• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

You don't need godly ping

Reaction score
That doesn't relate to his post at all. You have been making a lot of threads recently, but when people say that, take it as you are just active.

Anyway, ping can help a lot during fights occasionally, but if you are an average, tactical player, you should easily manage to take out someone with decent ping. People say that ping helps to make players reach further, and if that is true, it would help a lot, but it's not. If you can manage to FnS them, and use the fishing rod properly, it should be a fair fight.
True true

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes you do need ping... I get 300 ping on AU and I can't get off of corn.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is yet another part of the totally new PvP mindset and mechanic that the sprint key and 1.7 in general brought. It basically made connection a lot more important than it was in other versions for PvP, but people think ping's a much bigger factor than it actually is. Ping can be balanced out by skill and strategy, but sometimes the gap is too large to close- for instance, trying to fight someone with 10 ping when you have 800 is nearly impossible.

PolarProject

Platinum
Reaction score
less than 50 ping is an advantage, however after enthusiastic players have devoted enough time and experience on the server in order to develop a certain level of skill, this becomes their next goal. So ultimately killing "ping abusers" is strategy and even perhaps clicking speed. But like you said, in theory you don't need good ping, it could just be useful.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Moreover, there's something else that came with 1.7. Around the range of 150 to 300ms, you're able to get hits and combos sometimes unrivaled by even people with 20ms, and your movement can be somewhat unpredictable due to the delay. This only applies to direct melee combat with swords though- secondary weapons are rendered much less effective than what they'd be when used with good ping. There are two main prerequisites, however; you need to know what you're doing and have an above average clicking speed (above 6-7 clicks/second).
This is particularly evident in potion and soup PvP gamemodes, but not so much on MCSG style gamemodes solely because fights tend to last a few seconds whereas soup and potion fights can go on for up to 4 minutes. In these quick fight gamemodes, good ping is key and that 'second tier' of god ping as I'll put it isn't near as effective as it is in long fight gamemodes.

RelentlessForce

Diamond
Reaction score
I laugh when players say "Oh you're all ping" it is hilarious. People just use it as an excuse when they get outplayed or misplayed. Unless they have like 150+ ping when fighting someone with 9 ping like myself then fair enough. But even then, use of the Rod, FnS and Bow can completely make up for the ping difference as well with choke points.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci