• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Balancing Donor Privileges

Should donors only be able to kick up to half the lobby?

• Yes.

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • No.

Votes: 33 45.2%

• Total voters

locker651

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe Iron 16, Gold 20, Diamond all. If this is going to be implemented, 75% for Iron Donors would be too much in my opinion.
Sadly if it does get implemented it won't stop non donors hating on donors

ash0521

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that only iron donors should be restricted because they probably account for 99% of all donors so it isn't necessary to restrict higher donating people. It's a huge snowball effect and it is ruining the MCSG experience for many including me! Too many iron donor! I'm fine with being kicked every now and then by the people who were nice enough to donate to the servers like it used to be a few months back, but it has gone out of control recently. It isn't about that anymore, people just want to be able to get on to the servers more easily. Gold and diamond donators are obviously doing it for the good of the servers or else they would have just got iron. I am not trying to say anything bad about you iron donators who donated out of kindness. :)

Do you agree with this?

ash0521

Survivor
Reaction score
Another thing could be that iron donors can't join in the last 30 seconds of lobby. I think this will make it so that iron donors don't "cherry pick" so they can get into pregame sooner and kick everybody out. I think restrictions should only be put on iron donors and maybe very few on gold, but diamond donors donated so much so they deserve to not be restricted! I'm pretty sure that even with these in effect, the servers will pull in enough money. i am confident in moderators and had to choose the restrictions properly!

ash0521

Survivor
Reaction score
They should give any donors that are in the top 100 or so in the world full rights (what rights their type of donor has currently)

Reaction score
So as I have been reading all the posts, I realized that we all like the idea of donors privelages being nerfed. I am a donor, and I feel bad when I look at a lobby with all donors. Maybe with this idea, non donors will come to appreciate donors instead of hating them. Haha. Great idea.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel like 50%:75%:100% ratio is good. Going iron:gold:diamond.
This see seems like a reasonable distribution for the various donor levels, and would be a good compromise between all the ideas raised on this thread.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
This idea has a slight flaw, (skimmed through the replies, somebody may have already mentioned it and I missed it.)

Any non-donor who knows what they are doing (the ones who will likely stick around and play quite a few games.) would know that it's fairly easy to join the late number servers. By doing this suggestion, however, it may become impossible for some of these users to join a server due to a laggy internet. The benefit is that we'd get a lot of other new users with a faster internet joining...but honestly, if these were people who weren't patient enough to figure out their own way of easily getting in (joining the late number servers.) how long will they actually stick around anyway?

It's an interesting idea, but it does have some flaws. More servers are planning on being added soon anyway, as well as the 48 slot ones which will eventually come, etc...I think we'll be fine without this soon enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci