• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
lol a bit extreme don't you think? Teaming is allowed on our servers right now as it is, so if this was a thing that happened, wouldn't it already be happening? :O Besides, if it's a clan war, its gonna be a team of clanmates, I'm sure they can handle that lol.

If anything, they need to make less server FFA. Having like 40+ like people are suggesting would just be too much to moderate. I'd say like 10-15 max really.
Yea, that was a bit of extreme number xD I would say 15 servers /each region too...

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I do like the idea for this, but as it is being discussed right now, wouldn't it be difficult for moderation towards the game? For example, what if there are any people who use hacked clients or cheat, with the name-tags invisible, it would be difficult for people to actually find the individual who is hacking. Unless there is some sort of resolution where there could be something where people can be automatically kicked for suspicious movement. Or that moderators will have access to see anyone's names in-game while spectating. But I would not recommend it having the FFA within the 100+ servers. Because it would be far too difficult, otherwise I would love to see this happen for those who are willing to practice Hunger games alone.

Reaction score
I do like the idea for this, but as it is being discussed right now, wouldn't it be difficult for moderation towards the game? For example, what if there are any people who use hacked clients or cheat, with the name-tags invisible, it would be difficult for people to actually find the individual who is hacking. Unless there is some sort of resolution where there could be something where people can be automatically kicked for suspicious movement. Or that moderators will have access to see anyone's names in-game while spectating. But I would not recommend it having the FFA within the 100+ servers. Because it would be far too difficult, otherwise I would love to see this happen for those who are willing to practice Hunger games alone.
I don't really think they were going to do that idea anyways, it's pretty hard, and not worth the coding. Some idea without plugins and coding and stuff would be much easier, and let's say only 15-20 players for FFA. Not 100 :p

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
lol a bit extreme don't you think? Teaming is allowed on our servers right now as it is, so if this was a thing that happened, wouldn't it already be happening? :O Besides, if it's a clan war, its gonna be a team of clanmates, I'm sure they can handle that lol.

If anything, they need to make less server FFA. Having like 40+ like people are suggesting would just be too much to moderate. I'd say like 10-15 max really.

I honestly don't see how it is more or less difficult to moderate these servers than any other one. It works the same way as a poke over a hacker lol. You get a poke, record 2 people teaming on the server, then ban, simple. Sure I mean this teaming on solo servers will probably happen a lot, but thats where you guys have to make it difficult for people to do this, and make the punishment for breaking it severe enough to where ppl won't wanna risk it. Of course, no matter how much you try, people will team anyways, just like people would hack even if it was first offense being perma ban, but making it difficult to team, such as the all steve and no name tags above their heads would help.

The only issue with the no name tag thing above your head, is that it would make it difficult to report these people. Not sure how that would work out. Hard to report someone who you don't know their names. Unless you make it to where when you are a spec, you can see their true names?
We have way to much work catching hackers and their are our main priority, I really do not want to catch some 2 users teaming in a non-team server when I can ban the real problem on the srever, in this case hackers and as benholl98 said teaming is a part of a game because minecraft survival games are based on a movie. If you ever become a moderator you will have a feeling that hackers are the one who ruin the game the most, not the teamers. Its not about winning, its about having a fair and fun game, and teaming is completely fair to me. I guess you just need to find a right strategy for yourself. :)
This is just mine opinion, everyone can have theirs and I completely understand that, it may be better for you but not for everyone.

Zauron

Survivor
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, would it be possible to make the mods actually see the players? Like they would see everyone's skin and name, and not just "Steve."

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Ive been waiting for this! I mostly play solo (i dont like teaming) so its hard for me to win a game since there are so many teamers.

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
Being an EU staff member, I already catch/get pokes about enough hackers. I don't want to be called to a server where people are teaming when they shouldn't be. It would be a menial issue in comparison. Maybe in the future, but certainly not now. Don't get me wrong, I dislike being teamed on when playing solo, I was try harded by a 4 team a few hours ago, but from my view point as a staff member I have to disagree.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, this debate really got started! I been reading all of your comments and will later start replying to some that stood out to me. Thank you everyone for your feedback and opinions with this.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd quite enjoy if half the server had their name's switched, so people would team with someone who'd backstab them.

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
After reading all the comments I think the best solution is to start with 10-20 ffa servers and see how it goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci