• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Alliances should be ruled out

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoolsPower

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, I'v took your replies in to consideration, and thought about it. And this is what I think; Alliances of two people are fair game. Alliances over two people are overkill and unfair. With a 2 player alliance, the solo player still has a chance of beating them with cunning tactics. But with a 3+ alliance, the chances drop tremendously, especially if they have diamond tools or armour.

As others have said, I actually do like alliances, when it's only two players. I'v had a few experiences where i'm hiding in the tree near spawn, spying on a two player alliance. What I don't like is when they sit at the cornucopia for the enitre game, just waiting for the chests to refill so they can keep getting better and better items.

I may think about trying out allying with someone for a game. I'v tried it once, and I didn't like it so much, just gives you more weight to carry (so to speak)

Conclusion: Two player allies are cool, when they don't camp at the cornucopia all game. 4-8 player allies are NOT cool, and it's ruining the game for solo players.

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, I'v took your replies in to consideration, and thought about it. And this is what I think; Alliances of two people are fair game. Alliances over two people are overkill and unfair. With a 2 player alliance, the solo player still has a chance of beating them with cunning tactics. But with a 3+ alliance, the chances drop tremendously, especially if they have diamond tools or armour.

As others have said, I actually do like alliances, when it's only two players. I'v had a few experiences where i'm hiding in the tree near spawn, spying on a two player alliance. What I don't like is when they sit at the cornucopia for the enitre game, just waiting for the chests to refill so they can keep getting better and better items.

I may think about trying out allying with someone for a game. I'v tried it once, and I didn't like it so much, just gives you more weight to carry (so to speak)

Conclusion: Two player allies are cool, when they don't camp at the cornucopia all game. 4-8 player allies are NOT cool, and it's ruining the game for solo players.
try to talk to someone on skype or get a friend to play with you

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
I've won a few games and never ally but usually that only happens when I manage to seperate a 2-man alliance.
When youre alone, you gotta be quick and kill the allies before they manage to get high tier equip. Usually it takes them longer to gear up.
Anyways, I had a couple of games where I was standing 1 vs 3 vs 2 or even 1 vs 3 vs 3 and the other teams refused to kill each other until they got me basically. And in the death match they end up ganking on the lonely player first. Oh well...

Elf123mine

Spectator
Reaction score
Alliances don't ruin it. I play solo and in a game i was in they organised a 5 person alliance. I came thrid in that game due to great tactics and not being over zealous. You just have to play the game and if you want start your own alliances.

Planty_98

Spectator
Reaction score
One match I had a two person alliance and one man killed my partner and he almost killed me too. One time I had a three person alliance and there were four people left. The last guy was hiding and my alliance, with no where to turn, killed each other off. That one guy hiding won. Alliances are fun and risky, but they don't break the game, there are ways around it. Me, myself killed a guy in a four person alliance with a diamond sword, (But not diamond armor) and I ran away. I came in second that game

FoolsPower

Survivor
Reaction score
How do you want to rule it out? It can't be checked can it?
Sadly, there isn't really a way, due to the games being automatic. But i thought maybe the power of hope would stop the huge alliances :D

Kyle18211

Spectator
Reaction score
well part of the hunger games is to make alliances with fellow tributes

Planty_98

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree with you Kyle. It's part of the games and you shouldn't rule it out because it's "unfair," because as you read, they are very beatable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci