• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your perspective of 'GG'

When do you think it's fair to say 'GG'

• Killing a pro player off spawn

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Killing a pro player after you both had full iron diamond swords

Votes: 86 92.5%

• Total voters

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
So I've been here for a while now and the term GG or GF or GGWP has started to developed over a period time in general gaming, but really, what is its real meaning?

People use it general terms when they do something, like win a fight against a good player or they come back from an epic 1v3 or whatever. However, I believe it should be a term used very rarely, or at least when something amazing happens. My reason for thinking this is because so many people have evolved this term into 'rude' ways of getting someone quite angry without them even swearing or being mean. Or that they use the term when it isn't necessary. Examples are 'Get good' or 'get f*****'.

I believe that 'GG' means good game were it is fair and close and there was lag or anything of that sort, I personally never use it unless it was a good fight between a friend or a 2v1 comeback in DM, would I be correct in saying that? No, people have put this into a different perspective and have interpreted differently than what the original meaning is supposed to mean. There are many examples to my explanation:

- The other players have gotten a stone sword at spawn and deliberately targeted you and have said 'GG'.
It is wrong, like think about what did they have? Nothing. Did you need anything from the chest they collected? No.
Then is there any need to say GG/GF they obviously didn't have a chance. Then why?

Same goes for other situations, it doesn't make sense, is it much more of an accomplishment to kill a good player with nothing? Or is it much more of an accomplishment to kill a good player when you both have full iron?

Like I know it's little, but it actually means a lot. Could you guys leave a suggestion about what you think on the topic, I am personally annoyed as I get this every game I die, but I don't know what everyone else thinks of it..

Drybear1998

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more, it's honestly one of the most annoying things in MCSG for me right now.

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
OMG I couldn't agree more !!!! It ticks me off when a team double or triple teams you and says GG

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree completely. That feeling when a team of 2+ kills you and says "gg" ;-;

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly I don't even know why I say it. I just get it said to me so often that it's sort of planted itself into my brain, causing me to type 'GG' each time I win. I do find it annoying, but I get caught up in the moment and say it without realising. Of course there are times when it is appropriate to say GG. If I killed someone I know is good in a fair fight, then I think I have the right to say good game. If I destroy a guy in leather armour with an axe, then it is definitely not a 'Good Game'. Saying GG in that situation will make you look like a Feminine Hygene Product. I don't really intentionally say it, it's just a habit I guess.

Jadiouu

Platinum
Reaction score
I have been saying "GG" when the game is over and I enjoyed the match as it stands for "Good Game", but seeing what other people thinks about it I might stop it? I don't want to sound like a Feminine Hygene Product :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci