• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bows seems underpowered... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
That would go against the laws of Physcis (yes Minecraft does that alot already but none the less), an arrow shot from further away would be less likely to hit its target and would be travelling at a slightly less speed, meaning it will definately do less damage... Charging your bow to the max already adds a little extra power to your shot, so i'm not sure about damage over distance.
Personally the bow would be primarily a defensive weapon, as it would deter stronger players from chasing me if they know i'm a good shot and can deal decent damage before they close in on me. I'm not that confident a hunter to wander through trees to the corn to snipe people, i'm much more a run away and live kind of guy ^_^

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I meant it more as a "range bonus" to encourage ranged shots

Hamhams110

Tribute
Reaction score
Maybe super secret enchantment tables?
I usually rack up 7 levels of experience by the final 4, I dont mean super enchanters but just normal enchanters with no books around them.

FletchMaster26

Tribute
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that bows are overpowered. Consider this:
-Diamond sword, best melee weapon, does 3.5 hearts of damage (x1.5 if critical hit).
-Bow, fully charged does 4.5 hearts of damage and is ranged.

Some people just can't aim with the bow as well, and if you need arrows, you could just kill some skeletons.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
By the time there are under 6 people left, I already have 30~ arrows to my bow. But I also have a diamond sword by then. I'd be more tempted to use my Bow if it was more powerful. Buff it!

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
Actually i dont mind if enchantment tables are not as rare. Since you need experience to enchant.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that bows are overpowered. Consider this:
-Diamond sword, best melee weapon, does 3.5 hearts of damage (x1.5 if critical hit).
-Bow, fully charged does 4.5 hearts of damage and is ranged.

Some people just can't aim with the bow as well, and if you need arrows, you could just kill some skeletons.
So you first say that they aren't overpowered, then go on to state facts that suggest they are? what do you mean?
And i'm not totally convinced by those figures... Surely a diamond sword would be more powerful because its harder to get (in SG and vanilla MC)...

B

bigmike4life

Well it kinda sucks because if the bows were anymore powerful it would be a huge disadvantage to other players who are legit because there are so many using aimbots.

FletchMaster26

Tribute
Reaction score
So you first say that they aren't overpowered, then go on to state facts that suggest they are? what do you mean?
And i'm not totally convinced by those figures... Surely a diamond sword would be more powerful because its harder to get (in SG and vanilla MC)...
I'm sorry, I totally goofed up the first part, what I meant to say is that aren't underpowered, and maybe it's just that some people aren't as good with them.

And here's the wiki link showing how much damage minecraft's weapons do, with the bow actually doing 5 hearts of damage to the diamond sword's 3.5 (although it says that a critical hit with a wood sword does 4 hearts of damage and a critical hit with a diamond sword does 9.5 hearts of damage... ouch.)

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Weapons#Dealing_damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci