• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anime Discussion Thread!

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I just finished 12 other animes today xD
Average anime length: 12 Episodes x Number of anime = 144
x
Average anime running time: 24 minutes = 3456 minutes / 60 = 57.6 hours.
or x
Minus OP + ED: about 20 minutes = 2880 / 60 = 48 hours

How?!

That said, I've watched a lot of anime recently. This week I binged Boys on the Slope all 12 eps in one go, watched all of Lucky Star, started rewatching Haruhi up to episode 5, started watching Haibane Renmei up to episode 5, and yesterday I watched Grave of Fireflies.

PS: The plural of anime is anime.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
x
or x

How?!

That said, I've watched a lot of anime recently. This week I binged Boys on the Slope all 12 eps in one go, watched all of Lucky Star, started rewatching Haruhi up to episode 5, started watching Haibane Renmei up to episode 5, and yesterday I watched Grave of Fireflies.

I watched over 50 episodes today, and i just started 4 new animes

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
x
or x

How?!

How much money did someone pay you to watch Lucky Star ;-;?

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
How much money did someone pay you to watch Lucky Star ;-;?
I was bored so I figured I'd try it. I watched it in the evening to unwind, so I didn't mind that it was kind of boring. Apparently the first 4 episodes were directed by a different guy than the rest, because they fired him from that job and said that "He wasn't currently fit to direct". The difference shows, because around episode 6 the show gets a lot better, and episodes 10+ are really good. What I liked most in particular was the Characters, they're all well fleshed out, unique, and fun to watch. Particularly Kagami. Especially Kagami (she's mah bae <3). Personally I find characters to be the sole most important factor in a show, they can carry a shoddy story and poor animation, but bad characters usually can't even hold up a very great story. And this show had some great characters.

Overall a 8/10. It wasn't hilarious, and there are a lot of jokes and references that would be impossible to understand without having a heavy knowledge of Japanese culture and Otaku-related stuff, but the great characters held it up for me. Heck the (very) few times this anime tried to be sad, it succeeded a lot, which just shows how good the characters are that you are legitimately concerned for them (Kagami ;-; , Konota ;-; ).

I ended up watching it for a couple reasons:

It was on YouTube.
It's very popular.
My sister watched it a few years ago, and I faintly remembered it.
I'd just finished Serial Experiments Lain. I needed something a little less depressing/dramatic at the time.

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
I was bored so I figured I'd try it. I watched it in the evening to unwind, so I didn't mind that it was kind of boring. Apparently the first 4 episodes were directed by a different guy than the rest, because they fired him from that job and said that "He wasn't currently fit to direct". The difference shows, because around episode 6 the show gets a lot better, and episodes 10+ are really good. What I liked most in particular was the Characters, they're all well fleshed out, unique, and fun to watch. Particularly Kagami. Especially Kagami (she's mah bae <3). Personally I find characters to be the sole most important factor in a show, they can carry a shoddy story and poor animation, but bad characters usually can't even hold up a very great story. And this show had some great characters.

Overall a 8/10. It wasn't hilarious, and there are a lot of jokes and references that would be impossible to understand without having a heavy knowledge of Japanese culture and Otaku-related stuff, but the great characters held it up for me. Heck the (very) few times this anime tried to be sad, it succeeded a lot, which just shows how good the characters are that you are legitimately concerned for them (Kagami ;-; , Konota ;-; ).

I ended up watching it for a couple reasons:

It was on YouTube.
It's very popular.
My sister watched it a few years ago, and I faintly remembered it.
I'd just finished Serial Experiments Lain. I needed something a little less depressing/dramatic at the time.

THIS IS MY PROBLEM!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci