• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cloudy With a Chance of Survival

Would this map be a welcome addition to the MCSG?

• Yeah! Let's DO THIS.

Votes: 269 80.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 66 19.7%

• Total voters

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I honestly don't like this map. While it is well made, it's like some kind of joke. This doesn't at all capture the feeling of MCSG, and I would honestly hate having to play on this map. Brilliantly made, but just not the right choice for an MCSG map.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
I honestly don't like this map. While it is well made, it's like some kind of joke. This doesn't at all capture the feeling of MCSG, and I would honestly hate having to play on this map. Brilliantly made, but just not the right choice for an MCSG map.
That's alright, you're probably not the only one who feels that way. However, you are the first one to phrase it in that particular fashion, and I do appreciate it.
Oh, I apologize.
No sweat! I just wanted to let you know. :)

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
While I completely accept your opinion, I would like to state that we have had some pretty odd maps in the past. I mean, sometimes, lot of maps don't make sense. Correct me if im wrong, but i believe that MCSG is based on the Hunger Games book by Suzanne Collins. Proof in this would include in D-match when it says "Now, now, President Snow doesn't like it when tributes run."
All these "maps" in the survival games trilogy were just large regions of nothingness. So, maps like Sg1, Sg3, and possibly even Breeze Island are what MCSG is supposed to be. But look, we have city maps, western settler maps, university schools, resort getaways among many others. So, i guess MCSG is just loosely based on the Hunger Games. We can have maps like this, its unique, unlike all those city remakes of each other. Nice Pvp unlike Sg 2, not much water unlike the overplayed Breeze island and, when have you ever seen a map completely made out of digital food?

Though your opinion is completely valid and i support your personal choices, i wrote this to attempt to convince you that Cloudy with a Chance of Survival is indeed a good map that i believe would be warmly welcomed into the MCSG family. Not starting flame wars or anything, just a statement.

um, tanks for yur time i gess, c u latr!!
:) :) :)

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with @TheAmberTheif on this one, MCSG doesn't have that hunger games feel anymore. One of our most popular maps is a freaking VACATION GETAWAY!! While I respect your opinion, I feel that the map should provide interesting gameplay and be fun to play in general if added.

Jo5h

Survivor
Reaction score
I love getting on here everyday and seeing the votes go up and up and up!!!!! :D

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
I love getting on here everyday and seeing the votes go up and up and up!!!!! :D
I know, this thread has only been active for two weeks now. AND ALMOST 70 VOTES? Holy cow, 4 times as many people support it as those that oppose.

Reaction score
I personally don't think it is the best looking map I have seen (in terms of prettiness) but it does look like a bit of fun and the map doesn't seem to take itself too seriously so I think it would be enjoyable to play on. You guy seem nice so the best of luck with this map. :)

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that someone should make a texture pack for this map! It would make it 10x better and more foodlishous! I could give it a try if you want. I'd be doing things like retexturing ice to look more jello-y (that a word?) etc.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
U got diamond donor Moose!!!!! YAY!!!!

Anyways, i will miss you soooo much Poke. Anything you need, just ask me. <3 It soo sad that you wont get the fame you deserve when everyone starts loving this map!!!!

If TeamAllBlockedUp ever needs a new member, im 100% sure me and Moose here will server as good members. If not, i will stay as a supporter!!! Luv yu all!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci