• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Zone 85 {A Team Cloud Project}

Should this map become playable on the MCSG servers?

• Total voters

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
There may be another update in the download link soon. My build team and I are going to go through the map one final time and fix everything up. Don't worry though, it will mostly be small details, so for all you clans wars people, routes should stay the same.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Joel's Map Review
First off, I'd like to say congrats to you on finishing a map. It's a huge achievement and is one that I myself am very proud of. Also, congrats on being the first map that I review seriously :p I will judge your map on three categories: building, terraforming, and theme (I have not played it so I will not judge gameplay). At the end, I will give a final score out of ten to the map.

Terraforming
For the terraforming of this map you chose to make a terrain that has many hills and few completely flat areas. By doing this, you made a terrain that I find interesting to look at. However, I did find that the terraforming was sloppy in quite a few areas of the map. On your hills, the sides slope up awkwardly, making large flat block faces on the sides of your hills. You can see pictures of that here and here. Even on the arch, the main terraforming landmark on this map, this is evident. Also, the far bank of the east river is very flat and boring (as shown here). For these reasons, I personally am not a big fan of the terraforming on this map.

Builds
Luckily, the builds on this map make up for the average terraforming. I personally had a blast flying around the map, just looking at every building from the inside and out. The detail on every building is superb, and I am simply in love with all the cool cars, planes, and boats you built. Your build designs were all creative and original, and it really seems like you put a lot of thought and time into each one. Based off of the screenshots I was a little skeptical of your quartz/stone combination, but you made it work very well. I also loved the helicopter doing a bombing run and the cargo-bob dropping off crates (super cool parkour). The only building that I didn't like was this one; it just looks really weird and awkward. Also, I found two empty rooms in deep in mountain hangers (here and here). Overall, I am a big fan of the builds on this map.

Theme
I thought that this theme was going to be boring (another army base, bleigh), but I was definitely wrong. This map truly feels like a jungle army base in the midst of a war. All the cool planes, boats, and cars made the map feel incredibly genuine, especially considering that you guys made these objects look realistic (these tanks actually look like tanks!). The map even adds to the effect by having hangars and storage areas deep inside the mountains, one more thing that I thought was just super cool. This map really feels authentic, and I am honestly impressed by that.

Final Score
8/10
The builds and great follow-through on this map make me say "This is really cool!" about this map. And I feel that if you just fixed up the terraforming some and went over some parts of the map, this could truly be spectacular. Overall, a very unique map with tons of potential that has only partially been realized.

Loud

Experienced
Reaction score
Joel's Map Review
First off, I'd like to say congrats to you on finishing a map. It's a huge achievement and is one that I myself am very proud of. Also, congrats on being the first map that I review seriously :p I will judge your map on three categories: building, terraforming, and theme (I have not played it so I will not judge gameplay). At the end, I will give a final score out of ten to the map.

Terraforming
For the terraforming of this map you chose to make a terrain that has many hills and few completely flat areas. By doing this, you made a terrain that I find interesting to look at. However, I did find that the terraforming was sloppy in quite a few areas of the map. On your hills, the sides slope up awkwardly, making large flat block faces on the sides of your hills. You can see pictures of that here and here. Even on the arch, the main terraforming landmark on this map, this is evident. Also, the far bank of the east river is very flat and boring (as shown here). For these reasons, I personally am not a big fan of the terraforming on this map.

Builds
Luckily, the builds on this map make up for the average terraforming. I personally had a blast flying around the map, just looking at every building from the inside and out. The detail on every building is superb, and I am simply in love with all the cool cars, planes, and boats you built. Your build designs were all creative and original, and it really seems like you put a lot of thought and time into each one. Based off of the screenshots I was a little skeptical of your quartz/stone combination, but you made it work very well. I also loved the helicopter doing a bombing run and the cargo-bob dropping off crates (super cool parkour). The only building that I didn't like was this one; it just looks really weird and awkward. Also, I found two empty rooms in deep in mountain hangers (here and here). Overall, I am a big fan of the builds on this map.

Theme
I thought that this theme was going to be boring (another army base, bleigh), but I was definitely wrong. This map truly feels like a jungle army base in the midst of a war. All the cool planes, boats, and cars made the map feel incredibly genuine, especially considering that you guys made these objects look realistic (these tanks actually look like tanks!). The map even adds to the effect by having hangars and storage areas deep inside the mountains, one more thing that I thought was just super cool. This map really feels authentic, and I am honestly impressed by that.

Final Score
8/10
The builds and great follow-through on this map make me say "This is really cool!" about this map. And I feel that if you just fixed up the terraforming some and went over some parts of the map, this could truly be spectacular. Overall, a very unique map with tons of potential that has only partially been realized.
Thank you for that awesome review! I agree with you. One thing I find weird though is when you say you found those two empty rooms, I pretty sure both of them, (not sure) but I know one of them was inside a wall xD. It wasn't supposed to be filled. Anyways thanks for the review :)

w0wmonkey

Career
Reaction score
Joel's Map Review

Terraforming

Builds

Theme

Final Score
8/10
what about the redstone? huh? huh? :3
:D

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Joel's Map Review

Terraforming

Builds

Theme

Final Score
8/10
I can't begin to thank you for the amount of time this must have taken you. I appreciate every word. :)

For the terraforming, we didn't want to smooth out (I assume when you meant too blocky you wanted us to try to smooth it out more.) too much because then it starts to look less like terrain and more like a circular hill. However, we will definitely work with the river bank (I agree totally that it is bland.).

As for the builds, of the two rooms, one of them (your first screenshot) is supposed to be fairly empty, however, I will go back and add more detail to make it better, the second screenshot is inside of a wall. Players and spectators cannot get into the wall at that location, so everything is fine there. Also, that tower was the only thing that was bothering me as well. Another member of the team built that, and to have a better team unity I was trying to let everyone build something. So, I will talk to the person who built the awkward tower and expand upon that.

Thanks for everything again. I hope this response clears things up. We will fix everything you addressed since you took the time to write a review. Thanks so much! <3

-Andrew

J

Joel/MadDawg

what about the redstone? huh? huh? :3
:D
Very cool redstone, I managed to find some of the secret doors and rooms :)

One thing I find weird though is when you say you found those two empty rooms, I pretty sure both of them, (not sure) but I know one of them was inside a wall xD. It wasn't supposed to be filled. Anyways thanks for the review :)
As for the builds, of the two rooms, one of them (your first screenshot) is supposed to be fairly empty, however, I will go back and add more detail to make it better, the second screenshot is inside of a wall. Players and spectators cannot get into the wall at that location, so everything is fine there.
I just assumed both rooms were meant to be enterable because one has a (closed) iron door and the other looks like it has a code lock. My bad on that :p

Loud

Experienced
Reaction score
Very cool redstone, I managed to find some of the secret doors and rooms :)

I just assumed both rooms were meant to be enterable because one has a (closed) iron door and the other looks like it has a code lock. My bad on that :p

It's k :)

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am here with the final update until we find out whether MCSG wants to add this to the servers! The download link and changelog are updated, so if you want to know what was changed, check them out. Here are some screenshots of the new changes:

This tower was not very good looking before (in my opinion), however we put work into it and now I believe it looks very nice.

This door was originally just for show, but we decided to make it work. There is just a little room with some fun stuff behind it.

I never had a big problem with this build, but it was the focus of discussion from a lot of people when they were critiquing the map, so I decided to add more detail to it. It still looks, what some people deemed, 'awkward', but since the whole style of the map is a bit 'futuristic' I feel that this works nicely as something that could fit that style.

This was also something that has been bothering me. The river bank was too plain. We went through and added lily pads and sugar cane for a more jungle/tropical feel that also benefited the whole 'plain' problem. In the background you may also notice the vines hanging off the cliff. That is new as well.

You cannot actually see inside this room, but it was requested that we add more detail inside of it, and we did. It looks a lot better now.

Now that MCSG actually supports 1.7 by itself, we could add some 1.7 blocks. We didn't find many places to add these 1.7 blocks except for in the scrap yard. So, we decided to add podzol scattered on the ground in order to create a more 'run-down' sort of feel.

That is the overview of the final update! Now all the power shifts from my hands to MCSG. Thanks for all the support and feedback that you guys have given this map. <3

Tree_TheBigKind Loud Joel Maury-Holmes Map Committee MorphedCaliber techaton

J

Joel/MadDawg

Hey guys! I am here with the final update until we find out whether MCSG wants to add this to the servers! The download link and changelog are updated, so if you want to know what was changed, check them out. Here are some screenshots of the new changes:

This tower was not very good looking before (in my opinion), however we put work into it and now I believe it looks very nice.

This door was originally just for show, but we decided to make it work. There is just a little room with some fun stuff behind it.

I never had a big problem with this build, but it was the focus of discussion from a lot of people when they were critiquing the map, so I decided to add more detail to it. It still looks, what some people deemed, 'awkward', but since the whole style of the map is a bit 'futuristic' I feel that this works nicely as something that could fit that style.

This was also something that has been bothering me. The river bank was too plain. We went through and added lily pads and sugar cane for a more jungle/tropical feel that also benefited the whole 'plain' problem. In the background you may also notice the vines hanging off the cliff. That is new as well.

You cannot actually see inside this room, but it was requested that we add more detail inside of it, and we did. It looks a lot better now.

Now that MCSG actually supports 1.7 by itself, we could add some 1.7 blocks. We didn't find many places to add these 1.7 blocks except for in the scrap yard. So, we decided to add podzol scattered on the ground in order to create a more 'run-down' sort of feel.

That is the overview of the final update! Now all the power shifts from my hands to MCSG. Thanks for all the support and feedback that you guys have given this map. <3

Tree_TheBigKind Loud Joel Maury-Holmes Map Committee MorphedCaliber techaton
Wow, you guys took a lot of the things that I said into consideration! I'll download the map and give my final thoughts on the map with these final changes :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci