• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bows seems underpowered... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
At full power, bows do 5 hearts of damage (with no armor). This makes armor crucial, and if they upgraded it, people without armor would be dying in one hit or so. If they upgraded it, there would be archery battles instead of sword battles, which I think there should be a lot of. I believe the current damage is fine, but that's just my opinion.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I've seen a bow plugin where when you left click while holding the bow, it changes it's kind. There is Razor which i think just makes the arrow do a bit more damage, piercing which if the arrow hits the target dies, lightning which strikes lighting at the thing it hits, net which makes a 3x3 cobwebs thing, poison/slow which drops that kind of potion at the spot and lots more. I think we could add something like this, because you can also edit the plugin permission so that players cant use any of the ones except the ones that make sense (piercing would be cheap, the others are stupid and razor i think would be good though). This way you can switch from normal arrows, to slightly more damage.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
I've seen a bow plugin where when you left click while holding the bow, it changes it's kind. There is Razor which i think just makes the arrow do a bit more damage, piercing which if the arrow hits the target dies, lightning which strikes lighting at the thing it hits, net which makes a 3x3 cobwebs thing, poison/slow which drops that kind of potion at the spot and lots more. I think we could add something like this, because you can also edit the plugin permission so that players cant use any of the ones except the ones that make sense (piercing would be cheap, the others are stupid and razor i think would be good though). This way you can switch from normal arrows, to slightly more damage.
No....no lightning arrows...no poison arrows.. just, 'no.' Keep it simple.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I was saying that we wouldn't use those. Just the ones necessary, meaning only the Razor one (from what i know, but this might be some other super annoying arrow)

BigMo4Sho2012

Tribute
Reaction score
Honestly, razor and poison would be good arrows to add. As long as the ammunition for those arrows are slightly less common that regular arrows.

ZomBry

Survivor
Reaction score
Bows are fun overall especially if you go bow vs. bow in death match, I won one of my games this way. Generally whoever shoots first gets an advantage in a bow vs. bow fight. Fire arrows would be nice as long as it doesn't last for 10 seconds as you can't really shoot anyone when your on fire.

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
I won a few deathmatches with just a bow and fishing rod...
It's just a matter of how laggy the server is and learning how to lead shots
You just have to use the range to your advantage, and kite them as much as you can if they get too close.
But really you shouldn't be using it throughout an entire fight, it just gives you some free damage before switching to a sword which is a must if they're better equipped than you are.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I won a few deathmatches with just a bow and fishing rod...
It's just a matter of how laggy the server is and learning how to lead shots
You just have to use the range to your advantage, and kite them as much as you can if they get too close.
But really you shouldn't be using it throughout an entire fight, it just gives you some free damage before switching to a sword which is a must if they're better equipped than you are.
No.. it's actually a matter of how bad the other player is. I'm surprised the 2nd last tribute in your game lasted long enough to be in deathmatch. Who dies to a fishing rod/pure bow?

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
No.. it's actually a matter of how bad the other player is. I'm surprised the 2nd last tribute in your game lasted long enough to be in deathmatch. Who dies to a fishing rod/pure bow?
Someone who is unlucky and spawns on the opposite end?
It's like losing to an stone/iron sword when you have diamond. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. Doesn't mean they're bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci