• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

About all the "leaving" threads...

Agree with me?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Goodbye/Leaving threads are to explain why that person is leaving, and to get more people to read the thread (not for attention.) A simple status update saying "Bye guys" in less than 140 characters would be very unspecific and undetailed, and not many people read status updates. More people would read a thread so your friends would see and understand with the details provided in more than 140 characters, and in a leaving/goodbye thread. Every single one of the threads is unique and would not be considered spam, that would be like considering new clan threads as spam. You say there are 2-3 goodbye threads a day/every 24 hours when there are probably almost 100 clan threads made every day which are much less unique, and I dont see you complaining about those.
Please stop flaming me. I may not have noticed about the clan threads, okay? Thanks Ceroria for helping me, would you please delete this post too?

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
Let's not turn this into a bitter topic people :( I think this is a good topic to discuss and should not be turned into a hate fest.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Goodbye/Leaving threads are to explain why that person is leaving, and to get more people to read the thread (not for attention.) A simple status update saying "Bye guys" in less than 140 characters would be very unspecific and undetailed, and not many people read status updates. More people would read a thread so your friends would see and understand with the details provided in more than 140 characters, and in a leaving/goodbye thread. Every single one of the threads is unique and would not be considered spam, that would be like considering new clan threads as spam. You say there are 2-3 goodbye threads a day/every 24 hours when there are probably almost 100 clan threads made every day which are much less unique, and I dont see you complaining about those.
I don't consider them spam, but it's really hard to deny that they're for attention. If what you say is true about people wanting to read the thread, why do you care about their opinion. Most of the people are irrelevant to you. It makes you feel good that they say they'll miss you so they can brag about having more posts to their actual friends that they talk to.

The reasons for quitting are generally pointless. To be honest, nobody cares if your computer broke. The only important part is that you're quitting and we won't see you around anymore. If there's a story, again, tell it to the people you care.

The only time I'll support a quitting thread is if you write the whole thing in greentext.

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't consider them spam, but it's really hard to deny that they're for attention. If what you say is true about people wanting to read the thread, why do you care about their opinion. Most of the people are irrelevant to you. It makes you feel good that they say they'll miss you so they can brag about having more posts to their actual friends that they talk to.

The reasons for quitting are generally pointless. To be honest, nobody cares if your computer broke. The only important part is that you're quitting and we won't see you around anymore. If there's a story, again, tell it to the people you care.

The only time I'll support a quitting thread is if you write the whole thing in greentext.
*Sorry for double post*

The people I want to read the threads are my friends I want to know im leaving :p

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
*Sorry for double post*

The people I want to read the threads are my friends I want to know im leaving :p
Why do you have to write a thread for everyone to see then? Message them, talk to them, I honestly don't care why you're leaving.

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
Why do you have to write a thread for everyone to see then? Message them, talk to them, I honestly don't care why you're leaving.
Then dont read the thread...

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
All I can say is don't take this too seriously. Some things happened between you and a couple others and it got out of hand. Some rude things were said to you and those people will be dealt with, stay calm :)
Man...Ceroria when are you not right? Like...never :p Ceroria4Pres

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci