• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Australian Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DJMaestro12

Yes! :D Vote for Aussie Servers! Like this comment! Spread this thread! Of course there are people playing Minecraft Survival Games in Australia! Infact, It's so popular at our school, the technicians manged to pursuade the principal to let them unblock Minecraft, and just the Survival Games' IPs to play on! (Any other IPs sent through the school's network would be blocked, and then remembered by the servers) How do I know? I'M THE TECHNICIAN THAT GOT IT UNBLOCKED! :cool::cool::cool:

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Jealous
Yes! :D Vote for Aussie Servers! Like this comment! Spread this thread! Of course there are people playing Minecraft Survival Games in Australia! Infact, It's so popular at our school, the technicians manged to pursuade the principal to let them unblock Minecraft, and just the Survival Games' IPs to play on! (Any other IPs sent through the school's network would be blocked, and then remembered by the servers) How do I know? I'M THE TECHNICIAN THAT GOT IT UNBLOCKED! :cool::cool::cool:
Im Jealous. Our school computers are so crap they can't even run minecraft! >;D

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
please don't forget to actually 'like' the thread (i think either the first one or Chad's post) otherwise this would be for nothing!!!

D

DJMaestro12

Come on, guys! This forum thread has had ONLY 400 views! :mad: Spread it to your friends! Get them to play! Ask if they'd want Aussie servers! Come on, guys! :( I've been trying to get my WHOLE SCHOOL (which is about 1000 students,) to look at this forum thread for more views, possible comments, and maybe them playing the Survival Games too! (Despite I having unblocked the Survival Games' IPs, having 20 people in one session in the IT labs playing Survival Games all at once can be pretty laggy... :confused: *Off-topic talk start* I wonder if I could somehow focus the schools internet to the Java client and, most specifically Survival Games' IPs... ;) *Off-topic talk end*)

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
bumpity bump bump.
we need support guys, get friends to like these posts if they're Australian because even one server dedicated to our country would be helpful! We're so often overlooked because we're effectively a minority group in the gaming world, it can all change with a simple click of a button!!!!!!
plz get this going!

anth92

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm from sydney and have hardware to host a dedi server if required. (PowerEdge III Dual Xeon E5430 2.66GHz 1U /8GB/2x 300GB 15k/RAID ) Co-location could be a viable option although traffic is expensive...

For co-location you are looking at $300 a month vs $350 for a similar spec'd server (dedi hosting) both with 100mbit + 1tb @(http://www.glovine.com.au/page/dedicated) not sure how legit they are.

This may be overkill depending on how many oceanic users there actually are.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
its almost been a week... can one of the moderators or Chad let us know how close we are? i want this so badly...

D

DJMaestro12

*OFF-TOPIC*

I just realized I have been hacked by a keylogger! :eek: Found it in: [Personal Folder]/appdata/Roaming while trying to install some mods for minecraft... I figured out I got the tracker from a COOKIE (If you know what that is) while visiting a mod site! bunnies hackers... And to prove it, I'll upload PART of what was tracked while playing on my private minecraft server (SOME details I can NOT give away, though :p (Oh, and don't ask for the IP, I'm not giving that away either!:rolleyes:)) This just proves that even browsing the web these days can be a potential hazard! :( And if you don't want to download the file, someone reply and I'll paste the file up.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci