• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are you ashamed you play Minecraft?

Kupi

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post I'm on my phone so I am really confused on how I could edit my last post to put this in ._..

But no, everyone is judgemental to a certain extent. it really depends on your friends personality and what you are like irl. What clique do you hang out with? Are you into sports? Are you popular? What hobbies do people from your school and other places know you practice?

For me, and many others I'm sure, saying that I play minecraft wouldn't fit with who everyone knows me as at school and stuff. It would be an embarrassment. People wouldn't be able to even render the idea that I have two monitors. People my age are uninformed and often immature and inconsiderate. I can be like that too.

When I told my best friend from school said that I played video games (note: she noticed my two monitors when she came over) she collapsed over the table and laughed so hard BWAHAHAHAH ARE YOU SERIOUS? THAT GAME IS FOR NERDS LOL

Yeah I'm not her friend anymore, she's a queer. But even my cousin, when she came over this summer from England, said "Wow you play minecraft? That game is so.. Un-feminine."

well thanks bæ love u 2

But there is likely someone you know that appreciates you for who you are like my friend that I've known for years. She knows my former addiction, never made fun of me for it, and I appreciate her so much for that. Hell, I taught her how to play league and now she plays it even though she likes to play Ashe adc mid.

TL;DR

The people you know who don't play video games will most likely give you crap for it.

./rant
Thats exactly my point if the people you talk to would give you crap if they found out you play games or even just "minecraft" then why would you associate yourself with them. You enjoy playing games on a daily basis and because of that they would give you crap for that?

Lets just say your friend found out you eat cheerios for breakfast but you didn't like cheerios or were never interested in trying them and just thought "wow cheerios are for losers" do you think your friend would want to be friends with you after insulting something they enjoy on a daily basis? Obviously that was just an example and I understand the fact that "your friend thinking your a nerd" is a bigger deal then someone saying someones not cool for eating cheerios.

If you want to see if the people you hangout with are "good people for you" then tell them you play minecraft with people on the internet and see their reaction.

TL;DR: Why associate yourself with someone who you think would judge you negatively if you told them you play computer games.
Please keep in mind two things
1)This is my rant/opinion please do not hate(Have something either neutral or positive to add to the topic).
2)This was written on mobile so there may be grammatical errors.

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People give me Good but idc I just talk sht back to them

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel like I'm one of the few people who is not ashamed of playing Minecraft.

Here's a screenshot of my Facebook avatar, edited to take out my last name, since I really dislike my last name.

And here's some screenshots of Minecraft-related things that I've posted on my wall:

Do I get judged for it? No. At least, not to my face.
But then again, I have less than 50 friends on Facebook, and most of them don't even know me that well. Relatives, friends of friends from church who randomly sent me friend requests.

In real life, I wasn't ashamed of saying that I play Minecraft. I was considered a nerd/geek with very few friends, and in fact my best friend also played Minecraft, and openly talked about it with me in class pretty much every morning. Many people in my homeroom class knew that I played Minecraft, but either they didn't care or were too scared of me (violent boy, remember) to try and taunt me about it, since I was best friends with the largest kid in the room and sat so close to the teacher that I could take his stapler by reaching over my desk, LOL.

This upcoming school year, I won't have any friends (I moved a year ago and then was homeschooled) so I won't really have anyone to tell, so I doubt anyone will know.
I found your facebook. c:

Why do you not like your last name?

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
It's crazy how much things change between HS and College. The moment I went to college and got close to everyone on my dorm floor, I told them about my YT and Minecraft. They were more so intrigued by it, as opposed to immediately rejecting it. In fact, the older I get, the more people I'm finding in real life that play Minecraft behind the scenes. Don't hide your passions/hobbies from your RL friends/peers, be yourself, and own it. You'll be a lot happier in life, and if you act like you're the man/woman while confidently saying "Yeah I dominate those MCSG leaderboards", the other people will swoon over you. SWOON!

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
I never realized Minecraft was the "uncool" game to play irl until reading this thread, tbh. I've overheard people playing the game and talking about it in public during several instances in college, so I assumed no one really gave a crap. Or maybe by now people have just stopped caring about the games other people play at my school.

Also, I'm not sure Minecraft even started out as a kids game anyways. I was in late high school when it started getting popular around 2011 and it was everywhere. People at school created a server. It was banned in class because people were playing it. A bunch of youtubers I was subscribed to (several in their 20s, and some of whom didn't even cover games regularly) started posting videos of it. News stories and articles were everywhere. This freaking game was pretty much reaching Pokemon-like levels of hype. This stereotype that Minecraft's just for kids has to have come up pretty recently.

Last edited:

Kcinayy

Platinum
Reaction score
I am too, but many people do not realise that minecraft is more then just 10 year olds collecting wood en iron.

BenarooDaGamerHD

Experienced
Reaction score
I am not really ashamed that I play minecraft, but I don't tell everyone at school that I do unless they ask. Mostly because no one really cares.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Not really. I'm not proudly proclaiming it or anything but I don't really mind if anyone knows. Some of my football teammates actually play on Xbox sometimes. Anyone that would give me crap for playing the game I don't really care about.

Aldxelm

Diamond
Reaction score
I mean. I know that my friends or random teasers won't be different to me even after they know i play minecraft,even to girls. But I try to drift away from that topic although one of my friends managed to somehow find my youtube ;-;

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
i wouldn't be ashamed by it because i'd never specify what games i play unless someone asked. i do so much more than video games anyway so there's plenty of other interesting things

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci