• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Xbox one vs PS4

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think they are both good systems. I have been a xbox fan for a long while but was disapointed with xbox at e3. But after more research and they fixed their majors issues, I am sticking with xbox.
What are you guys leaning on? Any news or specific reasons you want or dont want one or the other?
I would like to try and keep this thread civil so please no bashing, just facts and preferences.

Here are some points from each system

------PS4------

Power: Fact: Call of duty runs at native 1080p and 720p on the xbox one. We can argue all we want about what difference this will actually make when it comes to way games look on our new systems. But when it comes right down to it, Sony appears to be the better bet for pure hardware capability.

Exclusives: Sony has some of the best studios in the biz producing game exclusively for its platforms, so if you want to see what shops like Quantic Dream or Media Molecule are cooking up, you’ll need a PS4.

Controller: The Dualshock 4 is the most drastic redesign of the Playstation controller since Sony got the idea to put analog sticks on it. The triggers are easier to use and rest your fingers on, there’s a share button for easy access to social features, and the clickable touch screen is front and center for a whole range of different controls. It still maintains the essential Dualshock design to avoid alienating long-term fans, but it’s a vastly more refined and easier to use version.

Price: $100 cheaper

------Xbox One------

Cloud: Sony may have bought Gaikai, but Microsoft is Microsoft. As this generation continues, we’re going to see the true benefits of having the resources of one of the largest tech companies in the world backing your console. “Project Mountain” is a $700 million data center built for Xbox One and Office 365, and more games will take advantage of that computing power as time goes on.

Kinect: The Kinect never quite found its footing on the Xbox 360, but Microsoft believes in this technology. It’s a fully-featured depth sensing camera that, in my limited time with it so far, appears to be a huge improvement over the previous generation. If you want to do P90x with your Xbox, you can do that. If you want to use dragon shouts by actually shouting or command your squad with your voice, you can do that too. And I’ve got a feeling that the best uses of the Kinect are yet to come. It’s odd, new, and still brimming with potential. Why not take a chance on the future?

Controller: The Dualshock 4 is a big improvement over the Dualshock 3, but the Xbox controller is still a beautiful little piece of industrial design. The Xbox One controller doesn’t fix what isn’t broken, but it builds on the now classic design in every way. Offset analog sticks remain a great way to game, and rumbling triggers actually make the experience feel different. It’s also better balanced, and has an improved d-pad. We’ve come a long way since the dinner plates.
For shooter fans especially the Xbox controller design is tested, successful, and worth sticking with.

Entertainment: Much to the chagrin of gamers everywhere, Microsoft chose to focus on TV and entertainment options in its Xbox One reveal rather than games. But by now, we know that the system has games and, exclusives aside. Add in MP3 support, DLNA streaming and audio CDs, and Xbox One can handily serve as an entertainment hub for the whole living room. I play games as much as anyone, but I still use my console for a whole lot of other things. It’s worth making those things a priority as well.

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
I'm going to choose the X-box One over the Playstation 4. I'm mainly doing this because I have been with X-box for my whole life and I had horrible experiences with PSN. ( You get what you pay for ;) )

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
I want the Xbox One, all of my friends are getting the PS4. The only reason I got an Xbox in the first place is because my friends wanted to play MW3 with me.. so I guess I'll do the same thing again and go with the PS4 :p

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was planning on getting a PS4 but instead chose to get a PC. Anyways, I wanted to get a PS4 for the same reason a lot of people want to get the Xbox One. I've been on Playstation for a majority of my gaming life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci