• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Where are the ender pearls?

Should ender pearls be added as a rare item in MCSG?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Enderpearls are an over powered item in survival games, and that can't be denied. I completely agree with those points you made, and I respect the time and effort you put into making them, but that doesn't change the fact that they can make the game a bit unfair.

For one, like you said, enderpearls can be used to get to normally inaccessible areas. Someone could get onto the roof of a building, where no one could kill them and they could camp the whole game. I understand your point in saying that they will be weak when the death match comes, but what if they have pretty good armour when they teleport up and they trust their PvP skill to do the rest? That can make for an annoying game. And also, what if there are multiple people camping? If there are 3 people camping with that multitude of enderpearls, the game will last the whole 30 minutes which is a waste of time for the people/person looking for the campers, and for the people camping too, even though it will be slightly less for them since they did it on purpose.

Enderpearls can also be used to get a massive advantage in teleporting to your route faster. If you get an enderpearl in the cornucopia, you can immediately teleport to one of the best areas on the map, or somewhere closer to it than the rest, and you will be the first to get there and uncontested for a long while. This ruins games on maps like Teweran and the dragon chest, or the castle behind it. And maps like breeze to get to the tier 2 chest in each area faster.

I like the idea of having more enderpearls, but I don't like the idea that anyone can get them simply by opening a chest and bringing the item into their inventory. Maybe instead of them spawning in chests at all, more than 1 of them can be sponsored throughout the game. Say, 3-5 enderpearls could be sponsored throughout the game in total. Then everyone still gets the chance to have an enderpearl and they aren't too easily accessible so as to be over powered.
To add to this, pearls can be used to escape the dome on various maps.

SullisaurusRex

Survivor
Reaction score
Enderpearls are an over powered item in survival games, and that can't be denied. I completely agree with those points you made, and I respect the time and effort you put into making them, but that doesn't change the fact that they can make the game a bit unfair.

For one, like you said, enderpearls can be used to get to normally inaccessible areas. Someone could get onto the roof of a building, where no one could kill them and they could camp the whole game. I understand your point in saying that they will be weak when the death match comes, but what if they have pretty good armour when they teleport up and they trust their PvP skill to do the rest? That can make for an annoying game. And also, what if there are multiple people camping? If there are 3 people camping with that multitude of enderpearls, the game will last the whole 30 minutes which is a waste of time for the people/person looking for the campers, and for the people camping too, even though it will be slightly less for them since they did it on purpose.

Enderpearls can also be used to get a massive advantage in teleporting to your route faster. If you get an enderpearl in the cornucopia, you can immediately teleport to one of the best areas on the map, or somewhere closer to it than the rest, and you will be the first to get there and uncontested for a long while. This ruins games on maps like Teweran and the dragon chest, or the castle behind it. And maps like breeze to get to the tier 2 chest in each area faster.

I like the idea of having more enderpearls, but I don't like the idea that anyone can get them simply by opening a chest and bringing the item into their inventory. Maybe instead of them spawning in chests at all, more than 1 of them can be sponsored throughout the game. Say, 3-5 enderpearls could be sponsored throughout the game in total. Then everyone still gets the chance to have an enderpearl and they aren't too easily accessible so as to be over powered.
Thanks for your opinions. I do see the flaws with them and it sucks that something I think we would ALL like for the strategic purposes can be manipulated that way. Maybe your idea of the sponsoring is the best way to handle it but it's really hard to know because if we are able to say pearls are too dangerous to have in chests then how can you say that sponsoring them would be better?

This definitely isn't an attack on what you are saying, I just must not understand. Because I almost feel you can't be ok with them being sponsored if you don't feel ok with them being put in the game because either way, people will have access. It doesn't make the people not abuse them just because they got them from a sponsor then if they got them from a chest

Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions. I do see the flaws with them and it sucks that something I think we would ALL like for the strategic purposes can be manipulated that way. Maybe your idea of the sponsoring is the best way to handle it but it's really hard to know because if we are able to say pearls are too dangerous to have in chests then how can you say that sponsoring them would be better?

This definitely isn't an attack on what you are saying, I just must not understand. Because I almost feel you can't be ok with them being sponsored if you don't feel ok with them being put in the game because either way, people will have access. It doesn't make the people not abuse them just because they got them from a sponsor then if they got them from a chest
Only 1 pearl can be sponsored per game, making it so only 1 can be used per game, it's also significantly more rare to get sponsored than to get them in chests. It's not OP when there's only 1 pearl to be found and used per game.

SullisaurusRex

Survivor
Reaction score
Only 1 pearl can be sponsored per game, making it so only 1 can be used per game, it's also significantly more rare to get sponsored than to get them in chests. It's not OP when there's only 1 pearl to be found and used per game.
Right but hear me out. The main argument for pearls to not be put in is it would make the game unbalanced and give some players better stuff. But the problem with this argument is that by giving only ONE pearl to ONE person you are in fact not making it balanced. You might say well no one ever sponsors anyway so it doesn't matter. AND you're right. Which is why having pearls in the game just as a sponsored item doesn't seem like a fair choice to me.
Either one of two instances happen every single game.
1. No one sponsors anyone a pearl meaning they might as well not be in the game at all.....or
2. One player gets a pearl which gives them a distinct advantage over the other people because they now don't have the ability to even get sponsored one and for the reasons others have mentioned. Someone could use the pearl to reach tier 2 double chests and completely turn the tide of a game which wouldn't be a fair trade off for everyone else playing.

I am in favor of ender pearls and I also understand the problems they cause but you can't really play both sides of the fence by saying they shoudnt be made available because they are OP but they should be sponsored. By sponsoring it gives ONE player a distinct advantage, if it is put into chests it gives EVERYONE the same chance.

I don't expect this to be solved because I see both pros and cons but I think at least a step in the right direction would be to allow more than one to be sponsored per game. Make it like 5. See how it changes the game. If for the good, make it more. If bad, go back to 1. Either way I just want to make this awesome game even better! :)

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
Right but hear me out. The main argument for pearls to not be put in is it would make the game unbalanced and give some players better stuff. But the problem with this argument is that by giving only ONE pearl to ONE person you are in fact not making it balanced. You might say well no one ever sponsors anyway so it doesn't matter. AND you're right. Which is why having pearls in the game just as a sponsored item doesn't seem like a fair choice to me.
Either one of two instances happen every single game.
1. No one sponsors anyone a pearl meaning they might as well not be in the game at all.....or
2. One player gets a pearl which gives them a distinct advantage over the other people because they now don't have the ability to even get sponsored one and for the reasons others have mentioned. Someone could use the pearl to reach tier 2 double chests and completely turn the tide of a game which wouldn't be a fair trade off for everyone else playing.

I am in favor of ender pearls and I also understand the problems they cause but you can't really play both sides of the fence by saying they shoudnt be made available because they are OP but they should be sponsored. By sponsoring it gives ONE player a distinct advantage, if it is put into chests it gives EVERYONE the same chance.

I don't expect this to be solved because I see both pros and cons but I think at least a step in the right direction would be to allow more than one to be sponsored per game. Make it like 5. See how it changes the game. If for the good, make it more. If bad, go back to 1. Either way I just want to make this awesome game even better! :)
Dude, sponsor items are there as a RARITY and they don't need to be used every game. This is why the effect can be game changing.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

It's dangerous to have pearls in chests and not as sponsor simply because it costs somebody else hard-earned points to sponsor somebody. Ender pearls are the most expensive sponsor item, at 150 points and worth that much. Another thing is, if you have them in chests people will no doubt get them at the beginning of the game, allowing them to get to an OP route faster, like I said. When someone sponsors something, it VERY rarely is at the beginning of the game, and normally a bit in when plenty of people have died. This makes it much less OP, because if someone were to use an enderpearl this late in the game, it would normally only be to get somewhere faster or while chasing/retreating.

I never said they should be made unavailable (or if I did, I apoligize), I said (or meant to say) they should be very uncommon and hard to get, though accessible to everyone like you said. I think if they developers made it so any of the items available for sponsorships could be sponsored multiple times in a game (3-5), that would make enderpearls strong, but rare, and therefore not OP.

SullisaurusRex

Survivor
Reaction score
It's dangerous to have pearls in chests and not as sponsor simply because it costs somebody else hard-earned points to sponsor somebody. Ender pearls are the most expensive sponsor item, at 150 points and worth that much. Another thing is, if you have them in chests people will no doubt get them at the beginning of the game, allowing them to get to an OP route faster, like I said. When someone sponsors something, it VERY rarely is at the beginning of the game, and normally a bit in when plenty of people have died. This makes it much less OP, because if someone were to use an enderpearl this late in the game, it would normally only be to get somewhere faster or while chasing/retreating.

I never said they should be made unavailable (or if I did, I apoligize), I said (or meant to say) they should be very uncommon and hard to get, though accessible to everyone like you said. I think if they developers made it so any of the items available for sponsorships could be sponsored multiple times in a game (3-5), that would make enderpearls strong, but rare, and therefore not OP.
I think to keep the game as balanced as possible that might be the best solution. I would just like to see them more, I guess

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci