• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are you ashamed you play Minecraft?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
It's crazy how much things change between HS and College. The moment I went to college and got close to everyone on my dorm floor, I told them about my YT and Minecraft. They were more so intrigued by it, as opposed to immediately rejecting it. In fact, the older I get, the more people I'm finding in real life that play Minecraft behind the scenes. Don't hide your passions/hobbies from your RL friends/peers, be yourself, and own it. You'll be a lot happier in life, and if you act like you're the man/woman while confidently saying "Yeah I dominate those MCSG leaderboards", the other people will swoon over you. SWOON!
This is how I think it works:
  1. Elementary School: A lot of kids start playing as it is a relatively cheap game that parents think is non-violent so they let them play it. It is a very popular game for younger ones from what I hear.
  2. Middle School/Junior High: Still fairly popular, if you play it thats fine and if you don't no one really cares. So you can talk about it without anyone saying anything.
  3. High School: people start to move on to League and also some violent shooting games. Some still play Minecraft, but there are a lot less, so most of the people who love their stereotypes will bully them because they are different.
  4. College: People are more mature, and are more willing to accept other people's interests. Yes a lot of people don't play Minecraft at that age, but it doesn't matter if you do, as long as you enjoy it.

Last edited:

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
This is how I think it works:
  1. Elementary School: A lot of kids start playing is it is a relatively cheap game that parents think is non-violent so they let them play it. It is a very popular game for younger ones from what I hear.
  2. Middle School/Junior High: Still fairly popular, if you play it thats fine and if you don't know one really cares. So you can talk about it without anyone saying anything.
  3. High School: people start to move on to League and also some violent shooting games. Some still play Minecraft, but there are a lot less, so some of the people who love their stereotypes will bully them because they are different.
  4. College: People are more mature, and are more willing to accept other people's interests. Yes a lot of people don't play Minecraft at that age, but it doesn't matter if you do, as long as you enjoy it.
Pretty much. The maturity jump from 15-20 is pretty freakin crazy.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Pretty much. The maturity jump from 15-20 is pretty freakin crazy.
Good to hear. Some people still haven't learned how to respect others, even though teachers attempted to teach them to do so in Kindergarden.

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
I started playing MCSG with 5 irl friends, 2 of which I still play with. Quite a few of my school mates know I play minecraft but I don't go around shouting it from the rooftops.
Sums up my perspective on this.

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
Im Ashamed of a lot of things. A lot of things. Eleven things involving Minecraft or people within it nuff said there. But the fact that I play, no but I probably should be. People who have never played think it's crap lol. But eh if people are curious idc I tell them. But they don't need to know details of certain people close to me I've met here.

ButterBacca87

Survivor
Reaction score
I have a lot of friends many play minecraft as well. I just entered 6th grade and if some one asked me what I like to do for fun I'll tell them exactly what I do, MCSG! :D. But i'm only 11 if I'm still into MCSG when 15 I only plan on telling my friends, they don't have to be to close most of my friends (who don't play minecraft already) think minecrafts pretty cool after I explain it's more than collecting wood and iron. If your friends are going to judge you for something you enjoy doing they can gtfo. I have a friend who's a hardcore COD player I judge him about his cod addiction he judges me about my minecraft addiction it's all in good fun though but if he wasn't one of my friends and he was judging me I'd just judge them about something else about them kinda the immature thing to do, but judging some one because they like some one is just as immature or even worst.

#Rant

E

Ephiza

lolno. I was more ashamed to play a little game called Dota 2, over MC. There are girls at my school that can relate to what I do (spend a lot of time on the internet ;D). (Ik, luckiest 12 year old in the world :>)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci