• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why do people listen to bad singers?

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I defined my opinion of bad music as music which has no inspiration, meaning, or doesn't show the artists talent/skill. Ordinary people who don't have ANY musical talent, but so many people think they are talented and good singers/musicians. That is sad.
So I would say he's good and bad :p

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I defined my opinion of bad music as music which has no inspiration, meaning, or doesn't show the artists talent/skill. Ordinary people who don't have ANY musical talent, but so many people think they are talented and good singers/musicians. That is sad.
Everything you just said is completely subjective.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
My friend listens Lil B because he absolutely loves the bad-rapper satire. Thank you Based God!

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
At the end we can all agree that Ariana Grande has both the looks as well as the amazing singing. ;)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Let me tell you something ;).
I guess you are not a Hip-Hop/Rap fan, which is fine, you shouldn't be forced to!
A lot of the rap songs that are published onto the charts these days do contain a lot of sex, money etc. Why? Well, sex sells! Artists produce catchy, trashy and lyrically bad songs as there singles, this then being on the charts.
Which is why so many people criticize artists and music today saying it's floppy, trash etc, because they only listen to what they hear on the charts, NOT the album.

I wouldn't say there is any talent-less artists out there today.
Example; A lot of people pound on Nicki Minaj when they talk about sex and trashy music.
She has made songs like "Anaconda" that show that clearly, but that's only because it's a single! Listen to her other songs like The Crying Game, All things go, I lied, Marilyn Monroe etc. They are well written and never underestimate rappers, there lyrical talent (some) is incredible, the rhymes, the flow, the impact is so amazing and breathtaking. Only professional music critiques can really identify that.

Anyway, back onto "talent-less artists", I've only highlighted lyrical talent.
My opinion, I feel like people say "auto-tuned artists" have no talent, because there to busy comparing artists to the weaker ones. There are people who use autotune more than others, that doesn't mean they are bad artists, singing just might not be there priority or strength, writing songs, producing etc might be there specialty. I also think artists, even if they are "trash" have fans because the message they have in there songs connects with certain people.

Hope that answers your question :p Never written so much in my life!​

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I only listen to older music between 1950s-1980s. I haven't found new music that I actually like. Most newer music doesn't have any appeal to me and it seems they care more about money and fame that the actual music. I wouldn't listen new auto-tuned or rap music just because its popular or cool. Music should be more about the sound then the person making the sound.

It seems we are blinded by their appearance and attitude so we are tricked into liking the music. People today don't keep their fame that long because their music isn't very good and their fans get tired of looking at their pretty face. When people loose their fame the artists start to change and act stupid just to get their fame back. Most music today is just a joke but sometimes you can find decent artist appear every now and then. Not all new music is bad but a lot of artists forget the reason they are famous, making music.

K

KiDD

Like some people said above, find the right person, play the music, and they'll nod their head. It's preference. Although yeah, I don't know how people listen to a good majority of music that plays.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I really to be honest don't get it :/ except for maybe the ones singing about sex and hookers because for some reason people are interested in that
:/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci