• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Alliances should be ruled out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitrias

Tribute
Reaction score
well part of the hunger games is to make alliances with fellow tributes
Since large teams can easily hold the spawn, I think a solution could be for example having more arrows spawn in far away area chests. Then the attackers have more chances against the guys in the middle.
(Just so you know, I think its good that only middle spawns diamond armor, keep it that way.
But maybe arrows as mentioned above for far away chests.)

This way you won't need to forbid alliances, but you'll make them less powerful.

FoolsPower

Survivor
Reaction score
Since large teams can easily hold the spawn, I think a solution could be for example having more arrows spawn in far away area chests. Then the attackers have more chances against the guys in the middle.
(Just so you know, I think its good that only middle spawns diamond armor, keep it that way.
But maybe arrows as mentioned above for far away chests.)

This way you won't need to forbid alliances, but you'll make them less powerful.
Ok, this would be excellent! when you only have a sword to defend yourself, there's no way you can take on a full team with just a sword. If you have enough arrows, it'll give you at least a chance. Arrows are pretty scarce right now though, can only usually get 5-10 if i'm lucky

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
I would say alliances aren't the problem, but diamond armor is. I've beaten alliances before by separating them, using wolves, and just overall being more clever. Larger alliances of 3-5 players tend to fall apart really easy and they split there items making them easier to take down individually.

Dimitrias

Tribute
Reaction score
I would say alliances aren't the problem, but diamond armor is. I've beaten alliances before by separating them, using wolves, and just overall being more clever. Larger alliances of 3-5 players tend to fall apart really easy and they split there items making them easier to take down individually.
Diamond armor is not a problem at all. There should be items in the middle that are worth fighting for, it gives people a reason to be in the middle. But outside chests should also have (different than middle) advantages such as extra arrows. To give solo people the chance to beat teams.
(As mentioned above)

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
Diamond armor is not a problem at all. There should be items in the middle that are worth fighting for, it gives people a reason to be in the middle. But outside chests should also have (different than middle) advantages such as extra arrows. To give solo people the chance to beat teams.
(As mentioned above)
The reason to be in the center is the amount of chests and the fact they all get refilled at night. Spawning a full diamond chest pieace, leggings, or sword is just OP. Spawning just a diamond hat, shoes, or individual diamond is balanced.

Dimitrias

Tribute
Reaction score
I must disagree on that. Even when its working against me I find it good that the center spawns better gear than the other ones. Besides it doesn't do it often at all, usually it only happens 2 times per match (1 time at begin and 1 additional time).

It is also a great punishment for campers, because if they hide too long their gear will become outdated since the ones who don't camp are probably in the middle.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
There was this Inappropriate body part on a male right. Ultimate Fishing Rod Of Doom annoying, paying everyone out.
So I asked for a team, we camped spawn,
lets just say he got rewarded for camping with a stab in the back.

As I knew he would be raging in spec, I just had to comment, *trollface*

I guess that's a bit off topic but the Inappropriate body part on a male deserved it.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree that large alliances that hold the Corn are unfair, particularly if they are a group of friends using Skype to communicate. I had 3 friends join me for one game and we made the decision to bolt away from the Corn, but someone found us very quickly, before we could even find other weapons in hidden chests and completely annihilated us... So yeah, large alliances can be tough for someone on their own, but it is more realistic that one person will die against a group. THIS IS NOT A FANTASY NOVEL, your skills will be tested and if you're unlucky enough not to find weapons or an environment that plays to your strengths, then you weren't meant to win that round anyway.
Finally i will say that i agree that alliances should be limited, say only to those in your District? (of course they would need to make a way for you to choose your district before the match begins so you could still pair with your friends)

ArchetypeAmnesia

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree that any alliance over 3 people is retarded but I don't see how we can stop people from doing it.

sgtpeppers508

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't mind alliances. They make the game more fun. Without them I wouldn't have good reason to always be on the move, lying low. And that is by far my favorite part.

kmaster224

Experienced
Reaction score
Personally, i like to go solo and kill them one by one. Or make them turn on each other (as noted above)
I agree, it is not impossible to still win, just a greater challenge. And guess what... Challenge Accepted :)

BlackPixie

Spectator
Reaction score
I've now won two games where there were huge alliances, one was a 10 player alliance and the other a 7. I almost always solo, so it can be done, just need a bit of luck and a bit of strat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci