• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Discussion: Should Ex-Hackers be Considered for Mod?

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
I love statistics. So I've inventoried all responses up to PandaDoesPvPxD's reply into charts. Here are some preliminary results of this discussion.

As you can see most people are in favor of ex-hackers to be able to apply for moderator. Though, most of them think they shouldn't be able to apply unconditionally. Many people who have responded also suggested additional requirements for applying.

Most of the people who are in favor of hiring ex-hackers suggest that the ex-hacker should go through a separate application process, like the one for an age exception, before the ex-hacker would be able to apply.

Another large group of people suggest a certain amount of time should have passed before the ex-hacker should be allowed to apply. The suggested amount of time varies from person to person.

Other users have suggested a combination of these measures or something else entirely. Like:
Ooh, Pie charts. This just got serious xD

R

roguehh

I think it is interesting to see how forgiving this community appears to be towards hackers. Even though I'm in the minority of people who don't support ex-hackers being able to apply, it's nice to see that people are standing up for them and bringing valid points into the discussion.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I personally believe that ex hackers are a major risk to the staff team as some people believe in the phrase once a hacker always a hacker. I personally feel that the ex hackers must go through a 6-12 month period with no infractions whatsoever and after that they must then go through the same selection process as everyone else however they should have much harsher conditions set on them. They must show that they are mature and responsible on the forums, teamspeak and ingame to show that they are actually trying to make up for their wrongdoings.

swiitchbackz

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes I believe that the staff should consider this. I also think the staff shouldn't really care about your bans on other servers as well

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
I'd have to say no. Going onto servers and hacking is a serious action. I don't really think it's fair that someone would carry this out and not long after be disappointed in the fact that they can't apply for a staff position. I never really have the patience to write long posts, but for this that's probably what I'll end up doing. Let me log onto my computer so I don't have to endure this on my phone. xD

EDIT: swiitchbackz I'm not entirely certain, but I think unless the ban is on this server they dont care as much.

Last edited:

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
It might sound weird but i hacked on accident once. I downloaded xray for my singleplayer world but i accidentely pressed the r key while playing sg. So i got banned for a week. It happenes a year ago and i wont be able to apply for mod now because of that

swiitchbackz

Diamond
Reaction score
I have something to tell all of you:
I'm a hacker, and I'm proud of it! From day 1, I've been hacking at other tributes with my ax and swords, never giving up.

*Notice* Just for my safety, I have to put it out there that I don't actually "hack" as defined in this thread. :p
Scared me for a second...

Reaction score
I would believe no, because if they hacked that was their own fault and they should have their privileges taken away to become mod. Mainly I'm saying this because hackers broke the #1 rule in most minecraft servers and should be punished.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
If people that were banned before apply, they should give a chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci