• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It would be a tad bit difficult to moderate, but that would be a challenge we would cross once we actually look into this more.
Well now we have the rule where if you have a temp ban from a year or more ago then you can apply for moderator, so you should hope to get more moderators.

Plus, the talk about new moderators leads me to another discussion. Interviews. In the past couple of months I have seen at least 10 people get interviewed out of the maybe 50 waiting. Most interviews are usually done when there are Trial Sr.Mods, and this isn't fair because the people who get accepted for Interviews later on don't get their interview as quicker as they should.

Soooooo yea...

TL;DR ? This would be possible with more mods and the only way to have more mods is by having more interviews.

Reaction score
What if we have a limit towards teaming up to 3 or somethin and then exceptions for clan battles and scrims, and mabye a mute deathmatch where you can't say anything til someone wins (cause really NO ONE likes being teamed on in deathmatch) but then people would do the blocky thingy with their sword and then the mute would be pointless and on on on on on again..

E

Ephiza

What if we have a limit towards teaming up to 3 or somethin and then exceptions for clan battles and scrims, and mabye a mute deathmatch where you can't say anything til someone wins (cause really NO ONE likes being teamed on in deathmatch) but then people would do the blocky thingy with their sword and then the mute would be pointless and on on on on on again..
Well, if some randy desides. "I'm gonna go into a team of 6 today!", then he could just say "it was a scrim" and the other clan was mixed up and not together

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a downer, but I feel like this changes the survival games too much. Teaming has always been a part of sg, and I think fighting teams should continue to be a part of sg. If this were to happen I think it should be in a different game mode, the whole point of teaming is to be able to outnumber people. On the teaming servers since pretty much everyone will be teamed they would make even bigger teams to outnumber other teams, which will cause like 8v6s and stuff. I think people should just learn to deal with the teams, it's always been a part of sg and it should stay a part of sg.

E

Ephiza

I'm not trying to be a downer, but I feel like this changes the survival games too much. Teaming has always been a part of sg, and I think fighting teams should continue to be a part of sg. If this were to happen I think it should be in a different game mode, the whole point of teaming is to be able to outnumber people. On the teaming servers since pretty much everyone will be teamed they would make even bigger teams to outnumber other teams, which will cause like 8v6s and stuff. I think people should just learn to deal with the teams, it's always been a part of sg and it should stay a part of sg.
So, what you're saying, is that anyone that wants to tryhard for wins solo, shouldn't be allowed, because teaming is a "part of the game". Sorry, but I doubt in 2012, there where constant tryharding teams of 4.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
So, what you're saying, is that anyone that wants to tryhard for wins solo, shouldn't be allowed, because teaming is a "part of the game". Sorry, but I doubt in 2012, there where constant tryharding teams of 4.
I'm saying if there is a solo game, it should be in a different leaderboard or something, also fighting teams gives great improvements, and I can tryhard solo and win games easily.

E

Ephiza

I'm saying if there is a solo game, it should be in a different leaderboard or something, also fighting teams gives great improvements, and I can tryhard solo and win games easily.
OH OK. That makes sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding :p. Tbh now that I think about it if there are solo servers, having separate leaderboards would be a good idea.

TheOneHarry

Survivor
Reaction score
I would suggest making server for Solo game play rather than servers teaming specifically, because it would be easier to moderate.

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
Only 100+ ffa servers? That's kinda funny to me (don't argue) since there's so many players on the network and new ones joining every day. But I think this is a good idea and would make the game more fun. But The nexus does an idea similar to an idea chad said: "to Steve + masking their usernames for an extreme example" by having everyone named the same name as you, and having the same skin.

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol what you said is sort of what I was meaning. Yes teaming has been around forever. I have been around since beta, so I know how long they have been around, but back in the day, it was teams of bad players for the most part teaming, which isn't really a problem for a good player to kill. Now a days, you still have the teams of players who are less skilled, but I run into teams of 2-5 of players who have over 1000 wins each. That becomes frustrating and it really wasn't something that happened too often back in the day. As you said, its because the amount of great players has increased so much in the past year.

Why I say it is and "issue" is because it seems like playing solo is becoming more and more difficult to do with the amount of good players teaming in the servers. It is very frustrating to get teamed on by skilled players every game. I know it is a part of the game, and is in no way illegal, but with this huge increase in teaming lately, especially skype and teamspeak teaming, it makes it to where players have to team in games, just to have a chance of winning.

It's like when I join a server and I KNOW that there is 3 really good players teaming together. I typically am gonna have to either 1. Find a team myself (but I don't want to because I want to play solo) or 2. Just leave the game. Those are really your only option in those situations. You can stay and play in the game, but you're odds are extremely slim in those situations.
I see what you mean now, I guess I took how you said it was an 'issue' differently than intended. I guess I don't see it as such a big issue because I've grown accustomed to the fact that teams will always be within my game, regardless if they're good players or not. It does make going solo much more difficult, but they're using a viable tactic to increase their odds of winning, so I really got no good reason to argue against that. Anywho, you've cleared up what you meant in your original post, and that is something that could be brought into consideration.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci