• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qxerft

Diamond
Reaction score
Lol keeping up with this thread is like a full time job. I leave for 10 minutes and miss like 5 pages of posts xD.

The same things just keep getting repeated over and over here tho. people really need to read some of these posts because a lot of what people are saying.. has already been answered.
Honestly this is the only true post on this thread I have seen on it yet xD

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't know how many times we have to explain this....

This system has a 100% success rate due to the author sending a flag that tells the server that it's installed. We can pretty much officially say that false bans for BSM stops with this detector.
Yes, but you accused all of the people disagreeing with you on this thread of using BSM. I haven't been banned for it because I don't use it, so please don't call me, or anyone else a hacker as you're breaking your own rules.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score

This system has a 100% success rate due to the author sending a flag that tells the server that it's installed. We can pretty much officially say that false bans for BSM stops with this detector.

Once we are full 1.7, this issue will not be the case when everything is updated.

We just ran a query of the exact number of people being effected by this: 1,471 out of 81,220 use BSM over the past 24 hours have been auto banned due to BSM being installed. That is 2% of the players effected by this change and how many users had BSM installed. Numbers don't lie people....
I'd also like to request the those of you who are logging in 15+ times with BSM to kindly turn over your BSM to the next dumpster. Thank you.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes, but you accused all of the people disagreeing with you on this thread of using BSM. I haven't been banned for it because I don't use it, so please don't call me, or anyone else a hacker as you're breaking your own rules.
It's not against the rules to accuse people of hacking, you clearly haven't examined the rules. It's only ever stated as a rule for the survival server, this is not the survival server.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Truth be told, a lot of this anger and frustration will be obsolete in a few weeks once 1.7 becomes the new norm, an d 1.6 with its awkward sprint becomes unsupported. Once everyone jumps on the 1.7.2 bandwagon, including Optifine and the rest, the sprint functions everyone wants will be standard. No more needing a modded client to get a sprint that we want, and there won't be the unintended consequences and unfair advantages that mark BSM as a means to cheat.

But I think in all the negativity surrounding the arguments rationalizing BSM use and the frustrations of 1.6 VS 1.7, we lose sight of what the new BSM-removal feature gives us: a more level playing field for MCSG that allows games to be more competitive and fair for the players. Once everyone's onboard with 1.7 and we don't have to deal with 1.6, we'll have a large and popular mod that conferred an advantage against vanilla 1.7; yet we get to keep the easy-sprinting of 1.7 to boot.

We're getting rid of a major means of cheating that grants players some unfair abilities over vanilla players (i.e. the majority of the playerbase). And we're doing so in a way that is completely automated, very forgiving (kicks instead of bans), and guarantees removal with little/no chance of false positives. This is a system we've only dreamed about before, yet we made it reality.

Players are happy because they don't have to worry about unfair games or players with hacks.
The staff is happy because a large section of their anti-hacks workload is automated with 100% success, so they can focus on other tasks (or other hacks).
The community should be happy because we provided both of the above, in addition to successfully reinforcing our anti-BSM stance which we've stood by since the very beginning.

Whether you support BSM or support the new system, I think that this update will be an overwhelming success because it accomplishes ideas that we've always striven for.
We just need to get through the awkward transition between 1.6 to 1.7 to finally get over the negativity and feel the effects.

Reaction score

Once we are full 1.7, this issue will not be the case when everything is updated.

We just ran a query of the exact number of people being effected by this: 1,471 out of 81,220 players over the past 24 hours have been auto banned due to BSM being installed. That is 2% of the players effected by this change and how many users had BSM. Numbers don't lie people....
Okay, well your 'perfect' system ain't to perfect now. I received one of these bans, and I DONT use BSM. Just because I am Pro-BSM doesn't mean I actually use it.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score

Mykul_

Diamond
Reaction score
An accusation is an accusation, be it public or not.
Accusing someone on the mcsg forums/servers/teamspeak etc. is considered against the rules. In most cases, evidence is gathered, checked and then the ban/kick is made.
It's not against the rules to accuse people of hacking, you clearly haven't examined the rules. It's only ever stated as a rule for the survival server, this is not the survival server.
So I could simply accuse you of hacking and that's okay?

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
Accusing someone on the mcsg forums/servers/teamspeak etc. is considered against the rules. In most cases, evidence is gathered, checked and then the ban/kick is made.

So I could simply accuse you of hacking and that's okay?
Yes, you can. However; you're not allowed to harass me or abuse me.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci