• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A little more from the staff

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Just commenting on one part of the post that directly impacts me, being a developer.

Making the questions thread has not helped in that aspect, because you guys still explain in barely a paragraph (also because most of the questions are directed to the developers, but I’d also rather they helped in that field too).

I'm not too sure about other developers, but I'm on the forums almost every day answering various questions. In addition, I'm always browsing two of the main forums - "Survival Games Discussion" and "Feature Suggestions"; although we may not reply to every single thread in "Feature Suggestions", we do take the time to read all of them and consider them.

We can't be active in the community all the time, because whether the public sees it or not, we're always working on new projects and working on MCSG "behind the scenes". We can't share a lot of things we're working on with the community, simply because it's illegal for us to do so - all developers have signed a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with Chad, which legally prevents us from telling everyone a lot of what we're doing (and we can technically end up getting sued for doing so).

I realize you didn't directly say "the developers do nothing" (instead, you said more along the lines of "the developers aren't as active in the community as they could be"), but please take the above into consideration before you say something like that. We consider it quite rude when people claim we do nothing/aren't active, as we are actually quite active, and as said above, we can't tell the public a lot of things we work on.

BlueMoonP

Experienced
Reaction score
Col_Star really does a lot you probably aren't aware of. While having few forum posts might make someone look inactive, he's actually very active on TeamSpeak, working with other staff members.
I will not question that, but no one has the slightest clue what a 'community manager' exactly does, and neither do I. His name however suggests that he is actively involved in this community, and if he doesn't post regularly it's no surprise that someone may question his dedication.

I have no doubt that he is a great addition to the community, but it would be cool if he could post here or somewhere else what exactly his job is within this community, because right now, it is up to ourselves to figure out what that is and as you can see people start making (apparently wrong) assumptions.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I will not question that, but no one has the slightest clue what a 'community manager' exactly does, and neither do I. His name however suggests that he is actively involved in this community, and if he doesn't post regularly it's no surprise that someone may question his dedication.

I have no doubt that he is a great addition to the community, but it would be cool if he could post here or somewhere else what exactly his job is within this community, because right now, it is up to ourselves to figure out what that is and as you can see people start making (apparently wrong) assumptions.
See this post, and his post later in the thread: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/community-managers.44235/#post-452403

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score

I totally see where you're coming from.

If I can elaborate myself, the job of a community manager is posing new ideas to help the community, working with staff, and handling community related issues.

Of course I don't know if that's their job exactly, but I can take a guess >.<

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
a little thing from me about the admins we play the games but late at night when we have finished our work as there is a lot of it that takes up our time we also have jobs and college or school you may not see us do work but think every map that goes on to the servers every up date that is done every time a problem comes up every time a new thing is done we have to help the devs set it up and maintain it also just like with the devs there are somethings we can not legally talk about due to a NDA it is a 24/7 job and when we have time off we some times play SG sometimes other servers or other games my point is don't make a statement saying people should do things with out knowing the full story for instance i do not wright post like g33ke or even that many posts as i am dyslexic and hate writing and i am just to busy. if you would like to see what each member of Sr Staff does look at this thread http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/meet-the-senior-staff.45399/#post-468873

thank you for listening

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I should also add that the main reason the Sr. Staff do not join public channels very often, is because the channel instantly multiplies in size and they get bombarded with questions about mod apps, ban disputes, and the like. I have seen it happen a large number of times, and I can see it being very frustrating.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
So far what I've seen here is people denying what I've said.
You are allowed to have a life, and be busy with staff work, but I still don't believe that it would take most of the day, especially since summer has arrived. You should be able to appear on a server at least every so often.

And everyone has been defending Col_Star with saying things like he does things behind the scenes. I read the linked threads, but that doesn't change the fact that if you're not even doing anything to be a member of the community you shouldn't have the ability to manage it. They may know how to handle a situation, but like I said, that's only one part of being a member of the staff. You also have to be active among us.

You're pretty much just defending yourselves with excuses I've already replied to in the original thread. If you can prove to me that the community managers and admins are honest members of the community (I believe the Sr. Staff are from what has been discussed in the thread) then I will give this up. But until then, I want the high up staff to be more active.

Just commenting on one part of the post that directly impacts me, being a developer.

I'm not too sure about other developers, but I'm on the forums almost every day answering various questions. In addition, I'm always browsing two of the main forums - "Survival Games Discussion" and "Feature Suggestions"; although we may not reply to every single thread in "Feature Suggestions", we do take the time to read all of them and consider them.

We can't be active in the community all the time, because whether the public sees it or not, we're always working on new projects and working on MCSG "behind the scenes". We can't share a lot of things we're working on with the community, simply because it's illegal for us to do so - all developers have signed a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with Chad, which legally prevents us from telling everyone a lot of what we're doing (and we can technically end up getting sued for doing so).

I realize you didn't directly say "the developers do nothing" (instead, you said more along the lines of "the developers aren't as active in the community as they could be"), but please take the above into consideration before you say something like that. We consider it quite rude when people claim we do nothing/aren't active, as we are actually quite active, and as said above, we can't tell the public a lot of things we work on.

So then because of this NDA, you can't tell us what you're working on, like the general idea or an estimation on when it may be released? I don't think I need details on how far you've gotten, I just want to know when I can expect stuff to come out and what is being worked on. I've seen you answer some similar questions on feature suggestion threads, and I think that was enough.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
the point of a NDA is we can not tell anyone anything

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
the point of a NDA is we can not tell anyone anything
That's obviously not true, because subv3rsion has said things that fit into what I want to know, and he obviously didn't break the NDA. He said things like
"We just need to convert blah blah blah to blah to finish blah"
And that fits into what I want to know, so either he secretly broke the NDA or it's not that bad.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
he has said things he is allowed to

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
We can tell (and in fact, we do tell) generic details of specific things; it all depends on what is under NDA and what isn't. For example, saying that "we need to convert from the old format to the new" isn't under NDA; giving details of any new projects we're working on, or giving specific technical details, is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci