• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are you ashamed you play Minecraft?

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
Only my best friends know I play minecraft.
Ain't telling any girls though, I don't know, people that don't play minecraft always think of it as "childish"
even though when they start playing they love it.
So no, I'm not ashamed, but for popularity purposes, I rather don't mention it.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Only my VERY close friends know I play Minecraft. For the most part, I try to keep it as secretive as possible. On the internet, however, I'll tell anyone xD

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Only my best friends know I play minecraft.
Ain't telling any girls though, I don't know, people that don't play minecraft always think of it as "childish"
even though when they start playing they love it.
So no, I'm not ashamed, but for popularity purposes, I rather don't mention it.
Lol my friend who is a girl told me he played Minecraft on PS3 one day and it was so funny we talked about great of a game it is xD she told me how she built a house and died to monsters lol! It's kind of an inside joke of ours, she always tells me how she invited two of her friends over and they drank energy drinks and played all night :'D it was so funny as she is not the type of girl who sits home all day x)

Edit: But I do get it, I don't go around telling people that I plau Minecraft, but if someone asks, I do tell them. They laugh at first but then I tell them there's actual PvP in Minecraft and they understand when I tell them that this is my type of game :3

Reaction score
Yeah, no one knows about it. At school, the last thing people would think is that I play minecraft, let alone video games.

Some people know that I'm a gamer but when they ask what games I only admit to the mainstream one that no one would give me poop about. Like GTA, tomb raider, the last of us, etc. Most people don't take note that PC games other than minecraft exist, so I only say that I play console games.

Even if I was a guy I wouldn't tell anyone tbh.

mathijs3011

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not really ashamed, but I also don't like to talk about with my friends from school.

Reaction score
Honestly dude if you are worried that you're friends will judge you then maybe you should consider if they are good friends. If someone thinks you're not cool enough to be around you or thinks you're a nerd then ignore them, theres so many people in the world theirs no reason to have mean, judgemental friends IMO.

Sorry for the double post I'm on my phone so I am really confused on how I could edit my last post to put this in ._..

But no, everyone is judgemental to a certain extent. it really depends on your friends personality and what you are like irl. What clique do you hang out with? Are you into sports? Are you popular? What hobbies do people from your school and other places know you practice?

For me, and many others I'm sure, saying that I play minecraft wouldn't fit with who everyone knows me as at school and stuff. It would be an embarrassment. People wouldn't be able to even render the idea that I have two monitors. People my age are uninformed and often immature and inconsiderate. I can be like that too.

When I told my best friend from school said that I played video games (note: she noticed my two monitors when she came over) she collapsed over the table and laughed so hard BWAHAHAHAH ARE YOU SERIOUS? THAT GAME IS FOR NERDS LOL

Yeah I'm not her friend anymore, she's a queer. But even my cousin, when she came over this summer from England, said "Wow you play minecraft? That game is so.. Un-feminine."

well thanks bæ love u 2

But there is likely someone you know that appreciates you for who you are like my friend that I've known for years. She knows my former addiction, never made fun of me for it, and I appreciate her so much for that. Hell, I taught her how to play league and now she plays it even though she likes to play Ashe adc mid.

TL;DR

The people you know who don't play video games will most likely give you crap for it.

./rant

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
People know I play Minecraft and I don't care. I will occasionally talk to one or two people about it at lunch or something, but for the most part, I don't let everyone know. I'm not ashamed of playing it, but I don't need to go around telling everyone and bringing a minecraft chess board I made to school. (Yes, someone in my school made a minecraft chess board)

EDIT: I introduced my IRL friend to some of my internet friends once. Alpha Denster91. Alpha posted some disturbing links and my friend thought I was gay for a week. :p He was joking, but it was pretty funny. It was also pretty awkward when he found my youtube channel, but he isn't a jerk, so it wasn't like he told anyone or anything. He still comments on my videos. (at least he did before I stopped)

Last edited:

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
No one from my school knows that I play Minecraft and/or do YouTube.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
My parents call me a failure for playing Minecraft
Your parents should be prosecuted. Who's parents call somebody a "failure" for playing a game?

Seriously though, yes, I am. Only 3 of my friends know, and one of them doesn't even go to my school anymore. I try to avoid the subject, as I know I will sound like a complete nerd if I talk about it. Its also one of the reasons my latest girlfriend decided to dump me after I told her. To me, minecraft has been, and will always be, an addiction.

Bunns

Platinum
Reaction score
I go to a private school where there is 1 class for each grade. I've been with this group since I was 4. They know I play but that doesn't matter to them. There r only 9 boys in my class and we all hang out with eAchother. We go to each other's houses daily and some play it too

:]

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
People know I play Minecraft and I don't care. I will occasionally talk to one or two people about it at lunch or something, but for the most part, I don't let everyone know. I'm not ashamed of playing it, but I don't need to go around telling everyone and bringing a minecraft chess board I made to school. (Yes, someone in my school made a minecraft chess board)

EDIT: I introduced my IRL friend to some of my internet friends once. Alpha Denster91. Alpha posted some disturbing links and my friend thought I was gay for a week. :p He was joking, but it was pretty funny. It was also pretty awkward when he found my youtube channel, but he isn't a jerk, so it wasn't like he told anyone or anything. He still comments on my videos. (at least he did before I stopped)
who

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci