• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bermuda Triangle Survival Games Map 20% Done [IN PROGRESS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TadpolePvP

Diamond
Reaction score
Bermuda Triangle
Hello everyone I am TadpolePvP and I have been recently working on a map with YuenglingsMC and others and we are trying our best to make it ''MCSG worthy''.

I present to you, Bermuda Triangle!
Spawn -

Inside crashed plane at spawn -

The Great Isaac Lighthouse -

Pine trees next to The Great Isaac Lighthouse -

Beach near spawn -

Shipwreck near Waterfall Island -

Inside shipwreck next to Waterfall Island -

Crashed lifeboat at Waterfall Island -

Abandoned Shelters -

Custom trees on Waterfall Island -

Waterfall on Waterfall Island -

More screenshots coming soon!

Last edited:

Faogh

Tribute
Reaction score
Is this thread really necessary right now, you have no screenshots, you have no explanation all that's here is a title...

TadpolePvP

Diamond
Reaction score
Is this thread really necessary right now, you have no screenshots, you have no explanation all that's here is a title...
I had to go while I was about to post the screenshots. That's why I said ''screenshots coming soon''. They're up now.

YuenglingsMC

Diamond
Reaction score
more screenshots coming soon, we are literally working on it right now <3 thanks for the feedback <3

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Before I viewed the thread, I was thinking "Crashed planes crashed planes crashed planes!". And you didn't fail to show it, so far the whole map looks fantastic, and in the end, I hope it gets accepted as an MCSG map! :)

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Looks good. If you really want to capture the essence of the Bermuda Triangle, research into real events surrounding the area, and build them in. Maybe Flight 19, the Great Isaac Lighthouse, USS Cyclops etc are all great landmarks and building opportunities. I myself have spent hours pondering the areas great mystery and supernatural occurrences while sipping on a glass of whisky in my mahogany library....

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I like it but isnt the bermuda triangle just water not an island. I thought it was an imaginary triangle in the middle of the ocean where planes/ships disappear.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry, but that doesn't look too good in my eyes. There's a lot of water and water happens to be something most players... dislike? Too much water is never a good idea. The plane lacks details and while I do know that this game isn't the most realistic game there is, how in the world would those few vines be able to keep that plane above the ground? Those are the little things that matter, at least in the eyes of someone who is observant.

The trees look magnificent, though.

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
My one big pet peeve with this map is the plane.
It's pointing straight downwards. Planes don't crash like that. o_o And when they do crash, they generally fall into pieces, with the wings coming apart, the nose being crushed, windows shattering. Sometimes if it lands at a weird angle, the entire plane gets bent.

As stated by boboy1999, I thought there was no land? All water?
The concept of a "Mysterious no-man's land" is quite good, but the Bermuda Triangle just doesn't seem to work with it, because of the amounts of water. We already have a Breeze Island (And BI2), where there's plenty of water with a tropical theme, as well as the newer map, Winds of Change.

The cornucopia, while fairly flat and decent for PvP, is a deathtrap. There's two, maybe three, ways out of the cornucopia, through tunnels. In Winds of Change and another map that I can't remember, there are tunnels, but there is a large number of them and a decent way out.
There's bound to be a bloodbath at Cornucopia, and then the rest of the game will be spent floating through water, trying to find the other players?

The resource pack used, while maintaining a decently regular look, makes it hard for me to fully examine what's in the map. It looks like the resource pack has increased brightness in some places, and the leaves stand out painfully, sort of like a neon light in a dark alley. Would it be possible for default screenshots to be uploaded?

The waterfall is also a bit confusing.
It comes from within a small hill... where would the water be coming from? Unless there's a heat source underground such as a volcano waiting to erupt, the water would probably not be able to come up that far.
(then again, this is Minecraft, so it doesn't really matter.)

However, enough of me picking on the bad parts. There are definitely positive parts.
It's only 10% complete, according to the title. If this is 10%, then I hope to see much more when the map is complete. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci