• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AGFire2013's Rowsignation Letter

JakeTheCarrot

Tribute
Reaction score
Dear my carrack buddy.

It's sad to see you go. You were an absolutely amazing moderator during the time that I was staff, and was always around for anything I needed, whether it was some personal advice or advice regarding staff.

Even though I wasn't around and after reading the 4 pages of responses I'm sure you were an even better sr staff, and I'm genuinely sad to see you go.

All sad things aside, good luck in life and you always have my kik. Ps, meet me at 6 behind the store for some sweet carrack after your carrowing lesson. (Inside joke, I'm not an addict I swear).

Keep on rowing Amber, you'll be missed. <3

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
Amber, I may not have known you for long, but all I heard about you were good things. The times I was with you were great! You are so nice. It's sad to see you go, but it's the best decision for you. Have fun, and we will see you again <3

J

District 13
Reaction score
Alright, well Amber, let's start by making this long reply which you will laugh at as I include some very smart things I did and some very dumb things I did...

Let me rephrase, all the dumb things and nothing smart at all.

So, the first time we really met I guess was when I was in waiting. You pulled me up to a moderator chat as we were just talking in the Waiting Room and guess what our conversation was about. Yes, you ranting on and on about rowing. Since I had no clue what rowing was at the time, I found this to actually be interesting and I was also terrified by the videos you showed me and the outcome of rowing just by practicing. Remind me to never do rowing by the way.

Our first first time we met was in the clue #District 13. I didn't really know you, and you didn't really know me, but it's very interesting to see how far most of the Quarter Quell clan members came along. We had multiple of them become moderators, some even Sr. Moderators, and had two of them permanently banned.

That's about it, after that, I got accepted, you were happy, we talked a bit more, you realized I was an idiot and yeah. So continuing about 2-3 months after my promotion as a moderator. I resigned, then came back in like what, 5 hours? Yeah, really dumb of me and even more dumb considering you knew this was what was going to happen. Personally, I wish I had resigned that moment and didn't come back because all I did was cause trouble afterwards, but it was worth it because I had a great time still.

So continuing on, I had more of those idiotic moments that you personally heard and saw, then, you got trial Sr. Mod. Not going to lie, I was so proud, the youngest staff member receiving Sr. Mod, that's definitely an accomplishment. Unfortunately you had already talked about resigning a month-ish ago before receiving trial, and here we are now. Resigned. It's really sad seeing that, especially since you were a terrific staff member. We had great times where we would play SG occasionally and totally not boost, and then those times where you banned me off Teamspeak.

It was a good run and it feels very weird seeing you with a green name. I'm glad that you became a staff member in the first place, and I'm especially glad for having you as a friend. Thanks for being a great staff member up until the very end, and especially for being a great friend.

Peace Rowing Goddess.

:banoar: :kappa:

Oh yeah, we also can't forget those AMAZING not so much slack conversations we had! I would totally put them in here, but I kinda can't, regardless, you have those pictures anytime to laugh at me.

ome things are hard for people to understand. Like how anyone could be proud of nasty, hard, yellow calluses that turn hands into hunks of leather. Then there are machines from a torture chamber – why would anyone want to erg as much as we do? Running, lifting weights, erging (which, by the way, an erg is a rowing machine), and basically enduring hell…all for a sport. At the end of practice, we’re covered in sweat, we compare our salt deposits, brag about our blisters, and most likely we’re bleeding someplace on our hands. Rowing is a sport where you win by sitting on your rear and going backwards…you get to see the people you’re beating rather than a finish line (which is something quite dignifying). Rowing is a sport for which you have to work your ass off and it’s like nothing else.

It confuses people as to why someone would put themselves through such intense pain. And sometimes it’s even hard for me to understand. Once in a while I wonder why I row. Then I realize that I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t row…I don’t know where I’d be without my beautiful, spandex-adorned family. Rowing has taught me more about myself and about life than anything else of which I can think. It has shown me how far I am willing to push myself, where my breaking point is, and it has taught me how to push myself past that breaking point, through my walls – physical and mental. Rowing has shown me that I can endure so much more than I think is possible, it sets expectations for me and teaches me how to meet those expectations. Rowing has revealed my strengths and weaknesses and most of all, my character. A rower’s character (along with mental strength) shines through during those middle 1000 meters of a 2k test, through that wall where your brain says, “No, you can’t,” but your body keeps going, and mind you, that body pulls harder. In the speech ROWING INCHES, Al Pachino says it perfectly: “It’s the guy who’s willing to die who’s gonna win that inch… You’ve got to look at the guy next to you – look into his eyes. Now I think you’re gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you; you’re gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you’re gonna do the same for him… Either we fight now as a team or we will die as individuals…” As one soon learns, there is something really spectacular about rowing and how it affects a person…

More than anything though, it’s the people you row with which makes rowing such an addiction. Your crew is your family; the boathouse is your second home. It’s those people for whom you are willing to push yourself past the brink of insanity, through those thick walls of pain; those people with whom you fight to gain length on another boat’s bow ball that make it all worth the suffering. You see, rowing pulls people together –your fellow rowers are the people for whom you sweat and bleed; they share your fears and tears, your pain and glory. They shine with you at your best and still love you at your worst. Sometimes we’ll be at each other’s throats, but in the end we’re a family and we love each other, and that’s what counts.

Last edited:

SolarBleu

Platinum
Reaction score
I understand your choice AGWater2013, you'll be missed in the MCGamer Community.
Hi guys! My name is Amber and I as of recently I have chosen to resign from the staff/Sr. Staff team for an array of reasons that I will be explaining in this letter.

First off, I need to make one thing clear: I did NOT resign out of any type of conflict and/or contempt for the staff team or any individuals within it, nor do I want any to be directed at the staff team because of my resignation. I still have friends within the staff team and I am on a good standing with them all, and I am in no shape or form angry at any of them. In fact, they are all amazing individuals who donate their time to help you enjoy yourself on the servers.

The main reasons why I have resigned are as follows: rowing, school, social commitments, and a general willingness to spend more time in the outside world learning and making a change in events and things, and a couple of other minor reasons.

For rowing, a long time goal of mine has been to make it to the National Championships. I know that there's absolutely no way I'm getting there without donating more of my time to training and improving, and that's what I'm going to have to do.

As for school, the workload has greatly increased for me and next year I'll be moving into AP work, and I'm going to have to improve my learning habits and prepare in advance for Grade 11, which is known to be the busiest and most stressful academic year at school. I'm also aiming to get Academic and Arts awards at school, and to do that I need to maintain an 86% average, something that's pretty challenging at school considering we're about 20-40% more advanced than the average school in my province, so the workload and difficulty is a lot harder.

I've also expressed a huge willingness and a need to connect more with the students at school - spend more time with my closest friends IRL and get to know more people. My school is a condensed mound of the most talented and kindest people I know (though unfortunately that's not the case for many, many people), and I need to take advantage of this while I can because I'm not really sure if I'm ever going to be in a place full of these incredible people. It's truly a one time opportunity and I don't want to let it slip past me.

It's been an amazing 8 months with the staff team and I will forever be grateful for the lovely people I have met <3

Now 4 teh ty mentions in no particular order:

NagolGames Logan, tu as soif. You've also been a great friend of mine and I will 5ever be grateful for your weird stuff

Ceroria

thank you wild blue yonder for the great dms <3 ur my whale god and nub person

Giggums RYANNNNN thank you for always helping me out when I needed it and being a truly meme-ingful person in my staff team career <3

CoDsNo65 Cameron, you've truly been a great friend and you should get shorter. Take care of the turtles.

Jazza MMmmmmmmm you're fabulous thank you for all the help you've given me mmmmmmmmmm timhortons mmmmmm

Dr_Nitro My fav scrub + ban oars are better than ban hammers

Miner9823 The most caring individual I've met in this community. Ily

bad2020 Rowing amazingness right here. Don't give up

Sebi | Sebiix Jr. Chad. IlYYYYY CHILD

Blake Ok. You're kind of ok. Ok.

Lebron12 He asked me to tag him but he's kind of a noob so no :/ :/

TrebleMaker You're the most positive person I know. ily alyssaaaaaa

arsenalfcgunners I've heard you really like rowing and Man United. Thanx 4 making us lose row race

Exzone ILYSM FILIP

Goldsminer GOLDSSSSSSSSSS MY MOD BUDDY <3

Kat You're amazing and deserve all the nice things <3

Kaylie | Holidays *screams incoherently about hackers and how dumb jeffrey is and how nice kaylie is*

MisiLica You know how fabulous you are. Maybe I'll teach you Rowmanian :eek:

Yannick YANNISHAAAAAAA ILY ILY ILY STAY STARBUCKS AND APPLE OBSESSED

RiskIt ice(ac) ice(ac) baby

_Pyrrhic Ily. That is all.

Swoopz handball is ok.

Razzledgirl Thank you for all the opportunities you gave me <3

P.S. Hmu if I forgot you in the thread

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I know I am super late with this response but Amber I would like to take the time to say ILY. You not only changed the way I worked as a moderator but positively affected so many around you.

It is really saddening to see you depart from the team but the adventures you hold in your future are far great. Good luck with the future you hold and keep in touch! :p

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
Good luck with all your rowing endeavors Amber!!! I would say I miss you but you still come on to the team speak thankfully to talk <3 Reading that over it sounds pretty shady...either way <3

P.S To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci