• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your Top 5 MCSG Maps

OrangepotatoMC

Tribute
Reaction score
1. Survival Games 4
2. Solar Frost
3. Moonlight Lake
4. Insanity Cause
5. Breeze Island(amiabadpersonforlikingbreeze?)

JohnnyGoesSmash

Platinum
Reaction score
1: Sg5 (very awesome with the snow layers even tho its makes my lag :/)
2:TSG2 (good amount of teir 2s and a lot of good chest routes)
3:Sg4 (i dont think people want to know why)
4:Breeze island (they added more teir 2s on my chest route! :) )
5:Moonlight lake: (Good amount of teir 2s but horrible corn with the lilly pads and water UGG)

Br00k

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1.sg4
2.sg japan
3.solar frost
4.sg5
5.skylands

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. SG4
2. Breeze Island
3. SG3
4. SG2
5. SG1

SG3 would be at the top, but I like SG4 and Breeze for the smaller map size.

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
Favorites:
1. Survival Games 2. I actually used to hate this map back in summer because I couldn't find any chests. :p However, over time, this map has grown on me the more I played it. There are a ton of awesome chest routes you can take, and the buildings and attention to detail is amazing. My route starts along a popular path (for the insane amount of loot there), but I end up cutting to an area that's usually never taken at the end (where there are a few important chests).
2. Kharmunrah. By far my favorite community map. Yeah, it's huge, but the terrain is interesting enough for it to be a game of exploration as well as killing people. It's amazing to look at as well, and there are so many things to find in this map. Like Solar Frost, it kinda depends on luck which side of the pyramid you come out on, but unlike SF, there are a ton of chests and the map is wide open, so that doesn't break the gameplay like it does in SF.
3. Teweran 2. This map is my favorite of the most recent maps to come out. The scenery is amazing, there are a ton of potential chest routes you can take, and it's just really fun to play on. All the problems I had with the first Teweran are also resolved (Horrible corn, OP dragon, etc).
4. Survival Games 3. This map is absolutely insane. Amazing terrain, a ton of well-hidden chests, and really cool structures. Some of my most fun games have been on this map. I have gotten totally lost several times, though. :3 My only problem with this map is the corn. I generally dislike corns with water surrounding the chests and making it a runner's heaven (though that's been fixed somewhat in v2).
5. Survival games 4. I'm not a huge fan of the smaller, fast-paced maps, but if I had to pick one, this would be it. Aesthetically, this map isn't near my favorite, but if I just want a quick game, this map has got me covered. It's really easy to find people, there are a ton of chests, and all of the problems I've had with the other small maps (Luck-based gameplay, too much water, being screwed after the first minute of not finding a weapon, etc.) don't really apply here.

Least favorite:
1. Breeze Island. To think I used to like this map... Now I have no idea why. There is way too much water, which makes for really boring gameplay and combat. Also, if you don't get a weapon really fast, you're pretty much screwed, because every single chest is taken within the first minute or so. If there are any unlooted chests a few minutes into the game, consider yourself lucky. Also, I have the same problems with the corn that I have with sg3 (though in SG3's case, the rest of the map made up for it in a big way). However, my biggest problem with the map is that it seems to have taken considerably less effort than several other maps. It's like they decided "Hey, let's make a map that's 70% water, 15% sand, 10% trees everywhere, and a couple structures!" It's really frustrating to see amazingly built maps get played so much less than this one.
2. Solar Frost. Not sure when, but one day, my opinion of this map soured really hard. Unless you study the map really carefully, there's no telling which tunnel you're gonna go into. Unfortunately, this means that if you're not the first one into a tunnel, getting a weapon is close to impossible. Now, this map does look better than Breeze, and there's more attention to detail, which saves it from the #1 spot on the list. I just find the gameplay of this map to be not that great.
3. Moonlight Lake. Of all the maps, this one seems to have taken the least effort. Most of the map is flat with oak trees grown on it. Throw in a hill ring and a few structures, and you've got yourself a map. Also, if you can somehow make a route for this map, you're a freaking god, because it all looks the same. The corn is interesting, with lilypads for parkour, but that's the only part of the map I really like.

I would do a top 5, but the gap between 3 and 4 for me is huge, as I don't really HATE my 4th choice, so I think I'll just end it here. :p

CaRBoNiiC-

Diamond
Reaction score
Favorites:
1. Survival Games 2. I actually used to hate this map back in summer because I couldn't find any chests. :p However, over time, this map has grown on me the more I played it. There are a ton of awesome chest routes you can take, and the buildings and attention to detail is amazing. My route starts along a popular path (for the insane amount of loot there), but I end up cutting to an area that's usually never taken at the end (where there are a few important chests).
2. Kharmunrah. By far my favorite community map. Yeah, it's huge, but the terrain is interesting enough for it to be a game of exploration as well as killing people. It's amazing to look at as well, and there are so many things to find in this map. Like Solar Frost, it kinda depends on luck which side of the pyramid you come out on, but unlike SF, there are a ton of chests and the map is wide open, so that doesn't bother me.
3. Teweran 2. This map is my favorite of the most recent maps to come out. The scenery is amazing, there are a ton of potential chest routes you can take, and it's just really fun to play on. All the problems I had with the first Teweran are also resolved (Horrible corn, OP dragon, etc).
4. Survival Games 3. This map is absolutely insane. Amazing terrain, a ton of well-hidden chests, and really cool structures. Some of my most fun games have been on this map. I have gotten totally lost several times, though. :3 My only problem with this map is the corn. I generally dislike corns with water surrounding the chests and making it a runner's heaven (though that's been fixed somewhat in v2).
5. Survival games 4. I'm not a huge fan of the smaller, fast-paced maps, but if I had to pick one, this would be it. Aesthetically, this map isn't near my favorite, but if I just want a quick game, this map has got me covered. It's really easy to find people, there are a ton of chests, and all of the problems I've had with the other small maps (Luck-based gameplay, too much water, being screwed after the first minute of not finding a weapon, etc.) don't really apply here.

Least favorite:
1. Breeze Island. To think I used to like this map... Now I have no idea why. There is way too much water, which makes for really boring gameplay and combat. Also, if you don't get a weapon really fast, you're pretty much screwed, because every single chest is taken within the first minute or so. If there are any unlooted chests a few minutes into the game, consider yourself lucky. Also, I have the same problems with the corn that I have with sg3 (though in SG3's case, the rest of the map made up for it in a big way). However, my biggest problem with the map is that it seems to have taken considerably less effort than several other maps. It's like they decided "Hey, let's make a map that's 70% water, 15% sand, 10% trees everywhere, and a couple structures!" It's really frustrating to see amazingly built maps get played so much less than this one.
2. Solar Frost. Not sure when, but one day, my opinion of this map soured really hard. Unless you study the map really carefully, there's no telling which tunnel you're gonna go into. Unfortunately, this means that if you're not the first one into a tunnel, getting a weapon is close to impossible. Now, this map does look better than Breeze, and there's more attention to detail, which saves it from the #1 spot on the list. I just find the gameplay of this map to be not that great.
3. Moonlight Lake. Of all the maps, this one seems to have taken the least effort. Most of the map is flat with oak trees grown on it. Throw in a hill ring and a few structures, and you've got yourself a map. Also, if you can somehow make a route for this map, you're a freaking god, because it all looks the same. The corn is interesting, with lilypads for parkour, but that's the only part of the map I really like.

I would do a top 5, but the gap between 3 and 4 for me is huge, as I don't really HATE my 4th choice, so I think I'll just end it here. :p

This is how our answers should really be ^. Great job by the way :)

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. TSG2-Drybone valley
2. SG2
3. TSG1
4. SG4
5. Breeze Island

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads