• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why a Wooden Sword is better than a Stone Ax

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I gotta say I'm with team sword on this one. I really don't think durability matters, as you will usually get a new and possibly better weapon from those you kill. Plus, i don't get why u guys say axes are scarier, i will run from a guy with full iron and a wood sword but fight him if he has an axe. Why? Well because he cant block-hit and i just prefer swords. In the end i guess its just a matter of opinion and if you block hit, if you don't i would go with sword.

tommat6000

Experienced
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that axes 'swing faster'. Is this true? =3

SpakPVP

Spectator
Reaction score
Dude, stone ax and wood sword do the same damage......

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They do the same damage. But with the sword you can block.
But if I remember correctly, the wooden sword has less durability. Though using the axe instead will take double durability from the axe when used to attack.

Edit: I just realized I spit out what was already posted.

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that axes 'swing faster'. Is this true? =3
Haha, no. People like to troll and say "axes have faster attack speed than swords." If you ever see a noob make an iron axe or a diamond axe, thats probably why. Almost as bad as butter swords LOL

Jarni

Career
Reaction score
Isn't it when you use a stone axe you get more crits, not completely sure on that one but I've been told :p

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I personally block hit. Though If I do not got a sword, but a stone axe I actually do pretty cool with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci