have to see how the votes go. :)
Everyone's argument is that there will be legacy leaderboards. The top ranked players argument is the fact they don't want a legacy leaderboard as they're improving their ranks, and working hard to do so. I don't want to be known as #20 forever when I can work harder and let's just say, be known for being #10.

I don't play as much now-a-days and I'll be no where near most likely top #100. The amount of teamers and hackers are ridiculous which will skew the leaderboards too. People will be desperate and actually team with hackers to boost their stats. I say a big no to this.

Honestly, if it changes then I most likely will quit MCSG.

BigBezz

Tribute
Reaction score
Xlukaa wants both your old and new stats on /stats, and I too belibe that is a great idea xD

Edit: he will not be quitting if you do this I think xD... people work hard for these stats, and I think that many people will leave if they are reset... also, please do not remove the stats reset you can buy, as this will make me very sad...;-;

Reaction score
I voted no;

I voted this as myself and other highly ranked players have spent a couple of years to get to the spot where we are today were we are today and most of these highly ranked players including myself are still going for better ranks.

The legacy leaderboard does make me second guess my opinion but as I said before me and many other highly ranked players are still going for better ranks however I do understand the point of view of someone that just started within the past couple months and how unlikely for them it'll be for them to even get anywhere near the top 100 but it still is possible.

If the leaderboards were to reset the excessive amount of hackers and win boosters going for the top spots will again crush these new players hopes of getting these high ranks, the highly ranked players of now will also have an extremely hard time getting anywhere the top ranks.

If the leaderboards reset which looking at the in-game poll looks likely happens, at least give the highly ranked players some recognition in-game, you may think I sound greedy but the amount of time myself and many other highly ranked players have spent playing to get a top rank in my opinion is worthy of a special top 25, top 100 or even top 1000 rank.

I'm going to end off this opinionated text with a saying; 'You don't get anywhere unless you try'
so why should these hackers and new players get top leaderboard spots if they were to reset with not a lot of dedication and effort compared to the top players who have 2 or so years getting their ranks?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci