• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mykul_

Diamond
Reaction score
Not really the case. Because of the people who used BSM are mad they cannot log in, they are taking their anger on the forums making it look like there is a lot of people that support this game mod. Out of the 80+ thousand people, I am sure the majority will not support hacking/cheating.
Just because someone is supporting a cause which you don't, doesn't automatically make that person mad or angry.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Not really the case. Because of the people who used BSM are mad they cannot log in, they are taking their anger on the forums making it look like there is a lot of people that support this game mod.
Isn't accusing people of hacking against the rules?
Just because people disagree with BSM not being allowed doesn't mean they use it.

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
I was using him as an example to prove a point, you can still play on 1.6 and climb the leaderboards, you're honestly making no sense.
1.7 user with the same skill level vs a 1.6 user with the same skill level Who do you think will win ?

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
Just because people disagree with BSM not being allowed doesn't mean they use it.
If accusing people of hacking were against the rules then all the mods would be banned because they tried to gather evidence of someone hacking which in itself is an accusation.

Papqx

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree that it's going to be frustrating for those who can't play without Optifine and are forced to play in 1.6.4 without the new sprinting, as I myself face this issue. However, we're just going to have to suck it up for now as Optifine will be released soon along with more 1.7 stability. Honestly, it isn't that bad playing without the sprinting feature anyways....

Mykul_

Diamond
Reaction score
If accusing people of hacking were against the rules then all the mods would be banned because they tried to gather evidence of someone hacking which in itself is an accusation.
In most cases a moderator would not come out and call someone a hacker unless they had solid proof they were doing something against the rules. This was a different situation to that.

qxerft

Diamond
Reaction score
This is true because what chad replied to was me and I would never think of using this "hack"

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol keeping up with this thread is like a full time job. I leave for 10 minutes and miss like 5 pages of posts xD.

The same things just keep getting repeated over and over here tho. people really need to read some of these posts because a lot of what people are saying.. has already been answered.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
In most cases a moderator would not come out and call someone a hacker unless they had solid proof they were doing something against the rules. This was a different situation to that.
An accusation is an accusation, be it public or not.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how many times we have to explain this....

This system has a 100% success rate due to the author sending a flag that tells the server that it's installed. We can pretty much officially say that false bans for BSM stops with this detector.

1.7 user with the same skill level vs a 1.6 user with the same skill level Who do you think will win ?
Once we are full 1.7, this issue will not be the case when everything is updated.

We just ran a query of the exact number of people being effected by this: 1,471 out of 81,220 players over the past 24 hours have been auto banned due to BSM being installed. That is 2% of the players effected by this change and how many users had BSM. Numbers don't lie people....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci